• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syder

_97457627_cf572ffb-75fe-40ba-bb23-e04efc699f46.jpg

It's like Conte hit randomise on formation selector.

DBT85

I like already that we're getting goals from more players than just the striker. Also, putting matches to bed to avoid conceding late for a draw or a loss.
Same. Miki has more assists in each individual game than all of last year, Martials scored 2 and got an assist in like 20 minutes of play and Pogba chipped in too. We need 50-60 ish goals from the rest of the team to get a decent result this season and they've started in the right direction. But it's early.

Having a successful season in any league isn't about winning every game in playing beautiful football for 90 minutes, if it was Arsenal would have won more titles.

Sometimes you'll play like shit and lose or draw. Doing it and getting 3 points is important. It's also important to do it against all teams as if you only win the big games and nothing else you get nowhere at all.

I'm not for a second saying we're going to win the league, I think City have to be clear favourites.

But we're scoring goals, we're keeping clean sheets and we're winning and scoring in games that have fucked us over time and again for 4 years. It's only 2 games in so it could easily go to shit for the next 36.

I don't think it's wrong to feel better about this team and this season than at any point since Fergi left though.

Orgen

As a Valencia supporter living in Madrid I have doubts about paying almost 100€ to see the match live at Santiago Bernabeu next Sunday... Fuck it, I'll buy it tomorrow and I'm pretty sure Madrid won't win the match :D (hahaha)

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Jean-Michaël Seri's €40m release clause expired on the 15th July, Nice can now demand whatever they want from Barça say L'Équipe.

NHale

Jean-Michaël Seri's €40m release clause expired on the 15th July, Nice can now demand whatever they want from Barça say L'Équipe.

Barça tomorrow will announce they will pay the €40M release clause in the following hours.

I want to know how many red cards Ramos has had in his career so far. Must be double digits.

23 just in Real Madrid (18 in LaLiga) according to AS.

sr1.png

longdi

Banned
When manu lift the epl trophy at end of this season, i think one of the post mortem reason, is how quietly and effectively they made of their preseason signings.

casiopao

When it comes to the Champions League, he/she's not entirely wrong.

Semi-finals is the best EPL clubs can get after 2012.

And LOL Arsenal.

Quality is not what EPL is selling. It is the drama where even the top teams is shit which is why some random team can win the league.

It will be damn hard to see some random team winning other league from Serie A, La Liga or bundesliga.

Syder

Quality is not what EPL is selling. It is the drama where even the top teams is shit which is why some random team can win the league.

It will be damn hard to see some random team winning other league from Serie A, La Liga or bundesliga.
Serie A will hopefully overtake La Liga and Bundesliga this year with investments at Milan and Inter, and hopefully Napoli and Roma challenging again.

The "EPL" (Urgh!) is only bad because of all these foreign managers and their foreign players and their foreign philosophies.

We need that BRITISH SPUNK back.

Brexit can't come soon enough.

casiopao

Serie A will hopefully overtake La Liga and Bundesliga this year with investments at Milan and Inter, and hopefully Napoli and Roma challenging again.

As long as FIGC incompetent twat is still up there, i cant see any improvement for the league.

Considering us in Asia still need to stay awake till 1:00AM to even watch a single match, it wont attract any Asia audience even when many SEA fans is die hard Serie A fans.

Also, i dont bet on Roma this year. They are going to drop from top 4 or just stay close to top 4 this season. They are weakening their team by selling their player while there is no clear replacement.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Haven't posted in a week or so, how come it's back in community?

Timbuktu

When it comes to the Champions League, he/she's not entirely wrong.

Semi-finals is the best EPL clubs can get after 2012.

And LOL Arsenal.

What was the big change from the era before that, 2005-09... when EPL teams did quite well in Europe? Was it really the injection of wealth in Man City that really destabilised the top teams?

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
What was the big change from the era before that, 2005-09... when EPL teams did quite well in Europe? Was it really the injection of wealth in Man City that really destabilised the top teams?

Not really IMO, it's less about the British teams becoming worse and more about Real, Barca and Bayern getting really good. Barca assembled one of the best teams of all time and Real spent a lot of money on some really good players. Since 2009, these teams have won 7 of the 9 Champions Leagues.

NHale

Are Everton still interested in Aboubakar? The guy scored a hat-trick this weekend against a bunch of scrubs also known as the Portuguese league.

Time to sell him for €60M.

So that weird Barca deadline has passed. Wonder what kind of fuckery we can expect this week..

After Neymar statements, I'm sensing that the Barça board might not be there for long because I'm sure Neymar wasn't the only one feeling that way about them. If I had to bet there are going to be changes after the deadline goes and they don't get the players they promised where going to be closed within hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom