• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loudninja

Hmmm half and half on this game. I'm sure it'll at least be way more playable online than Wii smash was, so there's that to look forward to. 60FPS is good.

I'm genuinely curious if they'll have a ranked online mode for those people who are in the fighting game community. They could make some serious strides with the game if they do appease to that market as well.

I hope Cole gets into this game too. I'd probably main him. Snake is a great idea too if he makes it.

I wonder if they'll take a chimera or Nathan Hale for the Resistance mascot to put in. Lot of great characters they can pull from.

The character we need to be vocal about is the Knight on the cover of Demon's Souls coming to this game.
This is what they said about online so far

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale gives players access to a wide variety of PlayStation characters and ties in the excitement of a four player, full screen brawler. Players can fight in a variety of configurations, including versus matches for four, team battles, special practice modes, and team up with friends to take on players online. Online battles will deliver a new set of challenges, including Tournament mode, Special Event Battle, and Custom Matches. In Tournament, players are matched online to gain experience and special awards. Special Event Battles allow SuperBot to set match parameters daily, and players earn experience points towards an overall leaderboard based on performance. Players can also arrange customized matches with their own rules.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=37348169&postcount=1078

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Hmmm half and half on this game. I'm sure it'll at least be way more playable online than Wii smash was, so there's that to look forward to. 60FPS is good.

I'm genuinely curious if they'll have a ranked online mode for those people who are in the fighting game community. They could make some serious strides with the game if they do appease to that market as well.

I hope Cole gets into this game too. I'd probably main him. Snake is a great idea too if he makes it.

I wonder if they'll take a chimera or Nathan Hale for the Resistance mascot to put in. Lot of great characters they can pull from.

The character we need to be vocal about is the Knight on the cover of Demon's Souls coming to this game.
No. Penetrator. Complete with a Demon's Soul stage with this as the theme.

I find it very interesting that Bluepoint Studios made a custom engine for this game. They seem to be beneath a lot of projects these days.

The same guys who couldn't get the rain right in a PS2 game... ? Well... I'm not sure interesting is the word I'd use to describe this revelation, if true.

see5harp

I guess niche wasn't really the right word. Just that SotC is like the Metroid compared to God of War's or Uncharted's Mario or Zelda. A critically acclaimed game with a vocal fanbase, but not really recognizable outside of the enthusiast crowd.

I'm sure they definitely want to represent it in some fashion, but I'm not sure how they could work as playable characters. Team ICO games intentionally give the player a pretty limited move set.

Team Ico character is a better choice than Fat Princess. However niche SoC or Ico is, probably 10x the amount of people played that game and both games have been around for a couple gens now.

The007JiM

Now i understand why so many PS3's exclusive characters in Capcom's figthing games...

3rd partys characters will be a printing money machine if the game is good.

The Hermit

Do you guys think these will be there?

6036927330_b7f14f21ba.jpg

making-colossal-games-with-the-creators-of-iicoi-and-ishadow-of-the-colossusi--20060213043020663.jpg

I will be pissed if they aren't...
They are my fav. Sony characters for christ sake!

If the monkey from TimeSplitters is in this, I'll grin like a lunatic then kill myself with the knowledge that its the closest we'd get to a new TS

Allonym

There should be more tampons in gaming
I think Samanosuke Akechi of Onimusha fame would be a great pick. Not only was Onimusha synonymous of the Playstation 2 early on being its first million seller and at a time being a primary mascot of Capcom (its #5 among Capcom's most lucrative franchises though that might've changed given its absence) Samanosuke is a pretty interesting character with a wide variety of abilities. Not only can use a bow for distance attacks but hopefully they'd work his eight elemental weapons into the game. He'd be the perfect rival character for Kratos and then throw in his Onimusha form! They'd be crazy not to consider him at least

My character wishlist would go something like this, I'll try not to have characters that overlap/play alike
1. Dante
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Samanosuke
4. Ryu SF
5. Rau (Mark of Kri)

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oh, you're just trolling the thread.

...what?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/27/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-smashes-through-the-playsta/

What works surprisingly well is the game's graphical style. In the case of Kratos and Sweet Tooth, both characters are presented in a slightly softer fashion, yet still look menacing. Characters and environments mesh together cleanly in the proprietary game engine from developer Bluepoint Games – the company responsible for 2009's God of War Collection.

Now i understand why so many PS3's exclusive characters in Capcom's figthing games...

3rd partys characters will be a printing money machine if the game is good.

if this game can get long term LBP type DLC support that would be great.

Plus just think about buying a game and unlocking that character in All Stars.

So buy Dead Space 3 and unlock Issac Clark. Buy latest Capcom fighting game unlock Ryu? Buy Assassins Creed 3 and unlock a Assassin.

So many DLC possibilities it practically prints money.

Oh ask Valve to get Chell or someone from TF2 in this. Valve love this cross over shit. Plus FIGHTING WITH PORTALS!!!

Also I predict Super Smash Capcom by holiday 2013. They have enough random characters to pull it off. Dont know what they would call it. maybe Capcom Vs Capcom

Piano

Banned
Looks awesome, but if the GT hit points video is correct, using super is the ONLY way to KO opponents and score points?

If so that doesn't seem all that fun.

The Hermit

Let me put it another way.

Characters in this type of game inhabit and represent the game worlds they're from. They are perpetually part of these places, even if their quest is over. See: Smash Brothers.

Shadow of the Colossus and ICO's worlds are destroyed or sealed off, the characters from them are either dead or inhabiting some metaphorical plane of existence.

It's not that cross-overs have to "make sense", but I don't think Wander was meant to live on perpetually outside of his game.

It's not merely being dead, because Kratos is dying and living always. It's that there's nowhere for Wander to be after the events portrayed in his game. No conflict, no turmoil, nothing.

are you really asking for sense in a Super Smash clone? I don't give a give a rat ass, I just want to see Wander and some Colossi in this game, plz!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The person that said this is Smash before Smash Wii U comes along in 2 - 3 years is the person I agree with. I have about as much connection to Sony's IPs as I do a rock in my backyard, and the premise seems far stupider and less appealing than Nintendo's offering (which works for the obvious reason), but I dunno. If it's packed with content and actually fun to play I'll probably get it. I really hope it has a cool single player campaign that plays on all the franchises. Nintendo fucked that up with the Smash series.

Let me put it another way.

Characters in this type of game inhabit and represent the game worlds they're from. They are perpetually part of these places, even if their quest is over. See: Smash Brothers.

Shadow of the Colossus and ICO's worlds are destroyed or sealed off, the characters from them are either dead or inhabiting some metaphorical plane of existence.

It's not that cross-overs have to "make sense", but I don't think Wander was meant to live on perpetually outside of his game.

It's not merely being dead, because Kratos is dying and living always. It's that there's nowhere for Wander to be after the events portrayed in his game. No conflict, no turmoil, nothing.

This isn't true. Sonic was in Brawl, and he's been dead for years.

ReaperXL7

There'll probably be at least another because this:

Definitely doesn't look like Fat Princess, lol. Maybe Nariko.

I want Kat from Gravity Rush or Lammy.

Honestly especially with the hair, it looks much more like either Elena from Uncharted, or Lara Croft....it's possible they just had not given her the long flowing red hair yet though.

Where is Solid Snake damnit.

Characters like Snake, Drake, Crash, I think would be held for E3.

I think characters like Cloud Strife, Areith, Dante, and Team Ico characters would be saved for TGS.

So why hasn't a Final Fantasy character been discussed to death yet?

Cloud is probably the most frequently mentioned character.

The GT Hit Points feature makes it sound like they need to do some tweaking to the environmental damage. Right now they say that there's really no reason to even dodge them, which really ruins the entire point of having such a feature in levels. They need to do something like taking away a kill if the Hydra bites you or draining your AP bar. At least punish the players harshly for getting caught.

Just saw this stuff now. I'm gonna have to side with the 'lazy clone' crew for now.

The Playstation characters don't have the appeal to carry something like this either, I feel.

So, for now, based on what we've seen and heard about the game, I'm gonna agree with the 'hella lazy' sentiments.

The007JiM

if this game can get long term LBP type DLC support that would be great.

Plus just think about buying a game and unlocking that character in All Stars.

So buy Dead Space 3 and unlock Issac Clark. Buy latest Capcom fighting game unlock Ryu? Buy Assassins Creed 3 and unlock a Assassin.

So many DLC possibilities it practically prints money.

Oh ask Valve to get Chell or someone from TF2 in this. Valve love this cross over shit. Plus FIGHTING WITH PORTALS!!!

Also I predict Super Smash Capcom by holiday 2013. They have enough random characters to pull it off. Dont know what they would call it. maybe Capcom Vs Capcom

Last night i was thinking in the same thing. The 3rd party is the most important thing in this.

"Buy last game of Capcom and unlock Megaman X"
"Buy last game of Ubisoft and unlock Ezio"
"Buy last game of Naughty Dog and unlock Doughtnut Drake"

Everybody wins

btw, figthing with portals is an excelent idea!

Girl call:

Lammy - Um Jammer Lammy
Maiden in Black - Demon's Souls
Chloe - Uncharted
Elena - Uncharted
Nariko - Heavenly Sword
Ellen - Folklore
Yorda - Ico
Firiona - Everquest
Kat - Gravity Daze
Narcia - Popolocrois

Gimme, gimme.

Their website says they are independent, yet Sony made the team, paid for their premises, own the IP etc. Surely they are a 1st Party Studio then. . .

SmithnCo

I'd prefer Chell but the two robots from Portal 2 as a tag team would be crazy too. It's too good to come true though.

(Also I'd main the hell out of a Bioshock character. Again, too good to be true.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom