• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

new bundlestars soon

BundleStars ‏@BundleStars 6m

We reckon our bundle page would look better if we added one more to fill that space - what do you think? pic.twitter.com/lGTIXDsKuL

I like how bundlestars meets me every time with this
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!
as if I would try to access it from outer space.
on second thought, maybe I do.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
New release Bloodbath, whatever it is, looks kinda cool

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Since I would feel bad if I didn't give away Inescapable, here are some games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rage Runner -- MB-828E3ADD13CC95DA - Taken by Rhaknar. 9 entrants total.
Inescapable -- MB-C64A667ED665216B - Taken by dot. 4 entrants total.
HOARD Complete Pack -- MB-BC32FC963EEA772F - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Overcast Walden and the Wolf -- MB-409D17896C905969 - Taken by angular graphics. 2 entrants total.

t1402936776z1.png

At the same time, I think a proper PR structure would destroy a lot of what makes Valve unique.

Suddenly all of their community interactions, promotions, and public decisions would be spearheaded by PR. They would be just like every other company, with their "games you'll actually play" promotions, "we'll tell you if we ever announce Half-Life 3" announcements, and a distinct lack of both crowbars and Gabe Newell in Kickstarter videos.

No one said they should go full on with PR. The fact is Valve aren't good with communicating with their customers. Not even close. They think that working behind the scenes instead of saying anything whenever an issue comes up is the way to go. It isn't. It riles their fans up and gives wrong impressions.

Dascu

I think I saw this mentioned in the thread, but is it true that I can expect TF2 keys to drop in price during the sale? Would it be advisable then to stock up on a bunch, for future trading on TF2outpost?

the who wants to be a millionaire pack is weird. It doesnt have the videogame DLC, but its on gamersgate also 80% off

it also doesnt have a few that are on Steam, but those arent even on gamersgate (Junior, Millenium, Science Fiction DLCs)

But it DOES have the Star Trek and the South Park DLCs, which are more expensive than the rest, and are NOT on steam (anymore? I know the star trek one was during the xmas sale, its not anymore)

yes I bought it and it does have the SP dlc. its all seperate keys too. just waiting for GGs stupid "your keys will be available in 10 minutes" bullshit. WTF is that about?

Awesome, cheers for the heads up. Just bought this with my bluecoins.

Tizoc

Yeah people, if you're going to announce new bundles, list contents,
That's the whole point =p
  • Rage Runner
  • Cognition Episode 2
  • Overcast
  • Hoard
  • Inescapable
  • Toki Tori
  • Crazy Belts (GL)

Thanks, I take it it is going for under $2 atm, so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll get it for Toki Tori so my niece could play it on my PC if the PS3's being used for something else :p

Arthea

I was so tempted to pick Farm for your Life, right now

It’s a strange Time Management Game. The light-hearted style of a casual game collides with elements, which are usually only seen in horror genres. Discover the contrast, which takes both genres for a wild ride.

then they had to add zombies... (._.)

I'll wait for those Harvest Moon/Rune Factory indies to be released instead.

Turfster

Thanks, I take it it is going for under $2 atm, so maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe I'll get it for Toki Tori so my niece could play it on my PC if the PS3's being used for something else :p

Yeah, 1.49$

Store page isn't loading for me. Steam Sale starting today?

It's just you.
Also, is it me or are they changing the look of the page slightly?
Edit: Huh, now it's back to classic look.
You can't fool me, Valve, I saw the sleeker, new look!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hahaha. You should see resident evil 4's listing. No caps lol.

The worst thing about that is the name was changed. Like, somebody actually had a conscious thought along the lines of, "You know what this needs? No capital letters."

Pardon me, sir, but I'm just not interested unless you can tell me where to find the Steam Summer Sale:
http://a.pomf.se/sffuhb.webm

Yeah people, if you're going to announce new bundles, list contents,
That's the whole point =p
  • Rage Runner
  • Cognition Episode 2
  • Overcast
  • Hoard
  • Inescapable
  • Toki Tori
  • Crazy Belts (GL)

Bought solely for Cognition Ep. 2 so my OCD will stop screaming. ^_^
I'm sure I own at least Toki Tori and Hoard, so they'll be given away later.

Jawmuncher

Not being able to acess the bundle sites has helped me ignore stuff I won't even play. Last ones I got were the loco cycle indie gala and RPG Maker.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
No one said they should go full on with PR. The fact is Valve aren't good with communicating with their customers. Not even close. They think that working behind the scenes instead of saying anything whenever an issue comes up is the way to go. It isn't. It riles their fans up and gives wrong impressions.

I firmly believe that Enhanced Steam's popularity to-date has been the direct result of community involvement. I gather ideas from the community, I let people know what I'm working on (and why), and I like to think that I'm pretty responsive when people have questions or issues about the software.

Valve needs someone like that, that has the inside information on what's going on, to be able to communicate and disseminate that information to their customers. So when something like Heartbleed happens, that person can stand up and say "Hey guys, we're working on rolling out a fix for that as soon as possible." Or when Steam goes down they can make an announcement like "Just a heads up, we had a router crash in one of our upstream providers, and it should be back online in a couple of minutes."

Instead we get silence and have to assume the worse. With Heartbleed, DAYS went by where people were still asking "Is it safe to log into Steam yet?". If I recall correctly, Steam's servers were all updated within 8 or so hours of exploit being publicized. Having an announcement made in an official capacity after it was fixed would have ultimately resulted in an increase in customer trust, rather than the opposite.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Valve refuse to hire anyone who isn't insanely overqualified for menial tasks like customer service and PR. I don't understand it either

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you can just hand it to me, as everybody else has it already...
just a suggestion (><)

it was part of my giveaway on saturday

edit: thanks for Rage Runner BinaryPork

I firmly believe that Enhanced Steam's popularity to-date has been the direct result of community involvement. I gather ideas from the community, I let people know what I'm working on (and why), and I like to think that I'm pretty responsive when people have questions or issues about the software.

Valve needs someone like that, that has the inside information on what's going on, to be able to communicate and disseminate that information to their customers. So when something like Heartbleed happens, that person can stand up and say "Hey guys, we're working on rolling out a fix for that as soon as possible." Or when Steam goes down they can make an announcement like "Just a heads up, we had a router crash in one of our upstream providers, and it should be back online in a couple of minutes."

Instead we get silence and have to assume the worse. With Heartbleed, DAYS went by where people were still asking "Is it safe to log into Steam yet?". If I recall correctly, Steam's servers were all updated within 8 or so hours of exploit being publicized. Having an announcement made in an official capacity after it was fixed would have ultimately resulted in an increase in customer trust, rather than the opposite.

A couple of devs also renamed their games to "Valve please change the password already!"

so yeah.

Rhaknar

2646622-love.png

Dean-Winchester-Sheds-A-Tear-On-Supernatural.gif

guess Im not waiting for it to hit 75%, thanks dude <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom