Okay, this is the week.

<3
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 01:30 PM)

Originally Posted by strafer

Okay, this is the week.

<3

I don't know how they can top the Infinity War teaser description.
strafer
(07-17-2017, 01:31 PM)

Originally Posted by Kenzodielocke

Yeah, that will be hard to top, shit had me grabbing my pillow.
Sambrez_
(07-17-2017, 02:32 PM)

By showing videos and not just text :)
I'm super hyped for IW but the two contents are just not comparable.
Leo_Sagittarius
(07-17-2017, 03:14 PM)

By not using rock music.
Busty
when Jesus ain't watching Kinect will watch over you
(07-17-2017, 03:15 PM)

If DC/Warners cannot top a written description of a teaser trailer then they should just pack it up and go home now.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 03:24 PM)
I don't know how my statement could be taken seriously.
foolia
(07-17-2017, 04:20 PM)

Superman's resurrection bois

WB gets on it fam
Raptor
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:29 PM)
Aquaman rising from the fucking sea can top that "description"

I mean god damn man, it was not even a image.
Razgriz-Specter
(07-17-2017, 04:32 PM)

They can for me,
I have Avengers fatigue setting in.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:33 PM)
According to PS Blog Germany, Ostrander is writing the script and filming begins early next year. They might have jumped the gun as they say it's officially announced, or I am just not in the know and this is no news.

http://bit.ly/2v9yLYH
Poodlestrike
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:42 PM)

According to PS Blog Germany, Ostrander is writing the script and filming begins early next year. They might have jumped the gun as they say it's officially announced, or I am just not in the know and this is no news.

http://bit.ly/2v9yLYH

Ostrander writing SS2 would be...

Potentially a huge fucking deal, I'll say that much.
Busty
when Jesus ain't watching Kinect will watch over you
(07-17-2017, 04:47 PM)

According to PS Blog Germany,...,

Well, they would know.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 04:48 PM)

Originally Posted by Busty

Well, they would know.

Sure, maybe not. Still an official joint that would get press releases.
Raptor
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:08 PM)

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Ostrander writing SS2 would be...

Potentially a huge fucking deal, I'll say that much.

Who the heck is Oistrichander?
Pachimari
(07-17-2017, 05:11 PM)
Just get behind a fucking camera already and shoot this shit.
Penguin
(07-17-2017, 05:11 PM)

Originally Posted by Raptor

Who the heck is Oistrichander?

The man responsible for the modern day concept of the Suicide Squad. His run is pretty much the standard for the team.
Sambrez_
(07-17-2017, 05:13 PM)

Sure, maybe not. Still an official joint that would get press releases.

That would be great. If it's taken down we'll know.
Poodlestrike
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Penguin

The man responsible for the modern day concept of the Suicide Squad. His run is pretty much the standard for the team.

Modern day, hell. Basically everything about the Squad comes from Ostrander. The earlier incarnation had the name and Rick Flag and not much else in common; it was one of those weird post-war war comic teams, like the Blackhawks and the Losers. The supervillains trading service for sentence reductions, the bombs, Waller, and most of the other characters, that's all Ostrander. For bonus points he also created Oracle (Barbra Gordon) in that run. Until Rebirth I'd say that no other run with the Squad had come close, and even now he's probably still got the defining take. Him writing the movie would be huge.
beyond_death
(07-17-2017, 05:20 PM)
Ostrander writing SS2 would be dope.
Raptor
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:21 PM)

Well its in the best hands literally!
Penguin
(07-17-2017, 05:28 PM)

Originally Posted by Poodlestrike

Modern day, hell. Basically everything about the Squad comes from Ostrander. The earlier incarnation had the name and Rick Flag and not much else in common; it was one of those weird post-war war comic teams, like the Blackhawks and the Losers. The supervillains trading service for sentence reductions, the bombs, Waller, and most of the other characters, that's all Ostrander. For bonus points he also created Oracle (Barbra Gordon) in that run. Until Rebirth I'd say that no other run with the Squad had come close, and even now he's probably still got the defining take. Him writing the movie would be huge.

I said modern day just to reflect that the concept/name Suicide Squad existed before his book, but you're right when people think of it is the concept he created and DC continues to use.

I hope they go super small scale with the 2nd one.

Simple enough set-up
Give the heroes a mission
Have something go terribly wrong because they weren't given all the info
Have them book it out of there/complete the mission
Roll credits
Poodlestrike
Banned
(07-17-2017, 05:38 PM)

I said modern day just to reflect that the concept/name Suicide Squad existed before his book, but you're right when people think of it is the concept he created and DC continues to use.

I hope they go super small scale with the 2nd one.

Simple enough set-up
Give the heroes a mission
Have something go terribly wrong because they weren't given all the info
Have them book it out of there/complete the mission
Roll credits

Yeah, I get what you were saying, I'm just a huuuuge fan of that run and my enthusiasm takes over sometimes.

One thing I'd say is that while I definitely want a smaller scope, they need to make everybody... well, way worse. These should be TERRIBLE people. Emphasizing the contrast between Flag and Katana vs. the rest of the Squad vs. Waller really makes it all work.

