• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Stanley Cup 2017 Finals [OT]- To Catch a Predator

cut.jpg

cut.jpg

ALLEGIANCE LIST

DISCORD CHAT FOR YOUR SALTY NEEDS

OFFSEASON THREAD:

NHL.COM PLAYOFFS BRACKET(Thanks Shane B)

Guess I'll just make it again.

https://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/leagues/nhl-gaf

Done.

Password - GAF

THE TEAMS:

Pittsburgh Penguins
: After beating the most boring team in the NHL in a double OT winner, Led by good Maritime Sid Crosby, the Penguins look to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions

Nashville Predators: Having never been to a Stanley Cup Final in their franchise, they did it by destroying the Chicago Blackhawks in four games in round one. This team had the makings of being something special. Led by Mr Carrie Underwood and the charismatic PK Subban this team is ALL IN.

Playoff Schedule:

Monday, May 29, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Wednesday, May 31, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Saturday, June 3, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBCSN, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

Monday, June 5, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Thursday, June 8, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Sunday, June 11, 8pm: Penguins @ Predators | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

*Wednesday, June 14, 8pm: Predators @ Penguins | NBC, CBC, Sportsnet, TVA Sports

* - if necessary

Special thanks to ImBask for the thread title

Why don't you have a seat Hockey Fans?

BACK TO BACK!
Death comes arrivin' on a Midnight Train!
BACK TO BACK!
Conscience is screamin' to the End!
BACK TO BACK!
Come on we gotta do it again!
BACK TO BACK!
I can no longer pretend!
Give me a break, you damned!
Just wanna get back my dice again
BLAZING DOWN!
What a Heavy Day!

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
I've never watched a Predators game in my life until these playoffs. Preds-GAF, thanks for being such hospitable hosts and letting a bandwagoner feel at home.

Stasis

Preds bandwagon for me! Love Hags but fuck the Pens in general and Subban bringing a cup to Montreal Children's Hospital would be so amazing.

mo60

I said this in the playoff thread, but I expect this series to be another close series and possibly even another 7 game series. I think it's really hard to determine right now who wins this series. The preds mostly have done well in all of their series so far while the pens have had two back to back 7 game series and really struggle at times against their last two opponents. With all the issues the pens faced so far in the playoffs I think it won't be easy for them to beat the preds like it wasn't easy for them to beat the caps and the sens. Will these issues hurt them in the preds-pens series I don't know yet, but like I said this series won't be a blowout for whoever wins it.Also the preds do have issues of their own but it really has not hindered them much yet like it has with the pens.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
"Pretty shocking how all the Canadian teams have been eliminated, considering how they went undefeated in the playoffs last season."

brutal

having PK bring the Cup to the Montreal's Children Hospital would put a smile on all those kids' face.s.. and a big frown on Bergevin's

Go Preds!

giphy.gif

Alucard

Banned
Let's go Pens. Do it in six or less.

Crosby for Conn Smythe if he keeps up the same level of play he's shown lately. He's making this team go again.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
As a Red Wings fan, I don't know who to hate more.

I hope they both lose.

As a Pens fan I have nothing but respect for the Wings. Those 2 finals against them were epic. Remember that thrashing you gave us in game 5 the year we won? Or that crazy 3OT game where we scored with 30 seconds left in regulation to tie and Sykora followed up on his word. Wait a minute that was game 5 too...and we lost game 5 last year when we won against the sharks. I guess whoever loses game 5 wins the series when Crosby is in the finals.

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
Let's go Pens. Do it in six or less.

Crosby for Conn Smythe if he keeps up the same level of play he's shown lately. He's making this team go again.

Not to be picky because I think this series is a toss up, but I would LOVE to finally win one at home.

Top Bottom