• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus listed by Amazon.de for October 27

Not that wishful, honestly. Fallout Obsidian was a joke, but I think we might see Fallout Arcane in that slot, or a new ip from Arcane. The rest are pretty straightforward. Evil Within is getting announced at E3, more evidence pointing to that than Starfield, but Bethesda specifically made a second team at their main studio to avoid the 4 year dev time that Fallout 4 suffered, so I think there's a very good chance that Starfield releases next year, baring any unforeseen catastrophes. I doubt they release Evil within and Starfield near each other, and even with the Halloween bump, a BGS product will fare better in the Fall. Doom 2 and Fallout Arcane are just me spit balling, they might hold off another year on Doom, and Arcane may do Dishonored 3(though I'm thinking not likely).

Oh my. An Arkane Fallout would be amazing!

ArjanN

Have any of those sold incredibly well though?

Wolfenstein TNO is at like 1,5 million owners on Steam and DOOM at about 1,8 million.

Add a couple of million for the console versions, and I'd say they did very well.

DOOM was in development hell (no pun intended) for a while though.

I think one of the biggest things i'm looking forward to with a new Wolfenstein game is the world building. What they did for TNO was just awesome and gave us a much bigger picture of the world it's set in - the initial level with the power difference between the WW2 Allied forces and all that advanced technology, the later levels with the suggestions of the war/resistance continuing in Africa, the posters and signs being for things that seemed like feasible products, the news paper articles, even things like the vehicles and Half tracks felt appropriate and added to the setting. It felt like it went far beyond the depth of world building of most other games, at least that i can remember.

I'm really hoping that they've moved on from id Tech 5 and that they're using 6(.66).
Still gonna be there day 1, The New Order and Old Blood are both absolutely fantastic.

I liked The New Order (only got a little bit in to The Old Blood), I just hope they can retain their surprisingly good writing and music while beefing up the gunplay/sound design and making a boss that isn't garbage.

Not that wishful, honestly. Fallout Obsidian was a joke, but I think we might see Fallout Arcane in that slot, or a new ip from Arcane. The rest are pretty straightforward. Evil Within is getting announced at E3, more evidence pointing to that than Starfield, but Bethesda specifically made a second team at their main studio to avoid the 4 year dev time that Fallout 4 suffered, so I think there's a very good chance that Starfield releases next year, baring any unforeseen catastrophes. I doubt they release Evil within and Starfield near each other, and even with the Halloween bump, a BGS product will fare better in the Fall. Doom 2 and Fallout Arcane are just me spit balling, they might hold off another year on Doom, and Arcane may do Dishonored 3(though I'm thinking not likely).

Arkane-developed Fallout game? Count me in :p

sjay1994

I feel like I'm in the minority on GAF who just thought New Order and Old Blood were mediocre.

I liked the story and tone, but the shooting felt awful and the combat encounters were drab.

Prob cause I played it on console. Will pass.

Evil Within has ads already on reddit. I'm thinking this was an incorrect placeholder, and Evil Within 2 is the fall release, with this in spring. Which would serve both games better imo.

Either that or both launch in the fall, which would sure be something...

200.gif

Kalentan

So what are the chances that
BJ Survived? I feel like the ending sort of hinted at it with the sound of choppers.

Cause while I wouldn't mind playing as Anya. I feel like BJ's inner monologues sort of made the game.

Hermii

BJ Survived? I feel like the ending sort of hinted at it with the sound of choppers.

Cause while I wouldn't mind playing as Anya. I feel like BJ's inner monologues sort of made the game.
About the same as the chance James Bond didn't die and M isn't the protagonist in the next movie.

Bad analogy but you get my point.

AerialAir

Banned
I really liked Old Blood and New Order, fantastic games, but my favourite Wolfenstein is still '09 Wolfenstein. The focus on the ever changing town of Isenstadt was fantastic for me, I hope we see the return of that in some form.

Oh my. An Arkane Fallout would be amazing!

As long as they'd use Dishnrd2's Void Engine instead of the Creation Engine they used in 4, i agree, it would be amazing.

Hermii

The New Order is a great game with a few issues. Im looking forward to the next one. I suppose IDtech 6 is a given so the game will look gorgeous. I also hope ammunition will be more in abundance, I don't want to have to use the laser rifle which was the least fun weapon in the game Imo, just because its the only one with infinite ammo.

Sini

As long as they'd use Dishnrd2's Void Engine instead of the Creation Engine they used in 4, i agree, it would be amazing.

Worst idea. It would mean no mods whatsoever for game series known to be very moddable and possibly performance issues.

AerialAir

Banned
With this and The Evil Within 2 leak, Bethesda isn't having a good day

What engine do you guys think Evil Within 2 will use? That's a big issue for me.

Worst idea. It would mean no mods whatsoever for game series known to be very moddable and possibly performance issues.

Well, it wouldn't be mainline Fallout, more of a spin-off, and they could forge a new version of Void from idtech6, which is mod-friendly and certainly wouldn't have as much bugs as F4. To this day, there's still a bug on 4 that is save-breaking, I had it and you can't get worse than that, worse than a poorly performing game, is a game that you might have to restart after playing dozens of hours.

What engine do you guys think Evil Within 2 will use
My guess would be idTech 6 (or whatever their current version of it is).
Worked great with Doom.

Even though UE4 would probably be a better choice in terms of potential compatibility with other systems in case they ever intend to port it sooner or later.

Johndoey

Banned

I mean it's Wolfenstein. The chance they
replace BJ
is so low it's not even worth speculating over.

AerialAir

Banned
My guess would be idTech 6 (or whatever their current version of it is).
Worked great with Doom.

Even though UE4 would probably be a better choice in terms of potential compatibility with other systems in case they ever intend to port it sooner or later.

Good, I like idtech6, I just hope they don't mess with it so much that it gets a mess, like they did with idtech5, vanilla was much better. Though, they were hiring people with UE4 experience some time ago, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Falchion

Playing through Old Blood this year has made me really crave a new entry. I'll be up at midnight watching Bethesda, you know what to do.

dan2026

If there is no Cyborg Hitler in this one I will riot.

Fuck it give me Cyborg Goebels and Cyborg Himmler as well.

They can all be boss fights.

I think one of the biggest things i'm looking forward to with a new Wolfenstein game is the world building. What they did for TNO was just awesome and gave us a much bigger picture of the world it's set in - the initial level with the power difference between the WW2 Allied forces and all that advanced technology, the later levels with the suggestions of the war/resistance continuing in Africa, the posters and signs being for things that seemed like feasible products, the news paper articles, even things like the vehicles and Half tracks felt appropriate and added to the setting. It felt like it went far beyond the depth of world building of most other games, at least that i can remember.

It is one of the better build worlds in games in the last 15 years probably. The depth of all the tiny historical references, proper language usage, and interesting idea is just incredible. I really would love to meet the writing / narrative team for the game!

coastel

I hope this one will have MP. I will buy eiva way as the first was great (gameplay) but because of that, I would love to see MP in it.

Top Bottom