• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney registers DisneyConsole.com domain name through brand protection agency

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Betting it would be something like an android based console. Maybe they got the guys behind ouya.

Disney will be the company to buy the Xbox if MS decide to sell. They have the licences to make it a success.

Exactly. Some people are so focused on tech giants like Samsung or Apple to procure the Xbox brand, but why not Disney? It would synergize well with Disney's ownership of ESPN, and it would present a exclusive content platform for Star Wars, Marvel, Hulu, Disney ABC TV Group, Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, and other assets of the Walt Disney Company.

It would be very believable if Disney didn't decide to shut down their core video game development studios. But who knows? They could easily change their minds if they wanted too...Disney certainly has more than enough capital to afford something like Xbox (>$3.39 billion in cash, >$13.03 billion in current assets).

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Are we sure this isn't Disney setting up a site where they'll console people after the release of the next disastrous Star Wars movie?

The megaton that absolutely nobody saw coming.

No one? ;)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=88980079&postcount=106

The ideal scenario would be a sale to Samsung or Panasonic, the latter has harboured gaming ambitions for a long time, I'm not sure whether Samsung are really that interested in gaming though. Another off the wall idea would be a sale to Disney or Time Warner as it would give them another angle with which to compete with Sony in the content and media markets.

Exactly. Some people are so focused on tech giants like Samsung or Apple to procure the Xbox brand, but why not Disney? It would synergize well with Disney's ownership of ESPN, and it would present a exclusive content platform for Star Wars, Marvel, Hulu, Disney ABC TV Group, Walt Disney Studios, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation, and other assets of the Walt Disney Company.

It would be very believable if Disney didn't decide to shut down their core video game development studios. But who knows? They could easily change their minds if they wanted too...Disney certainly has more than enough capital to afford something like Xbox (>$3.39 billion in cash, >$13.03 billion in current assets).

I don't think Disney closing down their own studios makes any difference. I actually think it would make any purchase of the Xbox division easier as they would be buying a complete package and not have to integrate it with pre-existing structures.

bjork

Disney console. Forget PS Home, this comes with Toontown built in! Toontown will rise from its grave!

Xun

UAkDVNK.png

Top Bottom