• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread XX

D i Z

I want Misty and Colleen to

Not sure what you mean by this.... BUT I'll say that we aren't going to see DotD. At least not on Netflix as Disney pulls out to build their own network. This will not go well unless they partner again.

Shit. Just realized that GoT ruined the DotD as promotion for a ton of people.

Shy

Can't even browse memes and shit in piece anymore smh

http://imgur.com/gallery/um1fv

Highest rated post on this place today
mirLgYT.gif

Fuck that made me angry.

Which system? PC?
PS4. It was in the Summer sale, though I think it's ended now.
I came away mixed about AK. I got a bit annoyed about the last few missions.
I really hated the Arkham Knight boss fight in the Cloudburst tank. Not sure how close that is to the end but I didn't like playing it one bit. I think this game has the lowest lows in the series but some of the highest highs. Overall, I quite like it. Batman is a real asshole in this game, though.
That's gonna bug you as it becomes increasingly more necessary over time. Especially for the Riddler stuff and tank missions. Outside of that and the quality of the boss fights, the game is good.

Also the Knight's identity is painfully obvious
Oh yeah, the tank stuff is the worst. I'm doing as much of the militia stuff as I can so there won't be any tanks left roaming the streets. Riddler stuff is alright when it's a puzzle and not some race, because the batmobile handles terribly in those situations.

I really wish there were proper boss fights here. The ones in the previous Rocksteady games weren't very good outside of Mr. Freeze but they're still better than tanks.

Malyse

I hate that Danny is ass in the MCU cause Misty and Danny were cute and Lucy Rand and Dani Cage were the absolute best. Simone would never go for Finn.

I still say LCS2 should have Danny as a supporting character that constantly fucks things up for Luke. Like, he shows up to help Luke and Luke tells him to carry his ass home, but then someone shows up with a problem and Danny just follows Luke to help and inevitably fucks the whole thing up.

Basically I want Danny to be Luke's "annoying kid brother".

Village

Basically I want Danny to be Luke's "annoying kid brother".

Fuck that, that's terrible.
Gimmie this

d9503089ddc87a2d885e530b33d5ef7af554b70006a911036665db3a1ed5143b.jpg

Gimmie cool luke cage and ironfist in his dumb jump suit.I want luke cage to be constantly astounded by the magical fuckery he gets him involved in. Also A dumb Green Jump suit.
Which happens

Why ruin the perception of a character because of a Singular bad outing, that sounds like throwing money in the garbage. If Marvel Could salvage MCU thor, they can fucking salvage danny rand

Malyse

Gimmie this

Gimmie cool luke cage and ironfist in his dumb jump suit.I want luke cage to be constantly astounded by the magical fuckery he gets him involved in. Also A dumb Green Jump suit.
Which happens

Why ruin the perception of a character because of a Singular bad outing, that sounds like throwing money in the garbage. If Marvel Could salvage MCU thor, they can fucking salvage danny rand

At no point was Thor ever tonally wrong. Danny Rand is an entirely different character from the comics; in the comics he's goofy and laid back and legitimately funny. MCU is an anal retentive hardass who acts like he's the only one who matters and refuses to accept that he could be wrong. So play off the stupid idiocy and have Luke give him perspective and some damn chill. I mean he's already insufferable so lean in.

You can't get to PMIF from where we are right now. Luke doesn't even like Danny.

Fuck this chick I havent seen in 13 months me from like 50ft away at Walmart in the parking lot. Straight thirst me while telling me how far her left fell and the aaahole who got her pregnant left (Anyone could see that coming) 1 month after she had the baby and how broke she is and shit. If I was young and dumb I probably would have fell in that and the problems they come with it

D i Z

Gimmie this

Which happens

Except that didn't last long. They had a run together in the new series and it got killed in crossover death real quick, but neither character from the past was what Marvel would wanted to approach. Their evolution's would take time and cost too much. We're never going to see these fools free falling out of a flying car in time to whoop some ass. Danny is never going to go undercover in the Avengers as Daredevil. Luke ain't ever going to be a bad ass that will go get his money.
Heroes for Hire is never going to be a thing. Neither is Daughters of the Dragon.
The "new" Luke and Danny run was good for the characters, but no one bought it.

The kids are favs (because they are cute), but aren't justified by the couplings. Not going along with the couples doesn't mean anything. That's truth.

This and a thousand other reasons are why you're getting it.
it's not just me, though. i see people arguing over stuff in that thread all the time.
You have to remember that the West doesn't really approve of that, Artisan. Whether or not it's acceptable in Westeros/Essos/whatever other part of the Thrones universe is irrelevant to the watcher. We look at it, and our initial reaction is, "UH, what the hell," or something to that effect. Know your audience.
I know the West does not approve of that, but I don't want to be judgmental about it just because it's not what I see as right.

According to wikipedia incest is allowed in Islam as long as it's cousins. That's not something I'm sure I'd condone but I know people in real life who have parents that are cousins. They're decent people, so...who am I to judge?
That show is all kinds of fucked up. I try my damndest not to think of the shit that goes on in 'Westeros' in real life terms at all.

At all.
I'll agree with you there..when I first heard about this show I thought it was just another LOTR. Boy was I wrong.
It's not even acceptable in Westros. It's seen as f'ed up, and the people with values aren't with it. But when royals do it, who can say anything?
It is acceptable in Westeros as long as it's cousins. Ned's parents were cousins

D i Z

it's not just me, though. i see people arguing over stuff in that thread all the time.

I know the West does not approve of that, but I don't want to be judgmental about it just because it's not what I see as right.

According to wikipedia incest is allowed in Islam as long as it's cousins. That's not something I'm sure I'd condone but I know people in real life who have parents that are cousins. They're decent people, so...who am I to judge?

I'll agree with you there..when I first heard about this show I thought it was just another LOTR. Boy was I wrong.

It is acceptable in Westeros as long as it's cousins. Ned's parents were cousins

Get the fuck outta here with this bullshit. You get no points today.

Malyse

Code:
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DHuLOaHVoAAQC5D?format=jpg&name=large[/img]

Holy fuck, Monolith.
I love concept art.

Johndoey

Banned
Word up to all my fine folk our there of the great ol' journey we call life and lovin'.
--
Big Ben Falls Silent and British Politicians Can't Stop Arguing About It

The bell inside London's most famous clocktower, Big Ben, rang one last time at noon on Monday before it fell silent for essential repair works.
The world famous bell was supposed to have gone unrung until 2021 to protect the ears of those carrying out works on the building, but some British politicians have complained that health and safety rules have obscured a symbol of British resilience.

Steve Pound, a member of parliament (MP) for the opposition Labour Party, told one British newspaper: “They kept the bells tolling through the Blitz. The Luftwaffe could not stop it but health and safety has. There has to be a way around." Ex-minister and Conservative MP Shailesh Vara said: “I would have thought some compromise could have been reached to ensure this iconic bell’s presence.”
--
U.S. Cuts Russia Visa Service Amid Diplomatic Drama With Kremlin
The United States said it will limit its visa-issuing operations in Russia going forward, after the Kremlin ordered many U.S. diplomatic staff out of the country by Sept. 1.
Russia called for the removal of hundreds of U.S. personnel after Congress passed a new sanctions bill that President Trump signed, albeit reluctantly. The Kremlin ordered Washington to cut about 60% of its technical and diplomatic staff, some 755 people.

Faustek

You can't get to PMIF from where we are right now. Luke doesn't even like Danny.

Rewatch the
hostage in a chair
scene and look carefully. You get a glimpse of what can be something that I want between the two. Something from PMAIF

--

Beefy, what are they doing now?

Top Bottom