• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killing Floor 2 |OT| You've got red on you.

So just out of curiosity, how big is the PS4 community on here? Been playing alone and with randoms for a while now because no one else I know owns the game on console. Is there much of a console scene at all (only ever played 1 on pc, so I always had the steam community to fall back on for that one).

It seems like most of the active players on GAF are PC. I'm on PS4 and have been playing quite a bit. I love it, it scratches a "Left 4 Dead" itch I've had for a few years now.

It's normally no trouble for me to find a match at any time on the US East Server. On the rare chance I don't get a good match there I'll switch to US Central or West as a backup. Shoot me your PSN handle if you want, I should be on for a few hours after work today and a bit over the weekend. I typically play Suicidal but am fine with anything other than Normal (too easy).

Got the platinum last night. Never thought I'd see a win on Hell on Earth but had a good team and won on the Prison by defending the watch tower. If you have a good healer and a berserker or two guarding the entrance through the fence leading up the stairs it isn't too bad during the waves. Once the boss comes you'll eventually have to scramble but as long as you stick around the stairs it's possible. First time we got killed by Hans and the second time we just barely beat the Patriarch with just the medic, berserker, and me (a gunslinger) still standing. I went through all the ammo in my dual .500s, dual Desert Eagles, and had only a little left in my dual spitfires. Was intense.

Is there a special secret cheat code to enter so that you can play the weekly with other people on PS4? Or is it paid DLC?

hey said on twitter weekly matchmaking on PS4 isn't working right now. A fix is being worked on, and all weekly events will be rotated back in again so you wont miss any of the cosmetic item drops

[TW]Stone;243362664 said:
Thanks for the feedback. I've passed this along internally but we're looking for more clarity, if you could. Are you looking to press SHIFT once, let go and it's set to sprint instead of always holding down SHIFT?

thanks!

New weekly is fun, where the enemies get bigger and stronger every time they hit you or if they are beefed up by an alpha. Nothing like running from a giant Gorefiend as he's trying to spin-slice you to death.

However I did win a match and I didn't get the reward armor :( I'm on PS4.

I noticed that the text for the weekly challenge on the main menu (which you view by hitting square) disappears after playing a few matches, and was gone when I entered the match I ultimately won. I wonder if those are related.

I'll try again tonight and see if it works, but if not does anyone know if Tripwire can award things after the fact to people who earned them but didn't receive them? Was hoping they have a log of match wins that they can use to verify I finished it and can get me the armor I earned if I submit a complaint or something. That armor is sexy lol.

CheeseNubs

Neo Member
can anyone give me tips for playing the berserker class? i used to have so much fun playing this class in kf1 but struggle in kf2. I do fine on normal difficulty and okay on hard but on suicidal I die a lot. I've tried using the katana, the shield/mace, sledgehammer, and zweihander and I just can't seem to get the hang of parrying. Which zeds do I deal with? Can the berserker still deal with scrakes like in kf1?

Aselith

So just out of curiosity, how big is the PS4 community on here? Been playing alone and with randoms for a while now because no one else I know owns the game on console. Is there much of a console scene at all (only ever played 1 on pc, so I always had the steam community to fall back on for that one).

When I tried it for PS4, with plus, it was trash garbage and you couldn't find a match so not big I don't think.

[TW]Stone

Tripwire Producer
New weekly is fun, where the enemies get bigger and stronger every time they hit you or if they are beefed up by an alpha. Nothing like running from a giant Gorefiend as he's trying to spin-slice you to death.

However I did win a match and I didn't get the reward armor :( I'm on PS4.

I noticed that the text for the weekly challenge on the main menu (which you view by hitting square) disappears after playing a few matches, and was gone when I entered the match I ultimately won. I wonder if those are related.

I'll try again tonight and see if it works, but if not does anyone know if Tripwire can award things after the fact to people who earned them but didn't receive them? Was hoping they have a log of match wins that they can use to verify I finished it and can get me the armor I earned if I submit a complaint or something. That armor is sexy lol.
Send in a support ticket with details

http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/KB

can anyone give me tips for playing the berserker class? i used to have so much fun playing this class in kf1 but struggle in kf2. I do fine on normal difficulty and okay on hard but on suicidal I die a lot. I've tried using the katana, the shield/mace, sledgehammer, and zweihander and I just can't seem to get the hang of parrying. Which zeds do I deal with? Can the berserker still deal with scrakes like in kf1?