Taking Quinn out is probably a good idea on that front, but honestly there's no way they'd do that so I just hope they can emphasize the general sketchiness more.
Theorry
(07-17-2017, 05:59 PM)
So is the WB panel livestreamed?
broncobuster
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Theorry

Typically, no. Image and video will surface from crowds and later better quality of the crowds. Good news is WB is past the whole, let's keep footage and news for the crowds, and they go online as they're shown.
Ahasverus
(07-17-2017, 06:09 PM)
Ostrander writing Suicide Squad (With some cinematic help of course) would make it the most improved sequel ever filmed.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 06:18 PM)

Originally Posted by Theorry

We will get the trailers and such and panels will be uploaded seperately afterwards. SDCC is still a freaking shitshow.
a916
(07-17-2017, 06:45 PM)

Aquaman rising slowly from the water, with the duffman theme song playing and close ups on AM's junk. It will break the internet. Maybe make him do a long wet hair head swing. Some sexual innuendo with his trident.
Ashhong
(07-17-2017, 06:50 PM)
How come more comic book writers dont write scripts for these movies? Or at least a story treatment? Has there been any other than Johns? I don't really know writers very well
Wingfan19
(07-17-2017, 07:01 PM)

Originally Posted by Ashhong

How come more comic book writers dont write scripts for these movies? Or at least a story treatment? Has there been any other than Johns? I don't really know writers very well

Probably because they're not apart of the Screen Writers Guild? I mean, they could apply for it, but I think you have to pay dues. I can't imagine comic book writers are rolling in the dough, so why pay for something you may never be involved with?
a916
(07-17-2017, 07:02 PM)

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

Probably because they're not apart of the Screen Writers Guild? I mean, they could apply for it, but I think you have to pay dues. I can't imagine comic book writers are rolling in the dough, so why pay for something you may never be involved with?

If these big producers were smart, they would start enlisting in them... I don't imagine them writing entire scripts, but they should be writing the treatments so we can weed out garbage that doesn't belong and to make sure character motivations are true to the characters in use.
ReiGun
They call me "Mr Soap"
(07-17-2017, 07:15 PM)

I know Simone has done some treatments or been asked to.

There's also Dini and Timm, who have likely been asked, but have stated multiple times they have no interest in working on the live action films.
Ashhong
(07-17-2017, 07:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Wingfan19

Ah, would that apply to a simple story treatment too? Just seems like a no-brainer from the studio. They should just pay the dues for them, shit. Then again, you have directors nowadays, at least on DC side, coming in and writing the script themselves anyway it seems like.
Wingfan19
(07-17-2017, 07:23 PM)

Ah, would that apply to a simple story treatment too? Just seems like a no-brainer from the studio. They should just pay the dues for them, shit. Then again, you have directors nowadays, at least on DC side, coming in and writing the script themselves anyway it seems like.

That, I have no clue. I don't know what the rules are for story credits vs actual script/dialog credits.
broncobuster
Banned
(07-17-2017, 07:29 PM)
Allan Heinberg has the main credit on Wonder Woman, but he also has written for TV. So it may just be guild thing.

And of course, who can forget Frank Miller writing RoboCop 2.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 08:15 PM)
Whedon's Justice League.
foolia
(07-17-2017, 08:20 PM)

Whedon's Justice League.

this isnt snyder's year, is it
Penguin
(07-17-2017, 08:49 PM)
The toy is the best Cyborg from the movie yet

strafer
(07-17-2017, 08:54 PM)

Whedon's Justice League.

Odd.
a916
(07-17-2017, 09:03 PM)

Whedon's Justice League.

Peculiar... I really wouldn't read too much into it. He's probably not doing press tours for it considering what he's been through and the marketing machine will go through Whedon I imagine.

Feel so bad for him though, I can't imagine what he's going through
anaron
(07-17-2017, 09:10 PM)

Originally Posted by Ahasverus

Ostrander writing Suicide Squad (With some cinematic help of course) would make it the most improved sequel ever filmed.

Seriously. Omg please let it happen
Penguin
(07-17-2017, 09:13 PM)

Sometimes writing doesn't necessarily translate from one medium to the next. There's also the time commitment.

But more I guess creator driven books do, Frank Miller with Sin City, Mark Millar with Deadpool, Kingsman and the sort
strafer
(07-17-2017, 09:22 PM)
Could also be that he's planning something for Comic Con.
EroticSushi
(07-17-2017, 09:28 PM)
Not sure what commercial this is from but cool nonetheless.

GringoSuave89
Banned
(07-17-2017, 09:34 PM)

Originally Posted by EroticSushi

Wal-Mart
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 09:40 PM)

Originally Posted by EroticSushi

That's from the reshoots, actually. Whedon bringing some colour and levity.
mjc
(07-17-2017, 09:41 PM)
Weird that he'd drop JL stuff from his account, but he's had a hell of a toll personally. I don't fault him for anything.
Kenzodielocke
Banned
(07-17-2017, 09:43 PM)
Anyway guys. I think it was just an avatar change, the banner was always the same - I think.
strafer
(07-17-2017, 09:46 PM)
Someone check the wayback machine.
Ashhong
(07-17-2017, 10:03 PM)

Whedon's Justice League.

Y'all are crazy. Unless he had the movie ripped out from his hands, he would not change the avatar and cover photo for negative reasons. He probably just wanted a change. There better not be a goddamn thread about it. Looking at you Kenzo and Theoryy