• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus Uprising |OT| On a Wing and a Prayer

Korosenai

Yea same here, but really, I just want to play anybody lol.

I wish these teams would hurry up and play, i'd like to get in round 3 this weekend.

PKrockin

Whats with the "?"gems, what are those for?

The weapon inside the gem is one you haven't unlocked yet.

Some weird thing where instead of doing a normal dash that goes like 2m or whatever, he basically slides around an enemy, ending up on the opposite side from where he started. I was just playing before and looked at the the Dodging video in How To Play to see what it says, and the "dash while reticule on enemy" is not the big 180 slide I'm talking about. I can't find any mention of it in the game.

You talking about when you press L and Pit approaches the enemy sort of sliding in a frozen animation until he gets within range and attacks? I think that's just a quirk of the melee attack's auto-targeting/auto-positioning system. Seems to happen a lot with clubs for some reason.

Dr.Hadji

lol at this guy in the NWR tournament

"Funny story
You know those team heroes? Well their leader amanzio kept bragging about how his team was gonna win and all. Kept saying things like "this is the end of your journey, prepare to loose you unlucky medusa underling." So I came up with this plan: I got some extra registered friends to join the tourney to replace his teammates lol! Funny he didn't leave the matches, he said he was waiting for his teammates to come. I got my extra pals to make it seem like their trying, and then loose on purpose on his team.

I'm sure this is aloud, the rules say that as long as the team leaders are battling, none of it matters. Well, i'm gonna keep this up throughout the rest of the tourney. If this works throughout the finals, this will be the BEST method to win EVERY tournament!

Don't classify me as cheating, classify me as a GENIUS. (If you want to jump in the tourney with me and help screw the other team up, e-mail me at adarkdreamer@gmail.com). I will be sure to let you get free 2 eshop games also.

Peace."

Ok. KirbyKid is my brother. Hes on my team. We played this afternoon. My brother, me, and our other teammate have NO ACCOUNTS on their forum. We weren't even aware that they had a forum. We played our match at 2pm this afternoon, we won 3 out of the 4 games, called it a day and went to go the The Avengers. When we got back, we saw that all this has happened. We are trying to sort things out with the organizers right now. We believe that someone from the other team as impersonated us on the forum and is trying to through our win into question.

This is beyond amazing. Can't believe they would stoop this low.

*edit* Looks like the organizers cleared our names.

Korosenai

Ok. KirbyKid is my brother. Hes on my team. We played this afternoon. My brother, me, and our other teammate have NO ACCOUNTS on their forum. We weren't even aware that they had a forum. We played our match at 2pm this afternoon, we won 3 out of the 4 games, called it a day and went to go the The Avengers. When we got back, we saw that all this has happened. We are trying to sort things out with the organizers right now. We believe that someone from the other team as impersonated us on the forum and is trying to through our win into question.

Wow that's crazy. Thinking about it now, it makes sense someone would do that. No one is that stupid as to post that they cheated on the comments section for everybody to see.

As long as you have the picture proof of the post game scoreboard with your team and all of your names, and their team and all of their names, you should be good.

That's awful. If anyone ever did something like that to me or one of my compatriots, I would track down and Hi-Jump Kick the individual responsible. If you need me to vouch for your brother (he seemed pretty cool in the matches I played with him), I'd be happy to.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano

*edit* Looks like the organizers cleared our names.

I'm glad you guys got it sorted out with the reps. It's a shame some people have to act so petty over something like this.

Dr.Hadji

Now that this is all over and I can look back at the situation their plan WAS pretty genius. Everyone didn't hesitate to blame us. It was like bizzaro world. That was pretty awesome. Cool tourney.

Korosenai

Now that this is all over and I can look back at the situation their plan WAS pretty genius. Everyone didn't hesitate to blame us. It was like bizzaro world. That was pretty awesome. Cool tourney.
If they could have somehow disabled your cameras they would have gotten away with it lol.

Good job getting your names cleared! I just took a look at the comments for the tournament and dang... those are some seriously ticked-off and vindictive people.

Anyways, now that THAT'S over, you guys need to make it to the final round of the tournament so we can have an epic GAF grudgematch! Our battle will be LEGENDARY!

Korosenai

Good job getting your names cleared! I just took a look at the comments for the tournament and dang... those are some seriously ticked-off and vindictive people.

Anyways, now that THAT'S over, you guys need to make it to the final round of the tournament so we can have an epic GAF grudgematch! Our battle will be LEGENDARY!

