• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call Of Duty: Black Ops |Sep 1st Reveal|

RiverBed said:
So what are the main modes besides SP/MP/Zombies? Do they have something similar to Spec Ops?
Gun Game should be classed as it's own type, such an awesome mode in any game which uses the rules.

snap0212

maximum360 said:
That's a big negative if quick-scoping is back in. It's one of the main things that makes MW2 broken.
No. How does quick-scoping break the game? Because you can't do it and other can, so you feel that it's unfair? There's absolutely no reason to say quick-scoping is cheap or that it breaks the game.

zaidr

snap0212 said:
No. How does quick-scoping break the game? Because you can't do it and other can, so you feel that it's unfair? There's absolutely no reason to say quick-scoping is cheap or that it breaks the game.

Not this again...

snap0212

zaidr said:
Not this again...
Sorry, I haven't read the whole Thread. Could you link me to the part where it's talked about?

Anyways: From what I've heard the quick-scoping was fine in the Beta...

Dina said:
Sticks and stones looks soooo awful. Only wager match type I don't like.

Agreed. I'm actually most psyched for One in the Chamber. I loved playing miniscule health Magnums in MW2; this bring back memories of doing that for hours with friends.

Rain is making the bus just creep along; I'll post the OT once I make it into work and check out Xux's info on the last zombie map (the last piece of info I was missing - just in time!).

Xater

I am mostly excited for Gun Game.

I have a question though, can Gun Game just be played as a wager match? And if that is the case can we pick the kind of wage rmatch we want to paly or is that random?

Xater said:
I am mostly excited for Gun Game.

I have a question though, can Gun Game just be played as a wager match? And if that is the case can we pick the kind of wage rmatch we want to paly or is that random?

There are three tiers of wager matches, eac with increasing buy-ins and payouts. The first two tiers allow you to choose the mode. The final, highest stakes game, does not.

Xater

divisionbyzorro said:
There are three tiers of wager matches, eac with increasing buy-ins and payouts. The first two tiers allow you to choose the mode. The final, highest stakes game, does not.

Ah ok. So if I want to just play a couple rounds of Gun Game I can do that by playing low stake games. I gues that's alright. I still would like to see them doing a plalist without wager.

zaidr

.nimrod said:
They're captured at 60fps (the framerate the game renders at) and most other videos are 30fps, probably to save some bandwidth.

Ah, thank you. So I should expect the game to look that smooth in reality. Great!

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
divisionbyzorro said:

Nice! I was worried that it would all be random. I'll give One in the Chamber a try for sure. Gun Game can suck it though. :D

zaidr

I'd like to get a feel for what the PC version of this game is going to be like, now that there are dedicated servers. From my experience with TF2 (only other multiplayer shooter I have for PC), would most servers be dedicated to one map? What about farming? I know there are achievement farming servers that people join for just that. Would that be allowed, since that is kind of a large part of the game? That would kind of ruin wager matches...

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
zaidr said:
I'd like to get a feel for what the PC version of this game is going to be like, now that there are dedicated servers. From my experience with TF2 (only other multiplayer shooter I have for PC), would most servers be dedicated to one map? What about farming? I know there are achievement farming servers that people join for just that. Would that be allowed, since that is kind of a large part of the game? That would kind of ruin wager matches...
They were rarely servers in MW1 that were dedicated to one map. They mostly had full rotations. Plus i assume most of the ranked servers in here would be forced to have a rotation of some kind.

zaidr

Lafiel said:
They were rarely servers in MW1 that were dedicated to one map. They mostly had full rotations. Plus i assume most of the ranked servers in here would be forced to have a rotation of some kind.

And farming is out of the question, right? CP only earned in Ranked matches, maybe? Which all have more restrictions than just social matches?

Erasus

zaidr said:

I imagine it would be like BFBadCompany 2. Its going to say in the name "Atacama Desert 24/7". But most servers will probably have full rotations.

I'm about to post it now. What do you think? Subtitle? Or no subtitle?

I could be boring:
"Call of Duty: Black Ops |OT|"

But will more likely go with
"CoD Black Ops |OT| Always Bet On Black"

Any preferences?

amar212

divisionbyzorro said:

I could be boring:

Any preferences?

You could pretty much have it covered by "Call of Duty: Black Ops |OT| Once you go Black you'll never go Back"

But I'm not sure how will it sound outside of my Euroland.

Najaf

divisionbyzorro said:

I could be boring:

Any preferences?

Always bet on Black. Yes please.

LegoDad

Top Bottom