• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cardi B- Bodak Yellow now the #1 Song in America (Billboard Hot 100)

Nice!

Good job removing the part of my post where I explain why I come into these threads. High five! Here's your quote.
If you come into a thread to find new music & instead find it unpalatable, the response shouldn't be responding "it's shit." All it does is meaninglessly fill up a thread with posts refusing to explain why they don't like it or explain their point of view. The point of a message board is discussion. By unilaterally stating your proclamation of "ITS SHIT" and then refusing to engage with someone calling you out on your substanceless post with "lol it's trash I don't pay attention to trash", you look like a goddamn snob who'd rather sit in his comfort zone and judge those who like things you don't like. Fuck that bullshit.

You want to make judgements about things you don't like, you at least owe an explanation otherwise all you do is aggravate people trying to have a discussion and shit up a thread.

Galang

Banned
Yess! Love that she made it and love this song! Female rappers are still extremely passed over, so it's great to see this! The song always gets me hyped up. People that dislike it have no soul tbh

If you come into a thread to find new music & instead find it unpalatable, the response shouldn't be responding "it's shit." All it does is meaninglessly fill up a thread with posts refusing to explain why they don't like it or explain their point of view. The point of a message board is discussion. By unilaterally stating your proclamation of "ITS SHIT" and then refusing to engage with someone calling you out on your substanceless post with "lol it's trash I don't pay attention to trash", you look like a goddamn snob who'd rather sit in his comfort zone and judge those who like things you don't like. Fuck that bullshit.

You want to make judgements about things you don't like, you at least owe an explanation otherwise all you do is aggravate people trying to have a discussion and shit up a thread.

??

I mean he didnt do anything other than state his opinion in this example you laid out.

People not liking the music you like isnt some judgment against you for liking it

You dont need to make it about yourself lmao

Yess! Love that she made it and love this song! Female rappers are still extremely passed over, so it's great to see this! The song always gets me hyped up. People that dislike it have no soul tbh

We def need more prominent female rappers in the game.

Why cant they blow up so we have more interesting sounds in the mix

KingV

Even if you don't like Cardi B and doesn't think she "deserves" a #1 billboard hit, can we
All at least agree this is not as bad as when Baauer's Harlem Shake went #1?

I don’t really like to the song, but definitely agree it’s not the worst thing to be on top of the charts this year.

Bodak Yellow was the summer anthem so congrats to her! Funny but my friends are not into the whole trap scene now despite thats all you hear in NYC along with Latino artists jumping on that wave (we're all 29) and they still bang to the old school music nothing wrong with it.. but imo trap music is just something to bump in the whip and at the club. It's like why would you even analyze a trap song? Lol

Truly funny just watching the change of the guard, just gotta adapt with the times.

You're reading things that aren't there

Good night and good luck!

She aint. She on twitter talking about bullying aint bad cause shes been called Platano all her life and her kids gonna bully soft parents kids. AND THEN the chic was telling people stfu cause they said bullying aint cool lol.

https://imgur.com/a/QA5XE

https://twitter.com/iamcardib/status/911987971661983746

https://twitter.com/iamcardib/status/911988182677323777

Cardi-B-Tweet.jpg

This too. She deleted it but was screenshot.

Everyone is a milkshake duck in the social media era. If you have the mentality that past mistakes can't be forgiven even with apology and or demonstrated changes then you won't have many idols to choose from

Kayhan

Ahahahahhahah that was truly unredeemable shit.

That cass me ousside kid did it better.

What say you, fellow kids?

The is line "he buy me Yves Saint Laurent"

Though it was "he buy me Intel Celeron"

IT at work and PC gaming at home is taking its tole. She deserves at least an i5

kinda catchy imo

thought she was of middle eastern descent at first

reading the title of the song my mind warped it into kodak black and i was shocked he'd have the #1 billboard song

Don't get why there's so much hate.

This song is legitimately better than:

Vanilla Ice - Ice Ice Baby
Coolio - Gangstas Paradise
Snow - Informer
Sir Mix-A-Lot - Baby Got Back
D4L - Laffy Taffy

Anything Flo Rida
Any #1 by Will Smith outside of Summer Time which didnt go #1
Anything 50 Cent
Anything Shaggy
Anything Nelly

KingV

Snow - Informer
D4L - Laffy Taffy

Anything Flo Rida
Anything 50 Cent
Anything Shaggy
Anything Nelly

Come on, there’s no way she’s got bars better than 50. 50 is not a lyrical genius, but I’d rather listen to the theme song from Power on repeat than Bodak Yellow. And frankly how to rob is a classic if for no other reason than how much beef it created with everyone.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your list except for maybe Nelly. He’s had a lot of hits over the years.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
She is like Azealia Banks but a little bit less racist still racist tho
This is insulting to Azealia Banks' extensive legacy of being a terrible person. She didn't do all that shit to be so easily compared to a single tweet by Cardi B.

HiiiLife

Snow - Informer
D4L - Laffy Taffy

Anything Flo Rida
Anything 50 Cent
Anything Shaggy
Anything Nelly

Lock this thread already. Not even the trolls are amusing.

This is a garbage fire. And people are celebrating this shit reaching number one?

Generic beat, turrble lyrics and lazy as fuck flow.

The fact that this "accolade" is seeing her being spoken about in the same breath as Lauryn is a travesty.

Come on, there’s no way she’s got bars better than 50. 50 is not a lyrical genius, but I’d rather listen to the theme song from Power on repeat than Bodak Yellow. And frankly how to rob is a classic if for no other reason than how much beef it created with everyone.

I pretty much agree with the rest of your list except for maybe Nelly. He’s had a lot of hits over the years.

You're looking at his mixtape stuff for references to how good he is

The only singles from 50 Cent to go #1 are "Candy Shop" "21 Questions" "In da club" and "Magic Stick"

Bodak Yellow is better than all of those.

Ross61

You're looking at his mixtape stuff for references to how good he is

The only singles from 50 Cent to go #1 are "Candy Shop" "21 Questions" "In da club" and "Magic Stick"

Bodak Yellow is better than all of those.

Bodak Yellow ain't better than 21 Questions. It's right there with In Da Club tho, I'll concede to that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dont hurt yourself with all that edge
Yeah, witch is far too strong of a term because she isn't really something she supports, just something she has grown to become associated with/appropriated.

Something like idol or darling is probably more accurate.

Top Bottom