• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Store 09/10/09 – FIFA 10 Demo (EU)

SnowTeeth

Banned
LittleBigPlanet is outstanding. I'm blown away as I didn't think i'd like it at all. The whole game should be downloadable.

StuBurns

Banned
SnowTeeth said:
LittleBigPlanet is outstanding. I'm blown away as I didn't think i'd like it at all. The whole game should be downloadable.
LBP was really hyped and I didn't get it at all till I actually played it at a trade show a few months before it came out, I loved it instantly.

aaaaaa

What's the better version of Blood Omen, the PS1 version or the PC version? I think I remember the PS version had longer load times?

SnowTeeth said:

I feel like I mention this in every discussion LBP being downloadable. The game would be way too big, I thought it definitely took up all space on the dual layered blu-ray, Near 40GB is way too much too download, lol.

Though the game should definitely be purchased

graywolf323

rainking187 said:
They fucked up with Juggernaut apparently, he's been pulled from the store for purchase and replaced with a free patch so you can play online with people that do have him.

guessing GameStop heard and threw a fit

wonder if it'll go up again next week though once the whole "exclusive preorder bonus" thing is over

SnowTeeth

Banned
Good point. Unless they made it manageable via episodic updates to unlock more from the demo - or yeah just buy it outright.

An yeah the music for The Gardens select screen...brilliant.

Dedication Through Light said:
I feel like I mention this in every discussion LBP being downloadable. The game would be way too big, I thought it definitely took up all space on the dual layered blu-ray, Near 40GB is way too much too download, lol.

Wowbagger said:
Wanted to try out the Supercar Challenge beta, but it crashes (3 beeps) while downloading a patch. :(

Damn, i had the same problem in may, when they started with the beta... well, i'll try again this time, since i got another code.

It's a shame tough, beta was good before the patch.

I might buy the full game if online races are fun.

Xater

aaaaaa said:
What's the better version of Blood Omen, the PS1 version or the PC version? I think I remember the PS version had longer load times?

I watched some videos today of the PSone version and the loading times are horrible. Would be interesting to know how they are on the PSP.

Xater said:
I watched some videos today of the PSone version and the loading times are horrible. Would be interesting to know how they are on the PSP.

quoting myself:

SolidusDave said:
examples:
loading the same save game (first save point in the game):
PS3: 19 seconds
PSP: 12 seconds

opening the start menu/inventory:
PS3: 4 seconds
PSP: 4 seconds

going back to the game from the inventory:
PS3: 7 seconds

loading the next area from the first savepoint (=outside):
PS3: 9 seconds

PSP is set to fast loading speed though (no problems so far).
The youtube videos showed the exact same times as the PS3 does, though it's possible this person played the disc version on a PS3 and didn't record directly from a PS1 (or he even used a PS2 which has a faster loading speed option, too IIRC). I checked the comments and it seems he played on an original PS1, so no different loading times on the PS3 I guess (regardless of disc or PSN version) and only faster loading on the PSP if you use the option for it.

Darkpen

Banned
What the...

Since when did the video store on PSN offer free episodes? They have the first ep for Gunslinger Girls up for free. Downloading now.

Solder-X Gets a sequel. Coming to PlayStation 3 Exclusively- Winter 09/10

* Seven unique action-loaded levels with fierce boss battles, staged across Underwater Worlds, Ice Caves, Tunnel Worlds, Space and other deadly scenarios.
* High definition graphics with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p.
* Dynamic score-linked difficulty system, making the game accessible for newcomers, yet challenging and rewarding for hardcore gamers.
* Two new playerships with their own characteristics and weapon systems to choose from.
* Brand new limit attacks and fourfold chaser system.
* New bullet pattern system.
* Detailed online high score ranking tables and replay file sharing.
* Hidden bonus elements, including a tribute to Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer.
* Adrenaline pumping soundtrack with more than 15 unique tracks and over a hundred sound effects.

tirminyl

Darkpen said:
What the...

Since when did the video store on PSN offer free episodes? They have the first ep for Gunslinger Girls up for free. Downloading now.

Not long. I assume you found this in TV Shows > Freebies (or something similar)

They have a few free shows, additional movie clips, etc. Gunslinger Girl episode was also streaming in Home.

Oni Jazar

Dedication Through Light said:

Whoa, I didn't know LBP was on a dual layer BR. I thought only MGS4 was DL.

Oni Jazar said:
Whoa, I didn't know LBP was on a dual layer BR. I thought only MGS4 was DL.
Heh I didn't know either. Not surprising considering how much content is in LBP. Apparently Resistance 2 was also on a dual layered Blu-ray.

Top Bottom