Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-16-2017, 11:10 PM)

Originally Posted by LotusHD

Lmao
Ray Down
Banned
(07-16-2017, 11:19 PM)
Let's not even get started on the Digimon shipping.

Though I don't know people reactions to the kiss from Pokémon....
ckohler
(07-16-2017, 11:23 PM)

Originally Posted by Blackleg-sanji1

What is that?
Ray Down
Banned
(07-16-2017, 11:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ckohler

What is that?

Shiki ship from Strong World.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 01:15 AM)

Originally Posted by Ray Down

Shiki ship from Strong World.

Aka best ship. Honorable mention to laws
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 01:52 AM)
Sunny is goat smh at you, Black Leg.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:08 AM)

Sunny is goat smh at you, Black Leg.

If the sunny wasn't the main characters ship it wouldn't be goat zip it.

Can't even fly
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:08 AM)

If the sunny wasn't the main characters ship it wouldn't be goat zip it.

Can't even fly

Wow, you went there.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:10 AM)

Wow, you went there.

Xp
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:10 AM)
The ship can't even properly fly on its own without Shiki, it shouldn't count as flying.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:11 AM)

The ship can't even properly fly on its own without Shiki, it shouldn't count as flying.

Shhhh
The sunnys best feature can't be fired without someone(GAO cannon) Btw how does coup de burst work exactly..frank so advanced he has a voice activated system in the ship
Sibersk Esto
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:14 AM)
Thread in Off-topic got me thinking.

Is One Piece one of those series you feel you need to add a 'caveat' to when recommending or talking about it with others, primarily because of Oda's artistic tendencies when it comes to women over recent years?
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:17 AM)

Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto

Is One Piece one of those series you feel you need to add a 'caveat' to when recommending or talking about it with others, primarily because of Oda's artistic tendencies when it comes to women over recent years?

Matters if I know the person would be bothered by it.

I say just someone read and naturally see that.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:22 AM)

Originally Posted by Sibersk Esto

Not for me. The main caveat is its length if anything... :(

It's unfortunate how samey several of the female characters look, as well as the anime exaggerating the issue, but it's not like say, Fairy Tail or something. It does have its moments of course, like Rebecca's design or Nami's chest growing over the years, but that wouldn't stop me. The more noticeable stuff is things like the women not having enough fights, much less getting their hands dirty. A lot of them have huge chests, but as far as I can recall, random cliche fanservice scenes aren't very prevalent to the point where I'd be rolling my eyes a lot.

But overall, it's definitely not something I would ever hesitate to recommend. At the same time, if they're reading through it, and point out that kind of stuff, then we just discuss our mutual disappointment with it lol

---

Now that I think about it, Ivankov and co. is something I'd probably place higher in terms of being a potential caveat.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 02:23 AM)
My main thing I would bring up is it starts incredibly slow
Ogodei
(07-17-2017, 04:11 AM)

Not for me. The main caveat is its length if anything... :(

It's unfortunate how samey several of the female characters look, as well as the anime exaggerating the issue, but it's not like say, Fairy Tail or something. It does have its moments of course, like Rebecca's design or Nami's chest growing over the years, but that wouldn't stop me. The more noticeable stuff is things like the women not having enough fights, much less getting their hands dirty. A lot of them have huge chests, but as far as I can recall, random cliche fanservice scenes aren't very prevalent to the point where I'd be rolling my eyes a lot.

But overall, it's definitely not something I would ever hesitate to recommend. At the same time, if they're reading through it, and point out that kind of stuff, then we just discuss our mutual disappointment with it lol

---

Now that I think about it, Ivankov and co. is something I'd probably place higher in terms of being a potential caveat.

The only caveat with the Okama is that their appearances is played for laughs. They are otherwise competent fighters who are mostly goodhearted and their way of life is portrayed as valid.

Not 100% kosher, but it's aces as far as you could expect from shonen (or Japan in general, where mass audiences look at transsexuals as the kind of punchline Americans did 15 years ago).
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:02 AM)
I need this chapter to confirm the cake theory.
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(07-17-2017, 07:14 AM)
16 pages of pudding and sanji bonding.
KuwabaraTheMan
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:19 AM)

Don't you bring that evil in this thread!
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:20 AM)

Originally Posted by Man God

16 pages of pudding and sanji bonding.

What kind of bonding?

Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan

Misty fan?
KuwabaraTheMan
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:23 AM)

Misty fan?

Hell no. I just can't stand Serena and think that XY is the worst season of the Pokemon anime.

Haruka and Hikari are where it's at for Pokemon heroines.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:31 AM)

Originally Posted by Ogodei

The only caveat with the Okama is that their appearances is played for laughs. They are otherwise competent fighters who are mostly goodhearted and their way of life is portrayed as valid.

Not 100% kosher, but it's aces as far as you could expect from shonen (or Japan in general, where mass audiences look at transsexuals as the kind of punchline Americans did 15 years ago).

I realize that much, especially in regards to Iva being a cool person, just that some of their scenes, like where the residents of are chasing Sanji around, or him being horrified that he received blood from them, well... Basically if I re-read it, it'd be a little disheartening, to say the least. Like you said, it's not 100% kosher lol

I'm sorry!
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:34 AM)
Say the english names you weeb!
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:37 AM)
I didn't need to watch the anime to know that Serena sucks, I'll say that much. :P
KuwabaraTheMan
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:38 AM)

Never.
NSESN
(07-17-2017, 08:04 AM)
Serena isn't that bad. But 50 episodes until she starts doing something was really boring. And I will never understand why she cut her hair. Definitely the weak point of XY.

May and Dawn I think.
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-17-2017, 12:40 PM)

Hell no. I just can't stand Serena and think that XY is the worst season of the Pokemon anime.

Haruka and Hikari are where it's at for Pokemon heroines.

It was great until the league happened now it's trash
SolVanderlyn
Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
(07-17-2017, 01:43 PM)

メイとドーン
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 03:05 PM)

It was great until the league happened now it's trash

grandjedi6
Master of the Google Search
(07-17-2017, 03:29 PM)

Originally Posted by NSESN

I still feel OP community is the anime/manga community less obsessed with shipping. Even Pokemon is worse and that is a children's anime.

*Looks at Pudding avatars*. Ahem

Pokemon definitely seems worse from the outside though. I feel like the only series that mostly avoid shipping are those that make pairings obvious from the get go and never stray from them (such as Dragonball and Fullmetal Alchemist where every guy is predestined to hook up with whichever girl they spend the most time with).
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 03:43 PM)
Techically Goku interact with Bulma the most...

Though I think Torishima said they should get together, or some other DBZ editor.
BatDan
Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
(07-17-2017, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by grandjedi6

Pokemon definitely seems worse from the outside though. I feel like the only series that mostly avoid shipping are those that make pairings obvious from the get go and never stray from them (such as Dragonball and Fullmetal Alchemist where every guy is predestined to hook up with whichever girl they spend the most time with).

I'm glad someone else is annoyed with the thread's Pudding obsession.
It's like the "SaNa" shitposters on /a/, only way more annoying.

It's weird how all the Pokemon shipping shit was actually a 4Kids product. At least that's what I've heard.
I know Serena's feelings for Ash was Japanese original but that was recent in the grand scheme.
KuwabaraTheMan
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:09 PM)

Pudding doesn't really have anything to do with shipping, though? People are just appreciating an enjoyable character.
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:18 PM)

Pudding doesn't really have anything to do with shipping, though? People are just appreciating an enjoyable character.

Haters are gonna hate, man.
Kworn
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:37 PM)
So, I think Big mom is going to explode the next chapter as she will most likely eat one of her children that have a devil fruit.

