• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sunset Overdrive EDGE info blowout, with more coming tomorrow

Vestal

Gold Member
yeap, infamous carbon copy right here

SunsetOverdrive_herker.jpg

Sunset_Overdrive_Herker_2.jpg

:D

Look at all those beanies!!!

OMG, this game reminds me a lot of infamous, but that is not a bad thing. If this is more frenetic and really fun then I will get it...

I would love for a game to go back and capture what made infamous 1 so great, so if this game does it then I will be very happy.

anddo0

Looks a hell of a lot like Infamous. Which isn't a bad thing. But, this comparison will be made over the next couple whether people like it or not.. That being said, Insomniac looks like they have rebounded nicely.

Harlequin

I really don't like that weird train/tail showing up behind him when he jumps or glides through the air. Other than that it looks pretty cool.

ObiDin

This looks nothing like Infamous to me, though it does look a lot like Crackdown. And that's a very good thing!

Raide

Some really interesting mixes of gameplay there. Infamous for sure but with lashings of Crackdown and Jet Set Radio. Really like the movement. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks!

I like how colorful it looks to be sure, I hope there are other enemy colors, I can see bright orange getting dull very quickly, this is one to watch out for, not mind blowing but definitely not fuse, which is a step in the right direction.

hawk2025

This looks amazing. I am so happy to see insomniac look to be back. Man XB1 is killing it so far this gen.

They never left. 90% of their output last gen was fantastic.

I don't understand how people (even Insomniac?) are reacting to the Infamous comparisons. It's a great, great reference and something to be proud of, not the opposite!

MercuryLS

Banned
Good job MS for teaming up with insomniac to make this. This looks awesome. A few games of this caliber and I don't think I'd be able to resist picking up an XB1 at some point.

RdN

Is the city completely made of enemies? Like, there's no pedestrians, traffic and stuff like that?

Some really interesting mixes of gameplay there. Infamous for sure but with lashings of Crackdown and Jet Set Radio. Really like the movement. Hopefully it plays as good as it looks!

The hoards of enemies remind me of the Grim levels in Resistance 3, which were stupid fun to play.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I am interested. Looks good.

I still need to go back and play Resistance 3.

Speaking of which, who owns Resistance? Is a Definitive Trilogy on PS4 or even XBO possible? Or is the series effectively scorched Earth?

Is the city completely made of enemies? Like, there's no pedestrians, traffic and stuff like that?

It may be, not sure, but it makes a lot more sense in this case considering that a whole town or city likely got infected by that energy drink called overcharge.

Sydle

Looks a hell of a lot like Infamous. Which isn't a bad thing. But, this comparison will be made over the next couple whether people like it or not.. That being said, Insomniac looks like they have rebounded nicely.

The infamous comparisons are shallow. I suppose it indicates you didn't play Crackdown, because this has a much stronger Crackdown vibe, which pre-dates Infamous (and I played both).

Coconut

Banned
Anyone anticipating that at E3 they drop a bomb and announce this will be a f2p game, based on how much they are talking about how customizable your character is and how you'll have fun no matter how much time you put into the game?

KaiserBecks

Looks fantastic. This game wasn't even on my radar and now I really can't wait to play it.

Anyone anticipating that at E3 they drop a bomb and announce this will be a f2p game, based on how much they are talking about how customizable your character is and how you'll have fun no matter how much time you put into the game?

The new video has a packshot of the game. Doubt it'll be f2p.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Heavy inFamous vibe from this, especially in the powerline traversal and massive enemies. Don't recall seeing that in Crackdown. Regardless, this looks like a lot of fun.

edit: wooot it's finally up on iTunes!

Coconut

Banned
Looks fantastic. This game wasn't even on my radar and now I really can't wait to play it.

The new video has a packshot of the game. Doubt it'll be f2p.

Full price AND lots of microtransactions I predict then. I'm not saying it's a bad thing I'm just saying.

Volcane

Looks like a fun game. Fast and frenetic. Shame that I probably won't be buying an Xbox One. Maybe see what E3 has to offer, that might change my mind.

Colbert

Banned
We have 3 threads now about Sunset Overdrive. Maybe time for consolidating all threads into a single one.

Where are you, moderators?

Heavy inFamous vibe from this, especially in the powerline traversal and massive enemies. Don't recall seeing that in Crackdown. Regardless, this looks like a lot of fun.

edit: wooot it's finally up on iTunes!

To me it looks like inFamous met Saints Row and had a little baby with a middle name of R&C. IMO.

Darksol

The animations seem a little janky while wall running and power line traversing. Still looks fun though. On my radar.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Animations look kinda weird(wall running, grinding seem stiff) but it kinda reminds me of Crackdown in the sense that I highly doubt I'll notice or even care when I'm actually playing, as it looks like a lot of fun.

Top Bottom