• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

golem

Another interesting tweet

Phil Spencer ‏@XboxP3 11m
@Holtdagawdess For KSR, after TF, before summer. TP = working on ideas. PP, incubating a new idea and thinking about Max more.

Wigdogger

Translation:

Kinect Sports Rivals will be coming after TitanFall, but before summer.

Twisted Pixel = working on new ideas (probably with a game in development)

Press Play = has another game in development, but may release some extra levels or some such for Max

U2NUMB

Thanks for the heads up on Crimson Dragon.. was waiting for a bit of a sale. Hope to see sales every week!

And more games of course :)

I'd love a sequel to Max. Just work on making the platforming more precise and make the puzzles a lot more challenging.

I wouldn't be against them carrying on from the end of the game where
it shows Max still has the marker and it works in the real world too. Could make for some interesting scenarios.

bidguy

Banned
a bit offtopic but i just made a dummy account and loaded 60$ (gift card) onto it to buy tomb raider

its loading right now but do i have to worry about a ban or something ? its too tempting since its about 20€ cheaper to buy it that way

a bit offtopic but i just made a dummy account and loaded 60$ (gift card) onto it to buy tomb raider

its loading right now but do i have to worry about a ban or something ? its too tempting since its about 20€ cheaper to buy it that way

Nope. Seems MS don't really care if you access and purchase content from a different regions store.

m23

What happened to details regarding the Titanfall beta? I thought Zampella said details will be coming in the next few days, and that was Monday or Tuesday.

Devolver Digital said on twitter they got dev kits today. Look at their games (published), includes Shadow Warrior (which was announced for "next-gen") but also the likes of Luftrausers (Vlambeer developed) and Hotline Miami.

NinjaBee (in the OP ID@Xbox list) have been talking 2014, they said to me on twitter nothing for specific for Xbox One at the moment but hopefully they're just not making plans public yet.

Also the ID@Xbox team are at Other Ocean today - they're on the list in the OP but i'd expect to see them around launch of the program. February is tomorrow, might start pestering their twitter for a date of the announcements... haha

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Hopefully Hotline Miami 2 gets released for Xbone. Certainly at least after a period of PS3/4/Vita exclusivity.

Devolver Digital said on twitter they got dev kits today. Look at their games (published), includes Shadow Warrior (which was announced for "next-gen") but also the likes of Luftrausers (Vlambeer developed) and Hotline Miami.

NinjaBee (in the OP ID@Xbox list) have been talking 2014, they said to me on twitter nothing for specific for Xbox One at the moment but hopefully they're just not making plans public yet.

Also the ID@Xbox team are at Other Ocean today - they're on the list in the OP but i'd expect to see them around launch of the program. February is tomorrow, might start pestering their twitter for a date of the announcements... haha

Thanks bud, appreciate you putting in time to compile some info. Really excited for later this month for them to announce some of the ID@XBOX titles.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
So, I had enough random points siting around for LoLcyce...

HAHA. Just fu, stupid, goofy stuff. It's so campy, I don't see how anyone can take it seriously enough to just dislike it.

It might be a HORRIBLE way to spend your time if you have any other games you're wishing to get back to... but having played just about everything from the launch that I care to, this has just been goofy fun for the sake of fun.

$20 was still a horrible staring price, however. Even if some of the live action presentation feels "premium" in the fact it... even exist.

Oh, and for any wondering, the 13 GIG file was playable at something like... 26% downloaded. It very nicely tells you what it has left to install after this, and ask if you want to wait of just jump in.

Easily enjoying it more than the gameplay from Comic Jumper's demo.

Amneisac

I can't believe they don't require demos for these 'arcade' games anymore. That was a huge plus to the XBLA service as far as I'm concerned. I want to buy some cheap games to play on my new X1, but I don't like the idea of dropping $15-20 sight unseen on some of this stuff.

I'd like to at least try out a game a little bit before buying it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Lococycle continues to be dumb fun. I actually like seeing a game with such a stupid sense of humor, that isn't trying hard to be outright offensive or overly juvenile. There's new QTE's popping up all the time, the upgrades purchased for weapons and attacks each generally have some new animation, effect, or detail to help sell the upgrade, and IRIS is just as good a character as any 'SPLODEs from the past.

With all the upgrades, I haven't been annoyed by any of the fights yet. I racked up a death in 1 boss battle so far (at the end of 2-3), but this is definitely a score game, so the fact that death = F for the stage stung. I'll be happy to go back and ace it later on!

I haven't gotten any points to unlock bonus content in the Vault yet. It's cool to see they have stuff not only dealing with Lococycle, but also their past games, too! It really is like some odd Twisted Pixel DVD collector item or something, ha.

