• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Yeah, I still autorun Special missions and Dark Dimension for shifter bios. Everything else is instant clear.

I really hope that WB bonus disappearance is a result of not enough people playing the BO bosses or a glitch, as opposed to a terrible design.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Something I've noticed fighting Quicksilver world boss, he isn't a supervillain so your +10% dmg to supervillain strikers don't work, nor does Coulson.

Something I've noticed fighting Quicksilver world boss, he isn't a supervillain so your +10% dmg to supervillain strikers don't work, nor does Coulson.

Oh, of course, duh. That didn't cross my mind. Wondered why my damage was so low haha. Thanks.

What's best to use on him, Ignore Dodge?

Congrats, you made me feel really fucking dumb, because it’s obvious and I had missed it. Then again, I’ve been favoring energy attack strikers lately (and “when attacking”). Jean is phenomenal in that regard, thanks to her latest buff.

With all these clear tickets and now they opened up more ways to use them on stages any real reason why I should be auto running say story or something and not just using the tickets? I remember way back it was an issue but doesn't seem like it is now other than not getting XP from the stages.

I still run special and story for uniform exp and shifters.

What team and what strikers? I find it difficult to believe anybody can get it done in under 30 seconds.

Native T2s can easily do it in under 15 seconds. Can't speak for the rest. You want two dodge ignore strikers, and three phys/energy damage strikers (one of which would be Strange when you're not using him).

Using Beast or Warwolf's buff + Daisy is a good way to cheese the unlock challenge as well.

The Kree

Banned
It takes at a minimum 10 seconds just to get the first attack to land with literally anybody. That means I'm supposed to kill him in 5 seconds. Kill a World Boss who immediately jumps into iframes in 5 seconds.

Stupid fucking requirement.

Yeah, if the proc goes off, you're golden! Managed to get it with Sharon (Star-Lord Lead and Sin). Start with shield (cancel it) and then hit the 5. If the proc goes off during the 5, hit the 4. Done. It's a lot faster than you realize.

Also, as your roster gets beefier, you will notice that you can melt most of the WB bosses in 15 seconds. Black Dwarf, for example, I can beat in an average of 7-10 seconds with multiple teams. The requirement may sound ridiculous but it's doable.

The Kree

Banned
My roster is fucking amazing. It's Quicksilver that's the problem.

Hit Sharon's 2 skill, gets cancelled.

Hit her 5 skill, gets cancelled.

His her 4 skill, gets cancelled.

My roster is fucking amazing. It's Quicksilver that's the problem.

Hit Sharon's 2 skill, gets cancelled.

Hit her 5 skill, gets cancelled.

His her 4 skill, gets cancelled.

Hmmm... I would start with the 3 skill. Never tried that rotation before. try starting with shield, immediately hit the 5 after the shield effect starts (you will be in iframe and should be able to do it before QS is able to cancel you).

How is her Attack Speed?

Interesting addition, though not for us veterans. They're adding FRIDAY as a tutorial/help character. Seems like an update tease and a good sign that part 2 of the update will be dropping next week.

1505961786387.jpg

Sinatar

I did the quicksilver in 15 seconds with Wolverine and this was with a bunch of 10% dmg strikers that weren't working.

So it's definitely doable.

Wonder where I'm going wrong then. I couldn't even do it in under 30 seconds with Jean or Strange using 2 ignore dodge/3 energy strikers and team bonuses etc.

Sinatar

He probably has ridiculous cards in that video.

With Wolverine I used beast as a leader, did his 6* buff (which transfers when you swap War Wolf style) swapped to Wolv and Quick got rocked in 13 seconds.

My cards are absolute trash.

Wonder where I'm going wrong then. I couldn't even do it in under 30 seconds with Jean or Strange using 2 ignore dodge/3 energy strikers and team bonuses etc.

For me it comes down to timing the team up strike and wolverine 5* attack right to maximize the damage while QS is locked down by Doctor Strange's time stop.

Sagatron

Neo Member
damn 16s quicksilver clear and i messed up bad. almost got it.

I just did this today, so I used the (T1) She Hulk(L), (T2) Warwolf, (T2) Wolverine.

As soon as the match begins switch to Warwolf, use his 5 skill.
Then switch to Wolverine and go to town.