I really like using berserker after initially hating the class. For me it's all about speed and getting to the Eviscerator as soon as possible. In 7 round games I'll go Crovel>Katana>Zweihander>Eviscerator. In 4 round games you can usually skip the Katana.

The Skirmisher perk is awesome. It makes you regenerate health and increases your speed. After that I went Butcher, Resistance, Smash. I don't parry at all, I just focus on movement. The forward heavy attack is your strongest and I typically use heavy most of the time, only peppering in light attacks on Clots and other weak enemies.

Once you get the Eviscerator you are unstoppable. Plow through weak enemies with the melee saw and shoot anything stronger than a gorefeind with the shooting saw. Headshots work great on Bloats. Just make sure to keep en eye out for ammo boxes to replenish your gas. Keep an eye on your health and remove yourself from the fray if it's getting low, and wait for regen + your syringe to get you back into the mix. With Skirmisher you can outrun pretty much anything, though you may have to shimmy-shake Fleshpounds.

The Zweihander or Eviscerator can handle Scrakes/Pounds. Aim for the head, obviously. The Eviscerator's shooting saw also takes a notable chunk out of boss health even on Suicidal.

CheeseNubs

Neo Member
I really like using berserker after initially hating the class. For me it's all about speed and getting to the Eviscerator as soon as possible. In 7 round games I'll go Crovel>Katana>Zweihander>Eviscerator. In 4 round games you can usually skip the Katana.

The Skirmisher perk is awesome. It makes you regenerate health and increases your speed. After that I went Butcher, Resistance, Smash. I don't parry at all, I just focus on movement. The forward heavy attack is your strongest and I typically use heavy most of the time, only peppering in light attacks on Clots and other weak enemies.

Once you get the Eviscerator you are unstoppable. Plow through weak enemies with the melee saw and shoot anything stronger than a gorefeind with the shooting saw. Headshots work great on Bloats. Just make sure to keep en eye out for ammo boxes to replenish your gas. Keep an eye on your health and remove yourself from the fray if it's getting low, and wait for regen + your syringe to get you back into the mix. With Skirmisher you can outrun pretty much anything, though you may have to shimmy-shake Fleshpounds.

The Zweihander or Eviscerator can handle Scrakes/Pounds. Aim for the head, obviously. The Eviscerator's shooting saw also takes a notable chunk out of boss health even on Suicidal.

thanks for the tips. i was actually already using the same perks as you lol. But I'll definitely try out the Eviscerator. I remember using it during beta and not liking it so I just never went back to it.

Doomsayer

This thread needs more posts and more people need to play this game. It's so much fun, especially on Suicidal/Hell on Earth.

The weekly event is awesome. Poundemonium. So many fleshpounders running around causing chaos.

This thread needs more posts and more people need to play this game. It's so much fun, especially on Suicidal/Hell on Earth.

The weekly event is awesome. Poundemonium. So many fleshpounders running around causing chaos.

I agree, though you must be a beast (or a masochist) for Hell on Earth to be fun for you heh. I did it a few times for the trophy and got lucky the one time we won. It's downright brutal unless the group is cheesing it in a corner or at the guard tower. Suicidal is a good challenge and fun, right in the sweet spot in terms of difficulty.

Glad to hear they brought Poundemonium back, I missed out the first time (on PS4) because weekly matchmaking wasn't working.

Doomsayer

I agree, though you must be a beast (or a masochist) for Hell on Earth to be fun for you heh. I did it a few times for the trophy and got lucky the one time we won. It's downright brutal unless the group is cheesing it in a corner or at the guard tower. Suicidal is a good challenge and fun, right in the sweet spot in terms of difficulty.

Glad to hear they brought Poundemonium back, I missed out the first time (on PS4) because weekly matchmaking wasn't working.

Hell on Earth is definitely only fun for 1 match a night, maybe 2. Myself and 4 friends play and we always try it once. We have; support, medic, demo, beserker, and SWAT. We've won exactly twice, haha.

Greetings. For this week weekly, I noticed that in every server we play we get either immortal final scrakes or fleshpounds or if those don't happen we get an immortal boss that can't be even damaged. All players in all servers getting stuck in that and no one could get the weekly reward. In instances where we got final immortal scrake in wave 4 or 5, we spent 30 minutes hitting him but he didn't die. I am playing on PS4 btw. Don't tell me you need to be better or play with few players and absurd stuff like that because even on PC and XBox people are getting this too. This weekly is hard and not even suicidal. It is OBVIOUSLY a bug glitch that the devs didn't care to solve. I really hope they will solve it befroe this weekly ends.
Where can we report a bug in the game?