I can't believe they don't require demos for these 'arcade' games anymore. That was a huge plus to the XBLA service as far as I'm concerned. I want to buy some cheap games to play on my new X1, but I don't like the idea of dropping $15-20 sight unseen on some of this stuff.

I'd like to at least try out a game a little bit before buying it.

Watch the in-store user-uploaded videos, they help!

It's a shame what happened to demos, and I do prefer them. But I think the amount of "This is a bad demo!" "I was going to buy it, now I won't!" and such from last gen made the expense of making the things even less worth it for many publishers, who already seemed to hate the idea in the first place, as they rarely seem to act like the money spent to dev a demo is actually worth the return.

I think there's a good place for some publishers to offer demos as a default expectation towards their games. Just saying "we'll always have a demo!" would put some positive press towards a company, after this shift.

I'd prefer paid demos (such as a .99 cent trial) to no demos, personally, especially if the cost diminished the full price with each play. It'd be a decent compromise, and much better than just eradicating all demos.

Maybe it's good for "ID@Xbox" stuff, though. If they offer demos commonly, that'll help give them a bit of a leg up over games that have large marketing teams and promo budgets behind them. Guess we'll have to see how things start to form once there's more announcements.

Strider is coming 19/2 (new threads on front page) will update OP!

Hopefully this is the first of quite a few games to come out on XBL including ID@Xbox stuff next month

Amneisac

Watch the in-store user-uploaded videos, they help!

It's a shame what happened to demos, and I do prefer them. But I think the amount of "This is a bad demo!" "I was going to buy it, now I won't!" and such from last gen made the expense of making the things even less worth it for many publishers, who already seemed to hate the idea in the first place, as they rarely seem to act like the money spent to dev a demo is actually worth the return.

I think there's a good place for some publishers to offer demos as a default expectation towards their games. Just saying "we'll always have a demo!" would put some positive press towards a company, after this shift.

I'd prefer paid demos (such as a .99 cent trial) to no demos, personally, especially if the cost diminished the full price with each play. It'd be a decent compromise, and much better than just eradicating all demos.

Maybe it's good for "ID@Xbox" stuff, though. If they offer demos commonly, that'll help give them a bit of a leg up over games that have large marketing teams and promo budgets behind them. Guess we'll have to see how things start to form once there's more announcements.

I can see how requiring a demo could negatively affect sales if it's a bad demo, I see how that could be a problem, but I agree with you that there should be a better way to set up the demos or something. I'd like to see some kind of limited trial or something like that. I really don't want to spend $20 on an 'arcade' game like Powerstar Golf without being able to try it out. The user videos do help, and I think that's a cool feature, but I would still like to have the ability to try the game out before I make a decision.

Not sure if you want to list them, but the following have passed their Kickstarters and include Xbox One versions that were reached:

Lobodestroyo
Churbles
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (Digital only on X1 as of right now according to their post)
Nuclear Throne

Added them all, thought Nuclear Throne was already on there but clearly not. Added Child of Light to upcoming, need to sort out the wording as its a bit fuzzy on the logo but i'll do it later.

I'll have to download Nutjitsu on Windows 8 to see if it is a game I will enjoy...I think it is free there, so it will be like a demo :p. Curious if it will be free on X1 also...

edit: Seems Nutjitsu will be exclusive to Xbox One...at least for the time being, since NinjaBee's blog post mentions they were close to announcing a new platform (notice the singular mention, not plural) very soon.
"At about the same time A World of Keflings becomes available on the Wii U, our fast-paced acorn chaser, Nutjitsu, will be released on a new platform. To give you a hint, it will be our first time releasing on the target device. We are so close to being able to tell you which one. We will announce it to everyone as soon as the ink dries on those contracts."

Nutjitsu seems to be an ok fun game from the videos, will check the W8 version later.

Question: those ID@Xbox games (self-published indies) will be full games on Xbox One (like XBLA with no restriction on leaderboard, achievements, etc) or they will be more like the indie channel on the 360?

m23

Nutjitsu seems to be an ok fun game from the videos, will check the W8 version later.

Question: those ID@Xbox games (self-published indies) will be full games on Xbox One (like XBLA with no restriction on leaderboard, achievements, etc) or they will be more like the indie channel on the 360?

Every game will be considered a "full" game. No restrictions on features.

Lima

Full games with 1000 gamerscore and everything.

They have access to everything the system offers:
"Games that come through ID@Xbox have access to the full power of the platform, including: Kinect, Achievements, Gamerscore, Challenges, SmartGlass, Xbox Live, and more. Bottom line: If a game can do it on Xbox One, an ID@Xbox game can do it on Xbox One."

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/developers/id

Top Bottom