• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Pristin - Wee Woo

Edit. Been listening to a bunch of times now. I love it. The bridge with the superhero parts do hold it back, but not a lot, and the more I listen to it the more it fades in with the rest of the song and is easier to ignore. Aside from that, the song doesn't do a good job of showing of their talents, but that's not important. Music video is great, girls look amazing and the choreo seems solid. Gonna check out the rest of the mini and some live videos.

Waaah I like this though.
It's cute and it has really cute sounds. The 'rap' parts break the song up nicely without feeling tacked on. Also GOD NAYOUNG.
I was half expecting the first gif I'd see was the suspicious looking fluid blasting in her face.

MONSTA X - Beautiful

Now we're talkin. This track is pretty banging

I'm disappointed. Their releases last year were super good and I'm not that into this. Like Ilehuty already said, the rappers in this group are really off-putting but I was fine with it since their songs were always going hard. I think 'Stuck' is their best. It has a good balance of rap/vocal and it builds up well. There's too much disconnect between the rap and vocal in the new track. However if you can jam with the raps then it's a good production. Also why are their lyrics always so super possessive.

No No Eul

I thought Wee Woo was lacking something on first listen but it's definitely growing on me.

Love it. The vocals and instrumental compliment each other so well.

More Dreamcatcher teasers

After they released that first set of teaser images, I feared they might be headed in a different direction concept-wise, but this is much more like it.

Seungaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah said:
k34S644.jpg

broz0rs

Question: why is there so much hype for Pristin? Were they involved with that 101 show? (I've yet to hear their single but will do so later)

llehuty

Question: why is there so much hype for Pristin? Were they involved with that 101 show? (I've yet to hear their single but will do so later)
What No No Eul said + the Pledis trainee DNA + the solid predebut push with the concerts, covers, etc.

And we get hyped for any girl group debut that doesn't go the cutesy route

isuzu

But did you cry, tho?

Also, you have to go with Bowlie to see K.A.R.D!

I cried in 2015. this year was all joy and happiness

I'm kinda pissed at the kard thing because they'll come right next to where I live but it's only a fansign and a pretty damn expensive one. the concert is in São Paulo and I can't afford another concert 2000km away :(

Bowlie

Banned
I'm kinda pissed at the kard thing because they'll come right next to where I live but it's only a fansign and a pretty damn expensive one. the concert is in São Paulo and I can't afford another concert 2000km away :(

I live in the south, 1000km away too, haha. I missed SuJu and BTS here, I won't let K.A.R.D pass ;~~

Looks like your show was awesome, that's great :D

BTS best bg
concert was beyond awesome and they REALLY love Brazil. they all cried at the end <3

Happy to hear you had a good time isuzu! I watched some of the fancams and it looked incredible. Also, that fanchant for Reflection was amazing; Namjoon seemed really touched.

I still can't believe I'm seeing them on Friday. I'm so excited! It'll be my first k-pop concert too :)

Ryan_MSF

Whats everyones take on the PRISTIN mini-album?

After a couple of listens Black Widow really jumps out at me as my favourite track, though Wee Woo grows on me more with every listen.

You're in for a treat. Do you guys have any project for the concert? We had like 10, lol.

I saw a bunch of different projects on twitter that looked awesome. I wish I had an ARMY Bomb to participate in some of the ones I really liked but sadly I don't. I'm excited to see the projects all come together though.

Happy to hear you had a good time isuzu! I watched some of the fancams and it looked incredible. Also, that fanchant for Reflection was amazing; Namjoon seemed really touched.

I still can't believe I'm seeing them on Friday. I'm so excited! It'll be my first k-pop concert too :)

those BTS fangirls that i know just traded in their tickets and brought 300 dollar ones for better seating. it sounds like you're going to have a blast going =)

llehuty

That's a really nice tune, although the repetition of 'cricket' during the chorus is pretty awkward.
Yeah, the cricket parts are a bit jarring, but other than that, a really nice effort.

Anyway, how does Hyuna get to sign on a (very small) company for a solo career, while Sera has been struggling for years?

llehuty

Oh My Girl's comeback scheduled for the 3rd of April (without JinE). Unleash the teasers!

