• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs - Welcome to Chicago Trailer

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
The weather is fine here in the summer. I have a serious farmer's tan every fall as a result of riding in all that sun. It hits 100F at some point every summer.

(Looks out the window)

Sadly, we're not there, yet.

Yep, that's why I said it's only any good in the summer, which is 1/4th of the year.

That's horseshit

Go back and play GTA V right now dawg. Observe a fantastic art direction and density to the world forged and enabled by years of being the leader in the field and the biggest budget in gaming by far, which not every dev has at their disposal, clearly. And despite that, watch as textures appear to be at a low quality at a distance, how "' " 'flat' " '" the lighting on buildings is at night. Take note of the resolution, the aliasing, the fact that anything that relatively taxes the game shoots it noticeably south of 30fps. Rose tinted memories dawg

I still playing GTAV on 360 and oh god, the game is incredible in detail and fuck me, I love everything from R*, but in 5 months GTAV aged 5 years. This look much much better.

Daffy Duck

Gameplay wise it looks good, hope I can get on rooftops like at the end if the video to survey the terrain.

Looks a nice sandbox to play in, glad they mentioned weather too and showed stuff blowing around.

Vizzeh

Banned
The lighting looks last-Gen/Baked, LOD looks low in places/character models. It just seems like its missing something. Hopefully this is the last Cross-Gen game from Ubi as it could be a decent game.

The cars seem good and the game-play diversity potentially decent.

This game running graphically like Infamous, would be fantastic.....

cackhyena

And what? It's pretty lazy marketing and funny that a "next gen" game looks visually boring compared to GTAV.
Lazy marketing. It's smart to show it off this way. It's nice that you think GTA has a lock on this style of presentation, but it doesn't.

Come on now. Are you really playing that card for a Ubisoft game?

Isn't it telling that all it takes for a Ubi game to go from instant buy to 'let's actively fuck these guys' is a visual downgrade? AC games have had jank gameplay for ages but check dat unity hype omg those cluttered streets that gloomy well realized atmosphere. can't wait to explore france. awkwardly with a one button run that sends me in every which way I don't want to go, so I can sample missions that are just bad

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
It bothers me that some parts of Chicago doesn't look like Chicago. There are no mountains and there are no windmills in the city. There's only one windmill but it's way out west close to the airport and that's usually hidden.

It's irking me

The devs admitted around the first reveal that it was going to be a Chicago "inspired" by the real city.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
The game always looks underwhelming during daytime shots, very similar to Ground Zeroes in that regard. Just looks really flat.

AdanVC

I'll be honest, this looks like if I was watching a GTA V trailer.
Even the graphics looks like it...

But still, let's just hope that with the hacking mechanic it would be fun and different of course from any other sandbox game.

Tabasco

It may come off as a disappointment, by the looks of it.

If the gameplay is there though, it might not matter.

ibnJ8cKDUWt5se.png

Yes, the weather around here isn't great lol, its always cloudy and windy as shit. The only time I enjoyed riding the train into the city and seeing everything was in June right before it got scorching outside. Anytime we have gone in the fall its always to cold due to the lake effect or just dark and cold. It's very rare to see the Sun shine that bright for more than an hour into the city due to city structure and buildings.

Is it really that bad? The current forecast for Chicago has plenty of sun, and I've never perceived Chicago as severely lacking in sunshine. This is the first I've ever heard of that.

Jito

Banned
Lazy marketing. It's smart to show it off this way. It's nice that you think GTA has a lock on this style of presentation, but it doesn't.

And it's nice that you think that it's not a lazy rip off, we could do this back and forth all day.

orhnsnmz

Game doesn't look too shabby if this PS4 footage (PC will look even better I believe).

But the trailer definitely portrays the game as more awesome as it will be when you play it, I'll bet my ass on that. No way that it will be that reactive to your playing style.

Graphics aren't the only reason to get a game. I think it looks like genuine fun. Especially all of the possible crazy side missions that can come up with NPCs.

Also I can't wait to invade other player's games. Trying to act like a random NPC and striking when the moment is right. Sign me up!

Phil4000

Does nothing for me after playing Infamous, sorry.

Are you serious? Sure Seattle in Infamous looks impressive aesthetically, but after playing for hours I began to realize just how empty it felt and the brainless citizens sure didn't help...

That being said the fact that this game is cross-gen definitely held it back to a certain extent.

I'm hoping the game world is an interesting and dynamic as that trailer has led onto. Something I always wished more from something like Assassin's Creed. Even now in GTA V, I find it entertaining to just go for a walk or a slow drive somewhere and pay attention to all the little things that go on in the game world.

Hoodbury

Does nothing for me after playing Infamous, sorry.

Lower graphics won't be a problem for me but I'm wondering how traversal will feel after playing Infamous? I'm guessing it will feel pretty sluggish just walking or jogging around. Maybe I'll be done with Infamous early enough where it won't be so recent in my memory by the time this game comes out though.

Mr. F

Banned
I remember them mentioning that the larger reason for the delay was that it 'just wasn't fun,' but nothing shown here is really doing it for me. I feel like they've spent a lot of time repeatedly talking about the mechanics in a very broad sense, which is kind of worrying. Yes, you can hack people. Cool. So what? What does that mean for anything you do, why would you want to do it?

Outside a few particular cases (like the NPCs shown doing things in their private lives) I have reservations with what makes hacking particularly fun or interesting. You can pop up a road barrier a million times (like they've shown) but if that's all there is to it I'm not sure how far that can get you without losing novelty pretty quick.

edit; I'm not writing the game off completely, I'm just not sure what they want me to think of hacking when they're touting it as the huge core mechanic but then show the same 3 shallow uses in every bit of media.

Top Bottom