Greetings. For this week weekly, I noticed that in every server we play we get either immortal final scrakes or fleshpounds or if those don't happen we get an immortal boss that can't be even damaged. All players in all servers getting stuck in that and no one could get the weekly reward. In instances where we got final immortal scrake in wave 4 or 5, we spent 30 minutes hitting him but he didn't die. I am playing on PS4 btw. Don't tell me you need to be better or play with few players and absurd stuff like that because even on PC and XBox people are getting this too. This weekly is hard and not even suicidal. It is OBVIOUSLY a bug glitch that the devs didn't care to solve. I really hope they will solve it befroe this weekly ends.
Where can we report a bug in the game?

Yikes, that blows.

http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/KB - given by [TW]Stone above.

Yikes, that blows.

http://support.tripwireinteractive.com/KB - given by [TW]Stone above.

Thanks for the link.
I can confirm this 100% ultra super bugged. We got a normal Volter that gets HP depleting normally (but we didn't defeat him sicne he got almost immortal when his HP reached red). Then after that we always got immortal Volter and Patriarach that don't get their HP decreasing at all. Same for big zeds. Normally a normal Scrake and Fleshpound get inflated when hit till the fly and explode. But immortal scrakes and fleshpounds never get inflated regardless of how much you hit them.

Edit: It seems there is no way to call support in that page. Only written solutions for known issues.

Yeah I was curious after you said that and jumped on for a few games. I tried the weekly 4 times in a row and had this problem in all 4.

On the first one we were looking good, got the Patriarch about halfway down, then all of the sudden he starting constantly regenerating HP out of nowhere. The next three were all ended before the boss by immortal scrakes and fleshpounds that wouldn't inflate. One game hilariously had like 4 or 5 invincible heavies running around enraged at the end.

Boo, I wanted that silly backpack.

Yeah I was curious after you said that and jumped on for a few games. I tried the weekly 4 times in a row and had this problem in all 4.

On the first one we were looking good, got the Patriarch about halfway down, then all of the sudden he starting constantly regenerating HP out of nowhere. The next three were all ended before the boss by immortal scrakes and fleshpounds that wouldn't inflate. One game hilariously had like 4 or 5 invincible heavies running around enraged at the end.

Boo, I wanted that silly backpack.

I made a thread about it in Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/killingfloor/comments/6zwtsy/immortal_scrakes_fleshpounds_and_bosses_in/

This is really insane.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Did they change the difficulty? For some reason Hard seems harder. Maybe we're just rusty.

Halloween Event is live now, btw.
New map, weapons, boss, enemies, etc.

Cool. I'll have to jump on and check out the new level. Kind of sounds like The Descent where you're dropped into a random section each wave. I love that level, minus the glitch where enemies can spawn off out of sight and never enter the playable area.

The new weapons (a blood drainer for the Medic and a lock-on rocket launcher for Demo) don't do much for me and the "new" enemies are just the Quarter Pound and King Fleshpounds from Poundemonium, but it's cool to shake things up by adding them to the normal survival rotation.

Dosh Vault sounds interesting. I wonder how often under normal play you'll unlock stuff through it.

It would be cool if they converted unused Summer Sideshow tickets to Halloween tickets. I was left with 4 seemingly useless tickets at the end of the Sideshow.

Typhares

Anyone left here playing some KF2 on PC?

Cool. I'll have to jump on and check out the new level. Kind of sounds like The Descent where you're dropped into a random section each wave. I love that level, minus the glitch where enemies can spawn off out of sight and never enter the playable area.

The new weapons (a blood drainer for the Medic and a lock-on rocket launcher for Demo) don't do much for me and the "new" enemies are just the Quarter Pound and King Fleshpounds from Poundemonium, but it's cool to shake things up by adding them to the normal survival rotation.

Dosh Vault sounds interesting. I wonder how often under normal play you'll unlock stuff through it.

It would be cool if they converted unused Summer Sideshow tickets to Halloween tickets. I was left with 4 seemingly useless tickets at the end of the Sideshow.

I like the new map, a bit small at times and there are only 4 different rooms. The first one, last one and boss are always the same so if you're playing a 7 or 10 waves game you will see some repeat.

Dosh vault is a great addition to the game, I like the dailies making me use some stuff I never would otherwise. Playing every day doing everything you can gets you 1 crate every week with the weekly objective and then 1 crate every 10 daily objective (so every 3.333 days).

You can also put your sideshow ticket on the steam market to sell them or you can buy one yourself to get a new item.

Top Bottom