• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT5| The Man In the High Chair

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"Cucked by a (((Globalist)))" sounds like an unpublished Chuck Tingle title.

51CKoLHYReL.jpg

Stephen Miller came by the restaurant again tonight. With his parents. I'm told he was loudly singing that Justin Bieber Desposito song. No idea why. Just thought I'd share

I refuse to believe he'd sing a song with Spanish in it. Lady Liberty would be insulted.

One of the front of house managers swears its true and that she feels bad now because she was also singling it before she heard him do it lol.

He's always wasted when he gets here so I believe it lol.

Ryuuroden

Another navy ship collision? are these "common" and I just never paid attention before

Legitimate concern may be Russia testing out its cyber-warfare GPS spoofing tech.

EDIT: Let me just put it out there tho that if this is the case, it still in no way removes culpability and blame from the sailors of the ship on watch.

jtb

Banned

Honestly, I don't even think that's fair. I think the only thing that's changed with regards to Charlottesville is the media being unable to hide or obfuscate what everyone has known all along. "Violence on both sides" is practically the New York Times motto for the Trump era (with "#notallwhitesupremacists" being a close second)

It's a bit of a feedback loop with beltway media and congressional Republican reactions, not unlike the Access Hollywood tape

The man has absolutely zero empathy for anyone.

He should have considered that pretending to care about the well-being of any other person would be the most taxing part of the job. Between the resignations, being dragged back into the WH, constant criticism and society types abandoning him, easy to see that he's given up all effort beyond his hate rallies.

A fair point, I think. If the victim were a black woman (or someone who could be seen as non-Christian), then I do think a lot of moderate-types would be less taken aback.

Well I mean it takes a white victim to realize a problem. It's essentially how the North finally had the balls to go against the South in Civil War when they were wringing their hands around ruining businesses despite the slavery.

Pixieking

Banned
Expecting Trump to tweet tonight about how there were no solar eclipses during Obama's presidency.

"I bring the best portents of doom. The! Best! No-one better! And we both know that both sides of the moon are great, but only one has blotted out the sun ready for my doom-machine!"

Blader

His base gonna be mad.

Is his base actually opposed to overseas interventions, but or is it only when those interventions are proposed by literally anyone else? Did his base not cheering the Syrian air strikes a few months ago?

The only thing i could see making a difference in Afghanistan right now (that doesn't involve something unrealistic like war crimes) would be to do whatever it takes to get the Taliban into a negotiated settlement where they agree to assist in keeping ISIS out of the country but otherwise get to govern the provinces they control under their law.

When you put it like that, it really highlights how fucking pointless this war has been.

Wilsongt

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
·
24m
Jerry Falwell of Liberty University was fantastic on @foxandfriends. The Fake News should listen to what he had to say. Thanks Jerry!

Aroliso
Aroliso @Aroliso
·
23m
Mr. President, Thank you for giving up your billionaire lifestyle to save America! #MAGA!

Aroliso
Aroliso @Aroliso
Every single day the #FakeNews media try to take you down.. You never falter, you always stand strong!
9:27 AM · Aug 21, 2017

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump
Thank you, the very dishonest Fake News Media is out of control!
Aroliso @Aroliso
Replying to @Aroliso
Every single day the #FakeNews media try to take you down.. You never falter, you always stand strong!
9:32 AM · Aug 21, 2017

The account has only existed for 3 days.

The liberal blog Blue Virginia (mind the bias) did race ratings for the Virginia House of Delegates elections this Fall.

http://bluevirginia.us/2017/08/virginia-house-of-delegates-race-ratings

In short, don't expect the Democrats to flip the chamber. If they won the 5 GOP-held seats they're favored in, the 5 GOP-held Tossups, and the 5 GOP-held Lean R seats, they'd still be two short of the 17 needed for an absolute majority. One more would tie the chamber, but in that case you'd either have a power-sharing agreement or a barely functional House with no Speaker as there is no tiebreaker.

The most optimistic outlook I've heard from the Democrats is a gain of 6-10 seats, and this would fit in neatly with that. Still, we can't afford not to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom