• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 360 Dev Screens/Videos Leak, Including New Jet Level [DICE Responds]

Soma

Pumpkins said:
I get why you did, but why is someone making a Crysis 1 comparison in a Battlefield 3 thread? What is the purpose?
I dunno i think some PC gamers have some sort of vendetta against consoles or something.

man it's like

"those fucking consoles... they like... killed my dog. now i must post comparison pics for all the world to see. that'll show them!"

heavyness said:
I canceled my pre-order for the 360 and took all my consoles and threw them at some homeless people. I would rather homeless people play outdated consoles then have them take up room under my tv.
Thats what I would've done. Good job sir.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
moonspeak said:
I dunno i think some PC gamers have some sort of vendetta against consoles or something.

man it's like

"those fucking consoles... they like... killed my dog. now i must post comparison pics for all the world to see. that'll show them!"

I vomit every time I walk into my living room and see my Wii and 360 sitting beside my desktop. What business does that trash have being within a mile of my glorious rig?

Fjordson

ymmv said:
Ah, the master race finally shows its real colors... "THIS THREAD IS PROHIBITED FOR CONSOLE GAMERS" ... "PC GAMERS ONLY" ....
Lmfao. So ridiculous.

With the amount of console trolling that goes on unchecked these days, it's probably inevitable at this point.

Brofist

I'm mostly a PC gamer and even I'm finding these topics to be unnecessary. I mean if you were a Ferrari owner would you stop beside every Toyota Corolla on the road and laugh at the driver? Probably not.

Mr_Brit

Banned
RAGEGAAGE!! Console gamers!!!
:p *teeehee*
PCPLZ.jpg

The only thing that makes me laugh is the PC guys that treat it like a standard platform...like it's Playstation, XBOX, Wii and PC.

What is PC exactly, what is the standard?

I will buy a PC in a heart beat if I can be guaranteed two basic things.

1. $500-600 for a system that runs current games at max. (I will not build it myself) I'm a consumer not a hobbyist or a tinkerer

2. No troubleshooting required, I want to play games not do research.

3. In 4 to 5 years I can just buy a new PC for 500 or so dollars and hook it up to my TV, no upgrading no taking the thing apart and plugging in things and installing things, once again I'm a consumer not a hobbyist.

If these things can be had let me know, if not stop telling me PC is superior because for what I want it simply isn't.

kpop100 said:
I'm mostly a PC gamer and even I'm finding these topics to be unnecessary. I mean if you were a Ferrari owner would you stop beside every Toyota Corolla on the road and laugh at the driver? Probably not.
That's the only thing I would do if I spent that much money on a car... I mean in all seriousness that is why you buy a car like that :/ not because you are going to but so you will feel like that

mr_nothin

Banned
Anerythristic said:
The only thing that makes me laugh is the PC guys that treat it like a standard platform...like it's Playstation, XBOX, Wii and PC.

1. $500-600 for a system that runs current games at max. (I will not build it myself) I'm a consumer not a hobbyist or a tinkerer

3. In 4 to 5 years I can just buy a new PC for 500 or so dollars and hook it up to my TV, no upgrading no taking the thing apart and plugging in things and installing things, once again I'm a consumer not a hobbyist.

If these things can be had let me know, if not stop telling me PC is superior because for what I want it simply isn't.
Well ummm, number 2 applies to console games too now as the lines are being blurred. #1 is mostly true (if not at max then on the level right under that..usually "High"). #3 is also true, you only need to plug up an HDMI cord, the power cord, mouse, and keyboard, and you're set.

Anerythristic said:

get a friend who will and problem solved. And to say the Xbox/ps3/wii are all troubleshooting free is asinine

kpop100 said:
No but I'd laugh at someone who drives a corolla if they posted on a driving enthusiast forum.

Massa

jim-jam bongs said:
No but I'd laugh at someone who drives a corolla I'd they posted on a driving enthusiast forum.

What? There are several forums on the internet for car enthusiasts who don't own Ferrari's.

Of course, childish behavior can be found there too. Threads like this are not exclusive to GAF or gaming forums.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
I really wish I could go through the post history of some people and find how many trolled the Wii this gen. Pretty interesting now that the PS3/360 are in the same exact situation, but suddenly trolling is a sin.

Brofist

jim-jam bongs said:
No but I'd laugh at someone who drives a corolla if they posted on a driving enthusiast forum.
True, but what I'm saying is this thread is the equivalent of "My Ferarri will smoke your shitbox Corolla!!1" when it should be more "Well the Corolla is a decent choice for someone on a budget, if performance is not your main concern" ;)

Kujo

I use my 360 on my PC monitor and a 360 controller for my PC. I think I'm some kind of master race peasant hybrid

I've said it before and I'll say it again: PC gamers do to 360/PS3 owners the same goddamn thing that 360/PS3 owners do to Wii owners.

Seniors: Master Race
Juniors: PS3/360 crowd
Freshman: Wii gamers

Rorschach

Is this thread because PC "gamers" are jealous that Crysis is coming out for 360 with improved lighting and effects? It's ok, guys, maybe you can run it if you spend another 3 grand on your PC... in 5 years when the tech catches up if studios still feel like developing for your platform.