Que her exploding from eating too many devil fruits.
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:50 PM)
But people don't die in OP.
DriftingSpirit
(07-17-2017, 04:51 PM)

Originally Posted by Kworn

So, I think Big mom is going to explode the next chapter as she will most likely eat one of her children that have a devil fruit.

Que her exploding from eating too many devil fruits.

I think she is just going to beat them up or take some of their lifespan like she did with her son.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:45 PM)

Not to mention we haven't been "obsessed" with her for months now anyways? Lately all we do is wonder what's she been up to lately if anything, and Ray's the only one left with a Pudding avatar.

Meanwhile apparently some of y'all still can't let it go, huh... :P
Ogodei
(07-17-2017, 06:08 PM)

Shipping tends to happen in fandoms with a higher female presence (as girls and women are more likely to be the fanfiction writers), that's why Dragonball avoided it.

One Piece avoids getting bogged down because of Oda's peculiar skill in making characters sexual but not romantic (in that it's pretty clear where most of the crew's preferences lie, except maybe Franky, and that they have expressed those desires, and yet have never shown the slightest inclination of seriously acting upon them).

Basically you've got a group of people who have strong platonic connections to each other, and we've seen expressions of sexual interest floating around within that group as well, but somehow Oda's kept either of those from ever convincing most of the fanbase that a pairing is going to happen.

I'm not saying Franky's gay, btw. He seems very into his own masculinity but i'm not sure he's ever expressed interest in women. Even Luffy peeped on Nami and Vivi in the bath that one time, and Chopper found the gazelle mink.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:10 PM)
What is Robin's preference
nelsonroyale
(07-17-2017, 06:13 PM)
I hope Big Mom doesn't destroy her own crew when she goes insane...Luffy and co have had a lot of luck this arc, considering they completely outmatched.
Spinx
(07-17-2017, 06:31 PM)

Older men like Dragon.
Tathanen
Get Inside Her!
(07-17-2017, 06:34 PM)
I am Robin's type.
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:34 PM)

Big arm men like Jinbei :p

Originally Posted by Tathanen

I am Robin's type.

Originally Posted by Spinx

Older men like Dragon.

I do wonder what they did during those 2 years, then again I've seen the idea thrown around that Luffy and Robin are half siblings.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:37 PM)

Originally Posted by Spinx

Older men like Dragon.

Tru.

Originally Posted by Tathanen

I am Robin's type.

Big arm men like Jinbei :p

Ah...
Ray Down
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:44 PM)

Not to mention we haven't been "obsessed" with her for months now anyways? Lately all we do is wonder what's she been up to lately if anything, and Ray's the only one left with a Pudding avatar.

Meanwhile apparently some of y'all still can't let it go, huh... :P

Truth.

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

I hope Big Mom doesn't destroy her own crew when she goes insane...Luffy and co have had a lot of luck this arc, considering they completely outmatched.

She not, Big Mom will show up again. So her crew can't get totally wrecked.
DriftingSpirit
(07-18-2017, 02:06 AM)

Originally Posted by nelsonroyale

That is true. A part of me doesn't like how they waltzed into Yonkou territory and got what they needed with negligible consequence in the grand scheme of things.
LotusHD
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:07 AM)

Originally Posted by DriftingSpirit

That is true. A part of me doesn't like how they waltzed into Yonkou territory and got what they needed with negligible consequence in the grand scheme of things.

You kidding me? Sanji got his heart broken, that's not negligible!

It is hilarious that Luffy didn't even keep his lost tooth lmao
Blackleg-sanji1
Banned
(07-18-2017, 02:18 AM)
Well they made a bigger name for themselveswhich some of the crew(only Nami,chopper and usopp) will see as a consequence that's something lol. Morgans bouta expose sanjis heritage, jinbe joining etc
Man God
Non-Canon Member
(07-18-2017, 02:20 AM)
Big Mom was relatively in control when she killed her own flesh and blood earlier in the arc.

When she had the hunger lust on her full out she ate everyone she ever cared for, so...