• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Summer Sale July 1 | Not steamy but very hot (non-US buyers: read OP)

Tony, if I bought the plentyful Paradox package some weeks ago, am I sool concerning Steam keys? Back then only Sword if the Stars II and Crusader kings (and Magicka) werd Steam activation keys. If I knew this time all games were steam redeemable I would have waited :/

Unfortunately our system can't associate new keys with a game once it has been purchased. I very seriously considered not offering the Steam keys at all, like ever, but I figured I'd let people moving forward take advantage of it.

I'm trying to figure out an elegant solution for you guys that purchased before we had Steam keys but I don't know that I'll have one anytime in the near future.

To give you some context, the original answer I got was "no you can't have Steam keys", then, because you guys bought so much of it, I was able to go back to the pub and make the case for getting them.

I'll update you if we come up with a solution, but right now we don't have one.

Sorry again man :(.

Cheers,
Tony

Demon Ice

Banned
Is the consensus that Max Payne 3 is worth $30?

Yes yes yes. Everybody with a decent rig needs to get Max Payne 3.

Lol at Spec Ops, thought the demo was boring as hell so will be skipping that one. Considering Darkness 2...but I'm probably gonna wait til the Steam Summer Sale.

Ceebs

Maybe jumping in on The Darkness II at that price.

Tony, Mind if I ask how the Digital PC sales have been panning out for Amazon? I would imagine they are doing pretty well for you guys.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Unfortunately our system can't associate new keys with a game once it has been purchased. I very seriously considered not offering the Steam keys at all, like ever, but I figured I'd let people moving forward take advantage of it.

I'm trying to figure out an elegant solution for you guys that purchased before we had Steam keys but I don't know that I'll have one anytime in the near future.

To give you some context, the original answer I got was "no you can't have Steam keys", then, because you guys bought so much of it, I was able to go back to the pub and make the case for getting them.

I'll update you if we come up with a solution, but right now we don't have one.

Sorry again man :(.

Cheers,
Tony

I see, well it's not like it's the end of world ;) If you find a solution just let me know! Thanks for the information.

Maybe jumping in on The Darkness II at that price.

Tony, Mind if I ask how the Digital PC sales have been panning out for Amazon? I would imagine they are doing pretty well for you guys.

:) hope you do grab it.

Things are going remarkably well. I can't share specific financial data but there are a lot of regular high fives over here both internally and from our partners (the publishers we sell games for).

Working with these communities is SUPER helpful because you guys are freaking brutal lol. We continue to learn what's working and what isn't from you guys and it has paid dividends for sure.

Remember there are like, a bazillion people, on Amazon.com that don't know about game downloads or our major competitors. You guys help me craft amazing deals to bring to them and introduce them to the service. PLUS you all buy a lot of games, which is great.

Guys like Neloice have been invaluable to our success, taking time out of their days to help spread the word...super cool.

Cheers,
Tony

Fantastical

Death Prophet
I'm guessing this is the Rockstar Classics Pack?

1. Bully - Scholarship Edition
2. Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas
3. Grand Theft Auto - Vice City
4. Max Payne 2 - The Fall of Payne
5. Midnight Club 2

So Spec Ops actually has a good story? I'm interested now but couldn't they have named it Heart of Darkness or something else that doesn't look and sound completely generic?

the only games i don't have are

- Spec Ops: The Line - didn't sell well, everyone and there momma's running a sale on this, will wait until $15.00 lol

- Syndicate - wasn't this $25.00+ in the last promotion? at this rate it will be much cheaper

So Spec Ops actually has a good story? I'm interested now but couldn't they have named it Heart of Darkness or something else that doesn't look and sound completely generic?

i heard that spec ops is a 5-6 hour story with an average multiplayer.. read some player reviews

Nelo Ice

Banned
:) hope you do grab it.

Things are going remarkably well. I can't share specific financial data but there are a lot of regular high fives over here both internally and from our partners (the publishers we sell games for).

Working with these communities is SUPER helpful because you guys are freaking brutal lol. We continue to learn what's working and what isn't from you guys and it has paid dividends for sure.

Remember there are like, a bazillion people, on Amazon.com that don't know about game downloads or our major competitors. You guys help me craft amazing deals to bring to them and introduce them to the service. PLUS you all buy a lot of games, which is great.

Guys like Neloice have been invaluable to our success, taking time out of their days to help spread the word...super cool.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks! Also grats on the tag Tony! Was actually thinking about asking a mod to give you one lol.

iavi

Oh, man, definitely getting on that classic Rockstar pack. Do the games come as separate keys so we can gift the ones we already own?

Ledsen

god help me I might get Syndicate :/

fucking Origin. I really want that game.

btw many of the games listed below the supposed steam ones are still steamworks and can be activated..

Dude you never even have to start Origin except when you're installing a game.

Alex

Origin isn't a big deal, it's pretty light and quick and inoffensive, just stuff EA games into it when you have to and otherwise ignore it.

XEROWUN

Neo Member
Oh, man, definitely getting on that classic Rockstar pack. Do the games come as separate keys so we can gift the ones we already own?

usually each key is by themselves. i asked tony about doubles and he said, it will show as Quantity: 2 and when you expand it will show two keys. if you used one for steam, you can give the other away if you want

EDIT: each game has its own independent key usually (unlike the humble bundle which 1 code equals all the games)

iavi

usually each key is by themselves. i asked tony about doubles and he said, it will show as Quantity: 2 and when you expand it will show two keys. if you used one for steam, you can give the other away if you want

Perfect. Thanks!

nyong

Banned
Syndicate, Bioshock 2, and Darkness II for sure. Maybe Max Payne 3. Between Amazon and Steam lets just say that none of my leftovers will be going bad this week.

nyong

Banned
Maybe I'll finally get Duke Nukem Forever. I heard the expansion was actually really awesome compared to the game.
Crap, forgot about that one.

I even liked what I played of the main game on the console, although there is some incredibly tasteless humor if you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

Valnen

Crap, forgot about that one.

I even liked what I played of the main game on the console, although there is some incredibly tasteless humor if you're sensitive to that sort of thing.

I always thought that was the point of Duke Nukem to begin with. Kinda strange so many people complained about that. It's like buying a Mortal Kombat game and complaining about graphic violence.

nyong

Banned
I always thought that was the point of Duke Nukem to begin with. Kinda strange so many people complained about that. It's like buying a Mortal Kombat game and complaining about graphic violence.
I'm talking tasteless like a pack of cigarettes called "fags" (if memory serves) with a picture of an obviously stereotypical gay guy on the label.

They are practically whoring for controversy in that game.

I've got some inside information.
I Googled "Amazon Rockstar Classics". They are reusing an old pack they made in the past.

Yeah, I just forgot to include the full breakout in my email to Neloice, my bad.

The difference between the old and new pack is that the new one activates on Steam.

Cheers,
Toy

Valnen

I'm talking tasteless like a pack of cigarettes called "fags" (if memory serves) with a picture of an obviously stereotypical gay guy on the label.

They are practically whoring for controversy in that game.

Again, I thought that was the point.

wanders

We had it for 75% off recently, 82% off in a 4 pack!

I'll pitch running it again in July. Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

Thanks Tony :)

Edit: When I was looking for some PC couch multiplayer games SS3 came up in a lot of recommendations so when I looked if it was on sale I was day late lol

Top Bottom