Finished it in 12s.

Mrcapcom

I just did this today, so I used the (T1) She Hulk(L), (T2) Warwolf, (T2) Wolverine.

As soon as the match begins switch to Warwolf, use his 5 skill.
Then switch to Wolverine and go to town.

Finished it in 12s.

Gotta focus on getting She Hulk and Warwolf up for 12s. I have been beating him with T2 Antivenom which is amazing against him, the heals just keep coming and is bar just keeps going down.

Just beat with Sharon/Silk/SpiderGwen Strikers GwenPool/IronMan2099/AntiVenom/HoboSpidey/ElsaCostume

Sharon did most of the damage then Silk finished him off

Just tried Beast (L), Wolverine, and Captain America. Start with Beast 5 skill, switch to Wolverine and did 4 -> 5. 14 seconds.

Also did Sharon Rogers, She-Hulk (L), and Daisy. Daisy buff, swap to Sharon, 3c -> 5 -> 4. 10 seconds! That was intense.

Also did Sharon Rogers, She-Hulk (L), and Daisy. Daisy buff, swap to Sharon, 3c -> 5 -> 4. 10 seconds! That was intense.

10 seconds?! I just tried this method and it took a minute. I’m stumped. My cards etc can’t be THAT bad. Where am I going wrong?
Which Daisy buff do you mean, her 3 skill?

And I can’t try the Beast thing as I haven’t got him to 6 stars yet.

10 seconds?! I just tried this method and it took a minute. I’m stumped. My cards etc can’t be THAT bad. Where am I going wrong?
Which Daisy buff do you mean, her 3 skill?

And I can’t try the Beast thing as I haven’t got him to 6 stars yet.

Oh, I should have mentioned my Sharon has a DMG proc obelisk. When that proc goes off after Daisy's buff, he just melts. And yeah, I meant her 3 skill. My cards are okay. If you want to check them, my ign is CecilMcW00t.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Who can use the alliance points in alliance conquest, only the leader, or class 1 members? We have ~545,000 saved up. Being able to use the abilities would probably make it easier.

Alo0oy

Banned
Can someone explain the uniform upgrade system? Do I need all 5 uniforms to get all bonuses? Or do I only need the one that I'm choosing? And is upgrading that particular uniform help?

Can someone explain the uniform upgrade system? Do I need all 5 uniforms to get all bonuses? Or do I only need the one that I'm choosing? And is upgrading that particular uniform help?
You’ll get +2% attack / +2% def for each level of the uni you’re upgrading, and you’ll get a rerollable bonus slot for each matching uni you own.

For example, on the Strange uni:

- at level 1, your uni bonus is +12% attack/def instead of +10%. If you own She-Hulk uni, you’ll get a bonus “option”, which you can roll between attack speed, movement, SCD, crowd control or dodge. It gets more devious as the value of that bonus itself will depend on the level of your She-Hulk uni. If it’s unupgraded, you’ll get values in the 468-522 range. That range will increase as you upgrade the She-Hulk uni.

- at level 2, the uni bonus will be +14% attack/def, and you’ll get a bonus slot for owning the Bucky Cap uni. The options are not the same in this second slot, they’re HP, Energy Attack, Energy Def, Phys Attack, Phys Def.

Basically, they’ve made a whale oriented, late late game system, that offers synergies between purchases, and is a huge resource sinkhole. The option mechanic essentially reproduces the way character gear bonuses used to work.

(Thanos has larger phys/def increments AFAIK)

Edit: hooray! With Vulture, I should be 6*ing my last non-native T2 character tomorrow! I guess 17/17/17/17 for everyone is the next step (the 17 -> 20 part is the long one). That and finishing 6* masteries. Fucking punch Norn Stones, man.

Alo0oy

Banned
You’ll get +2% attack / +2% def for each level of the uni you’re upgrading, and you’ll get a rerollable bonus slot for each matching uni you own.

For example, on the Strange uni:

- at level 1, your uni bonus is +12% attack/def instead of +10%. If you own She-Hulk uni, you’ll get a bonus “option”, which you can roll between attack speed, movement, SCD, crowd control or dodge. It gets more devious as the value of that bonus itself will depend on the level of your She-Hulk uni. If it’s unupgraded, you’ll get values in the 468-522 range. That range will increase as you upgrade the She-Hulk uni.