Its like we are in the Twilight Zone. It strange that they don't understand that they are in some sub-sect of gamers that while not any more or less important are very specialized.

Alot of people don't want to research building a gaming machine out of individual parts of hardware and software that has to be individually priced and researched for each individual part over multiple websites. People don't went to have to get those parts shipped to them and them put this machine together properly by hand installing each individual piece properly, installing the software properly etc. Then undergoing any needed hardware and software troubleshooting and tweeking, just to keep the cost down.

Or some peole simply don't want to spent the $800- $1000 dollars for a pre built mid level gaming machine.

Also the troubleshooting for a console is like nowhere near the troubleshooting that is required for a PC with some odd ass compatibility issue. Get real.

see5harp

weekend_warrior said:
and claimed their Corolla was better then a Ferrari because "driving ride > aesthetics"

Because every one yelling foul based on the OP is claiming that Battlefield 3 will perform better on console?

Anerythristic said:
Its like we are in the Twilight Zone. It strange that they don't understand that they are in some sub-sect of gamers that while not any more or less important are very specialized.

Alot of people don't want to research building a gaming machine out of individual parts of hardware and software that has to be individually priced and researched for each individual part over multiple websites. People don't went to have to get those parts shipped to them and them put this machine together properly by hand installing each individual piece properly, installing the software properly etc. Then undergoing any needed hardware and software troubleshooting and tweeking, just to keep the cost down.

Or some peole simply don't want to spent the $800- $1000 dollars for a pre built mid level gaming machine.

Also the troubleshooting for a console is like nowhere near the troubleshooting that is required for a PC with some odd ass compatibility issue. Get real.

Speaking of research, it looks like you haven't done any in 6 years.

Most of us just use newegg.com Or custom rig sites like cyberpowerpc.

Mid level PC @ $1000? Really? I just went to cyberpower pc and grabbed this:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Quad_Core_Configurator/
with a 6970HD. $900. Done. I just future proofed my hardware for 5 years easily. In 2 minutes tops.

Can't say I've dealt with compatibility issues in the last few years. Oh right, this one time I couldn't run Dirt 2 because I didn't have OpenAl installed. That was a rather painful one minute to deal with.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
IchigoSharingan said:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: PC gamers do to 360/PS3 owners the same goddamn thing that 360/PS3 owners do to Wii owners.

Seniors: Master Race
Juniors: PS3/360 crowd
Freshman: Wii gamers

In the interest of fairness, DICE should announce a Wii version so 360/PS3 gamers have something to troll.

The best part about all of this is once the game is out, 360 and PS3 gamers will be at each others throats over barely noticeable differences between the two versions, all the while telling PC gamers that graphics don't matter. You know, the same thing that happened with Crysis 2.

Kabouter

IchigoSharingan said:
Speaking of research, it looks like you haven't done any in 6 years.

Most of us just use newegg.com Or custom rig sites like cyberpowerpc.

Mid level PC @ $1000? Really? I just went to cyberpower pc and grabbed this:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/AMD_Quad_Core_Configurator/
with a 6970HD. $900. Done. I just future proofed my hardware for 5 years easily. In 2 minutes tops.
So many cases, and not one you could actually put in your living room.

TURNCLOAK

Banned
NOBODY WOULD GIVE A HUNK OF SHIT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS IF THEY WOULD JUST LET YOU BE ABLE TO SNIPE A PILOT OUT OF HIS COCKPIT...

Ysiadmihi said:
In the interest of fairness, DICE should announce a Wii version so 360/PS3 gamers have something to troll.

The best part about all of this is once the game is out, 360 and PS3 gamers will be at each others throats over barely noticeable differences between the two versions, all the while telling PC gamers that graphics don't matter. You know, the same thing that happens with every multiplat release.

LOL! So fucking true. And at Gaf, of course.

and...fixed

starok

Banned
And console trolling from PC GAF continues...
Funny that if you try to troll PC you'll get ban in less than 10 minutes.

TURNCLOAK said:
NOBODY WOULD GIVE A HUNK OF SHIT ABOUT THE GRAPHICS IF THEY WOULD JUST LET YOU BE ABLE TO SNIPE A PILOT OUT OF HIS COCKPIT...

Er, you can.

Edit: Before you ask me for a source, I believe a dev confirmed it on Twitter. Check the main thread maybe.

Anerythristic said:

800 to 1,00 dollars is not mid level, it's high level. and umber the standard for PC is what you make of it. if you want a game box, go buy a console. don't turn the PC into something it's not.

So many cases, and not one you could actually put in your living room.

try harder.

Facism

soulassssns said:
Only if you spend the $$$$ on the hardware. Every PC is not the same as we all know.

my £350, 3 year old PC ran the alpha at 30+ frames. And it looked better. Shit it runs most things at full whack at a decent framerate.

$$$$ spent indeed.

Top Bottom