Agreed. It would be a lot of fun. But first, we must deal with team Triforce.

nron10

Neo Member
As the NWR organizer, I can't express my apology to the affected team anymore. I'm just dumbfounded that someone would stoop that low.

Every team left seems to be not be a douche, so it should be very fun. :)

Eh, that's debatable.

It will definitely be interested, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fare against Trifarce.

On that note, would you guys be available for a practice round tomorrow? I recently crafted an awesome Kraken Arm, Cursed Palm and Optic Blade and I wanted to see how they fare in a real battle. I'd also reccomend using voicechat for our next two matches, especially if the other teams are playing in the same room.

Korosenai

As the NWR organizer, I can't express my apology to the affected team anymore. I'm just dumbfounded that someone would stoop that low.

Im glad it all got worked out. A minor hiccup in an otherwise awesome tournament.

Eh, that's debatable.

It will definitely be interested, though. I'm looking forward to seeing how we fare against Trifarce.

On that note, would you guys be available for a practice round tomorrow? I recently crafted an awesome Kraken Arm, Cursed Palm and Optic Blade and I wanted to see how they fare in a real battle. I'd also reccomend using voicechat for our next two matches, especially if the other teams are playing in the same room.

Id be down for that, and we can voice chat through steam, right? Ill need to see if i can find a headset laying around somewhere.

Id be down for that, and we can voice chat through steam, right? Ill need to see if i can find a headset laying around somewhere.

Yeah, you just need to click the arrow in the upper right corner of the chatbox during a group chat and select "voice chat." You can bind it to a key, or you can set it to transmit whenever you speak.

Korosenai

Yeah, you just need to click the arrow in the upper right corner of the chatbox during a group chat and select "voice chat." You can bind it to a key, or you can set it to transmit whenever you speak.
Alright, cool.

Yea, we will definitely be needing that, especially if one of us is in trouble and needs help or something.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This guy did a really cool 2D Uprising mock-up. I can almost feel the Mode 7

7xTXk.png

Korosenai

Wow that's epic.

Plus, from NWR bracket comments

"KirbyKid

KirbyKid tried to get away with cheating. I apologize for risking the jeopardy of my team by making trying to make the team look even worse in the comments. They were already punished for the cheap method for replacing the opponents teammates with real life fit-ins. I should have stayed calm... Next time someone cheats in a tournament such as this, I will let the mods handle it. Let this be a lesson to all whom defy the law of gaming tournaments. We shall continue along the tourney at peace, for this is about fun! Now lets focus back on the tournament, I wonder whom we will be fighting in the semi-finals? I'm with Marcus, TEAM TRIFORCE, we challenge thee!

-Kai Maaaaan"

jackie-chan-wtf.png

Isn't Kai (from team Zeroes) the one who impersonated kirbykid, and the one getting disqualified, with Dr. Hadji and his team advancing?

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Wow that's epic.

Plus, from NWR bracket comments

"KirbyKid

KirbyKid tried to get away with cheating. I apologize for risking the jeopardy of my team by making trying to make the team look even worse in the comments. They were already punished for the cheap method for replacing the opponents teammates with real life fit-ins. I should have stayed calm... Next time someone cheats in a tournament such as this, I will let the mods handle it. Let this be a lesson to all whom defy the law of gaming tournaments. We shall continue along the tourney at peace, for this is about fun! Now lets focus back on the tournament, I wonder whom we will be fighting in the semi-finals? I'm with Marcus, TEAM TRIFORCE, we challenge thee!

-Kai Maaaaan"

jackie-chan-wtf.png

Isn't Kai the one who impersonated kirbykid, and the one getting disqualified, with Dr. Hadji and his team advancing?

This is so confusing. Maybe the bracket sheet is messed up?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just played my first Light vs. Dark online match.

I was armed with a Hydra Claw, and while I didn't know exactly what was going on, my team won, I had the most points, and I acquired the Bonus Item, a pretty powerful bow.

:)

Roto13

Just played my first Light vs. Dark online match.

I was armed with a Hydra Claw, and while I didn't know exactly what was going on, my team won, I had the most points, and I acquired the Bonus Item, a pretty powerful bow.

:)

When I first started playing I got a really good Rose Staff from Light vs. Dark with like 4.5 ranged and +3 defense or something, and I still use it in single player. You can get some pretty great shit early on from multiplayer.

nron10

Neo Member
For anyone that ever says any unkind words about GAF, let it be known that people like Team Heroes exist.

I've been going back and forth with them all day, and it took them about 5 instances of me saying "you're disqualified" before they accepted it. And then they tried to hack KirbyKid's e-mail address.

The final four are almost set:
IcarusGAF
Winner of Tri-Force and the Returners
Wombo Combo
KirbyKid and co.

Wombo Combo requested delaying their match until later in the week because one of their team members is out of town. Looks like next weekend will be the finals.

I'll readjust my earlier statement about the remaining people not being douches. The remaining people, at the very least, all play well with others, and won't try to impersonate members of the other team. I hope.

Dr.Hadji

Wow. Now the tourney organizer is being spammed with emails from someone pretending to be my brother. These kids (yes we talked over the phone, they're kids) are sure something.

*edit* just a tad too late

For anyone that ever says any unkind words about GAF, let it be known that people like Team Heroes exist.

I've been going back and forth with them all day, and it took them about 5 instances of me saying "you're disqualified" before they accepted it. And then they tried to hack KirbyKid's e-mail address.

The final four are almost set:
IcarusGAF
Winner of Tri-Force and the Returners
Wombo Combo
KirbyKid and co.

Wombo Combo requested delaying their match until later in the week because one of their team members is out of town. Looks like next weekend will be the finals.

I'll readjust my earlier statement about the remaining people not being douches. The remaining people, at the very least, all play well with others, and won't try to impersonate members of the other team. I hope.

Wow. These people have leveled up to Super Infinity Mega Jerks. You sure at least one of 'em isn't Magic Man?

Oh, by the way, are you still planning on doing those Round 1 and 2 comment articles? Our team has some things we'd like to say...

Korosenai

Ok this is just getting stupid. I was on my iphone, and look at that, and email from Neal titled "Disqualified". I was like, umm, what did I do?

I read the message and this is what it said

"Hey,

So we checked the IP addresses and it appears you made the KirbyKid forum account. Your team name will be removed from the bracket by 5/8.

That is beyond low. You do not pass go. You don't collect $200. You do not move on to the next round.

Best,

Neal R."

I was like WTF, I didn't do it, it was those other kids, so I checked the bottom and it said

"Sent using hoaxMail - hoaxMail.co.uk" sent from justinscrub@yahoo.com

So these scumbags somehow got my e-mail, and then spammed me as if they were Neal saying we were disqualified.

Neal, if you could please just remove my e-mail from anymore e-mails, i'll send in a replacement one tonight.

EDIT: I think they got it when you sent out the email to everyone asking for round 1 quotes.

Ok this is just getting stupid. I was one my iphone, and look at that, and email from Neal titled "Disqualified". I was like, umm, what did I do?

I read the message and this is what it said

"Hey,

So we checked the IP addresses and it appears you made the KirbyKid forum account. Your team name will be removed from the bracket by 5/8.

That is beyond low. You do not pass go. You don't collect $200. You do not move on to the next round.

Best,

Neal R."

I was like WTF, I didn't do it, it was those other kids.

So I checked the bottom and it said

"Sent using hoaxMail - hoaxMail.co.uk" sent from justinscrub@yahoo.com

So these scumbags somehow got my e-mail, and then spammed me as if they were Neal saying we were disqualified.

Hey guys, I did some recconnaisance and I found pictures of all 3 members of Heroes! Check it out:

enhanced-buzz-14954-1296670473-11.jpg

Magic_Man.png

pgary8.jpg

nron10

Neo Member
I actually contacted hoaxmail, since they say their service is just for pranking. This ain't pranking.

Sorry your e-mail got compromised by crazy people.

Also, lol at the pictures of them.

I actually contacted hoaxmail, since they say their service is just for pranking. This ain't pranking.

Sorry your e-mail got compromised by crazy people.

Also, lol at the pictures of them.

Hmm, it seems that I recieved the DISQUALIFIED email too...

Did I ever submit my email to you guys? Or did they obtain it using witchcraft?

Anteo

So I just came back from a friend house, we had some lan FFA in Kid Icarus, man it was AMAZING, this game is 10 tiems better in local. Sadly we counldn't do a 3vs3 LvD or FFA since 3 of the guys got the game today.

So two of them were playin Revelations Raid mode, and the other one played with us 3 who had the game for a week. He was using the First Blade, yeah that first weapon. It's incredible how much a low level weapon can do in this game (100 dmg no stars no attributes). He got second a couple of times and got some awesome weapons in the process before we decided to play MK7.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
got game today

hands are slowly turning into claws...

Took me about five hours to loose up to the controls. I used the stand almost exclusively, especially for the ground parts. Even if you find the controls never click, it's still worth playing through for the dialogue. :p

jokkir

I got the game Friday. Anyone up for some games? You host because I'm not too sure how online works right now >__>

FC is:

5241-1995-3705

Top Bottom