- at level 2, the uni bonus will be +14% attack/def, and you’ll get a bonus slot for owning the Bucky Cap uni. The options are not the same in this second slot, they’re HP, Energy Attack, Energy Def, Phys Attack, Phys Def.

Basically, they’ve made a whale oriented, late late game system, that offers synergies between purchases, and is a huge resource sinkhole. The option mechanic essentially reproduces the way character gear bonuses used to work.

(Thanos has larger phys/def increments AFAIK)

Edit: hooray! With Vulture, I should be 6*ing my last non-native T2 character tomorrow! I guess 17/17/17/17 for everyone is the next step (the 17 -> 20 part is the long one). That and finishing 6* masteries. Fucking punch Norn Stones, man.

And then by the time the uniform is upgraded, they release a new one!

Boo, no update notes till tomorrow it seems. Final tease -

And then by the time the uniform is upgraded, they release a new one!

Some characters you just know won't get a new uniform for a while, so they're fine to upgrade. Kid Kaiju for example. Others like Thanos though (who will no doubt get another, better uniform for IW), I wouldn't invest heavily in.

Alo0oy

Banned
Some characters you just know won't get a new uniform for a while, so they're fine to upgrade. Kid Kaiju for example. Others like Thanos though (who will no doubt get another, better uniform for IW), I wouldn't invest heavily in.

Yeah, characters like Cap and Spidey get a new uniform every ~6 months, it would be a better system if each character gets the same designated 5 uniforms.

Yeah, characters like Cap and Spidey get a new uniform every ~6 months, it would be a better system if each character gets the same designated 5 uniforms.

That would just cap sales for NM, which is a no-no for them. A solution that would work for both players and NM would be to create a transfer system that lets you move your current uniform's rank to another for some moderate cost (say gold, uniform upgrade kits, and debris or something). The cost would be high enough that it discourages constant switching, and still requires owning a new set of uniforms for the bonuses, but at least removes the time and hassle of leveling the new uni along with the hefty bio/other material costs.

Edit: Also going to throw this here as well -

z4wfqnxq63oz.jpg

Posted on reddit with no source, but supposedly a datamined list of Apoc's unlock requirements. Seems like a plausible list, and only has two to three skip-worthy conditions.

Seeing that list, if true, I probably won’t skip anything, as over the course of 15 days, you can spread your daily WB efforts between 1 or 2 SW fights (with QS and/or Cable), 2 Thanos fights, and beat up whoever won’t damage you with the remaining tries. I’m not in a hurry anyway because bios.

Hell, I still have to unlock SW, as I’m lacking gold for Cable ATM.

And yeah, these wolverine fights are going to suck even more. People who don’t get the uni will probably be crewed in TL, though.

Alo0oy

Banned
Should I buy the anniversary pack or the T2 mega pack? The anniversary pack seems to give more value, but insta T2 is tempting.

EDIT: I'll use the mega T2 on a 1 star Agent Venom vs a T2-ready Captain Marvel + 11k crystals.

Should I buy the anniversary pack or the T2 mega pack? The anniversary pack seems to give more value, but insta T2 is tempting.

EDIT: I'll use the mega T2 on a 1 star Agent Venom vs a T2-ready Captain Marvel + 11k crystals.

Dunno if you bought already, but the T2 pack is better for immediate investment and return while the Anniversarg pack is a better one for long term gains. Depends on what you want out of it.

Update live. Apocalypse's requirements are different than the other list. We're looking at a month to unlock him. Because a lot of the requirements are long ones, you'll have to pay big time for an instant unlock.

New login event and gold spending event again.

1506493394087.jpg

1503554744131.jpg

Yeah, that’s a month assuming you clear all your WB stages with 90%+ health. I don’t know how hard this is tbh. Like I probably already do it with Jean, Sharon, Strange or Wolverine without noticing.

Honestly, is anyone going to have the bios sitting around for 6* QS, Cable, SW and then Apoc too? I'd love to rush through for Apoc but chances are I'm going to be stuck half way through leveling SW anyway.

These guys are all going to be the long term slow grind.

Top Bottom