[M/V] &#47336;&#49884;(LUCY) - paradise (Intro)
[M/V] &#47336;&#49884;(LUCY) - B-DAY (ft. Kisum)
Good good GOOD. It also helps that Kisum brought her non annoying self for a change (but I still think she is not really needed in the song).

GIRL'S DAY EVERYDAY #5 TEASER HYERI
GIRL'S DAY EVERYDAY #5 TEASER MINAH
I'll allow the cheesy brass for the teasers, but that's it.

woOhPnY.png

Fantagio finally doing stuff.

Pendulum

Oh My Girl's comeback scheduled for the 3rd of April (without JinE). Unleash the teasers!
Some audio from their Instagram, and an image

GIRL'S DAY EVERYDAY #5 TEASER HYERI
GIRL'S DAY EVERYDAY #5 TEASER MINAH
I'll allow the cheesy brass for the teasers, but that's it.
Snippet of the song from The Show

woOhPnY.png

Fantagio finally doing stuff.
e5d13aa522cd4701344b1b0e805740d984896f5e_hq.gif

A V Live channel has been set up (no videos yet, using placeholder "i-Teen" name)
(Odd this image goes out today when yesterday it was reported "Fantagio revealed they're focusing on new girl group but the members are not yet finalized besides Yoojung & Doyeon")

llehuty

(Odd this image goes out today when yesterday it was reported "Fantagio revealed they're focusing on new girl group but the members are not yet finalized besides Yoojung & Doyeon")

Maybe they are planning on doing a survival show or something with the girls? I was having a look at the other Fantagio girls in Produce 101 and I don't remember them at all, not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Pendulum

Maybe they are planning on doing a survival show or something with the girls? I was having a look at the other Fantagio girls in Produce 101 and I don't remember them at all, not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

Surely you must remember the person people dubbed "Forehead Girl"

---

PitifulThankfulErmine.gif

I was wondering about that too. Maybe Hyuna's just got friends in the right places?

That's exactly it I think. She's really close with Urban Zakapa for example who probably have the right connections for her to find a home as a solo singer.

Surely you must remember the person people dubbed "Forehead Girl"

Unless you're thinking of someone else, the true forehead kween of P101 was not Fantagio.

The only other interesting member of Fantagio on P101, Lee Soomin left Fantagio after the show. She was the most talented one so I've been kinda worried for their group. But if all the 3 interesting trainees of Happy Face from P101 could leave after the show and they still managed a strong redebut with Dreamcatcher, Fantagio should be able to do the same.

Conceptor

Whats everyones take on the PRISTIN mini-album?

After a couple of listens Black Widow really jumps out at me as my favourite track, though Wee Woo grows on me more with every listen.

Really strong mini. Running is also my fav on the song, though I prefer their other version of it.

@everyone pls support them

Everyone looked good in the MV but Nayoung, Pinky, Roa, Rena (long hair suits her) and Yuha especially so

Ryan_MSF

T-ara's Boram and Soyeon end contract with MBK, the rest extend until December

Statement from MBK
This is MBK Entertainment's official announcement on T-ara's contract renewal. As reported, T-ara's Boram and Soyeon's contracts will end on May 15. The other members Qri, Eunjung, Hyomin, and Jiyeon, have renewed their contracts until the end of December this year, and they will continue on with their dramas, personal activities, and overseas activities.
T-ara's last full album will be the album that will be released in May.
Thank you.

Ryan_MSF

So they are killing the group? They say May's album will be their last album, so what's the point of renewing the others until December?

It's a mess, the messaging is all over the place, and the statement just seems to create more questions than it actually answers :/

llehuty

Solo projects

Like, they will have solo projects for Jiyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin AND Qri in a 6 months period? And they will promote them although they are going to probably land in other companies after some months. It just doesn't make much sense.

I guess they could still do concerts and stuff, since they are saying last T-ara album instead of las T-ara activity. It's just weird.

Gintamen

Like, they will have solo projects for Jiyeon, Eunjung, Hyomin AND Qri in a 6 months period? And they will promote them although they are going to probably land in other companies after some months. It just doesn't make much sense.

I guess they could still do concerts and stuff, since they are saying last T-ara album instead of las T-ara activity. It's just weird.
It says right there in the article, that they will stay for
their dramas, personal activities, and overseas activities.
They might want to finish off all their contractual responsibilities for non-musical work before leaving.

Top Bottom