• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Maledict

I want to level Lucios and try new things out, but Quick Match is so utterly beyond fun right now. I honestly cannot recollect a time when it was this bad. Between Murky, Valeera and other shite it's just a horrendously unfun experience.

Prelude.

Nova brawl best brawl

When I started playing the current brawl was on, did I already see them all?

I Q in the middle of the wave, wait a sec, drop the puffer, and you should be able to q one more time before it explodes. That's early game of course. After a few mins in one Q should be enough to do it.
Thanks. It's not super easy to do between teammates killing the wave before it goes off and the game giving me 2 lanes maps.

Kioshen

Thankfully the required games have been lowered for the nova brawl iirc.

Nope I was wrong it'll be another 3 match hell pass. *sigh*

Alavard

I want to level Lucios and try new things out, but Quick Match is so utterly beyond fun right now. I honestly cannot recollect a time when it was this bad. Between Murky, Valeera and other shite it's just a horrendously unfun experience.

Yeah, I'm done with QM for the most part now. I'm tired of every game being the following

- The most recently released hero
- The second most recently released hero
- The hero who just got a rework
- Another hero who recently got buffed and is FotM
- Me

And most of those on the enemy team as well.

Anyone feel like teaming up with me to play 15 matches? I really want the WoW mount, but I'm a loser with no friends. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. My Battle ID is Michael#18228

Alur

Their dumb HOTS trivia games they play at the end of most episodes are extremely entertaining. Also they all kind of suck ass at the game and it's interesting to hear the opinions of some lower rank guys.

Beau is our level and Jon sounds smarter than he is. I love the trivia too. Qruul hates it.

Yeah, Beau was up to Diamond 1 in HL last season IIRC. He's just fallen into plat this go round because he apparently plays like crazy and just doesn't know when to quit.

Also, yeah, Nexeopardy is legit not funny at all to me. He spends more time explaining to Scott WTF is going on and the group of them laughing over how dumb he is than there is any actual "game" being played. When they get to that point I delete the podcast.

Before that, though, I've been enjoying Core the most. ITN was my favorite for a bit because there is a bit of useful knowledge there from time to time, but lately the Kyle lovefest/Kyle ego has turned me off a bit and I listen to it last of the big three HOTS podcasts.

Did want to add that THH has improved enormously for me now that they have something to talk about each week with HGC and he actually uploads the podcast in a reasonable timeframe.

Anyone feel like teaming up with me to play 15 matches? I really want the WoW mount, but I'm a loser with no friends. Also, I have no idea what I'm doing. My Battle ID is Michael#18228

The best thing to do for that is /join General. There are tons and tons of people in there forming groups of 5 man teams to AI rush this quest. That'll cut each game from about 20 minutes to 5 minutes for you and get it done very quickly. All you have to do is whisper one of them who is looking for people (or just right click their name and request to join), play a Warcraft hero, and follow the team. Make sure that before you ready up on the hero select screen that you add one of them to friends so you get credit for the quest, and then when you're done remove them and peace out.

Seconding joining gen chat to farm the HotS and WoW mounts, did that in little over two hours with a bunch of randoms zerg rushing mid against beginner ai bots. Most matches didn't last long enough for us to hit ten.

Vimes

Maiev is the new Hearthstone Rogue, wonder if that affects her likelihood of appearing in Heroes this year. Warden was my favorite WCIII hero.

Fuck Artifacts. I got in Alpha very early and quit when Artifacts dropped and almost didn't come back. Antithesis of what this game is about.

Never even gave them a chance. Just stopped playing the game the minute they were announced. Came right back after the backtrack.

Amazing to think back that it even happened. Blizzard came so close to ruining what's probably now my most played multi game.

Alur

Maiev is the new Hearthstone Rogue, wonder if that affects her likelihood of appearing in Heroes this year.

You know it'll happen or it'll be a skin or something. I don't know how soon, but I won't be shocked if she shows up. They are slowly ticking each one off the list.

Amazing to think back that it even happened. Blizzard came so close to ruining what's probably now my most played multi game.

I remember being flabbergasted that they put Artifacts in game back then. Seemed like it came completely out of the blue IIRC. Thankfully it was something that was quickly corrected, though I do wonder if it did lasting damage to the game because it (A) turned off people who liked HOTS' approach and (B) turned off people who liked the more involved League/Dota approach but had settled into HOTS, but then gave them a chance to see HOTS with that approach...and took it back almost immediately.

Alavard

How would it work, though? Skin is almost identical. They'd have to change one or the other.

Tyrande's silhouette, even with the Maiev skin, is still very narrow.

Tyrande_Warden_1.jpg

Maiev usually has a much wider silhouette due to her cloak. She also usually wears a lot more armor.

latest

Lots of similarities, sure, but still lots of room for enough difference.

scoobs

Also, yeah, Nexeopardy is legit not funny at all to me. He spends more time explaining to Scott WTF is going on and the group of them laughing over how dumb he is

But this is the best part, that and Scott not knowing any of the answers and Beau giving him completely unfair hints so he has a chance to win. Cracks my shit up when Scott can't remember the name to heroes, dude has terrible memory

Alur

There's some League streamer who is super enthusiastic and does something called Bronzodia (sp?). Would kind of like to see a HOTS streamer or YouTuber do the same. Entertaining stuff.

scoobs

There's some League streamer who is super enthusiastic and does something called Bronzodia (sp?). Would kind of like to see a HOTS streamer or YouTuber do the same. Entertaining stuff.
Care to explain what that even is? I'm not following

Alur

Bronzodia is him playing replays on stream sent to him from Bronze league and basically casting them/trying to make sense of them.

scoobs

Valeera is such fucking cancer. The second you hear the cheapshot noise, someone on your team is dead. Fun times. Remove this hero. She joins my list of Chromie, Nova and Murky as total fucking bullshit heroes that are designed to be anti-fun for everyone else.

scoobs

If its draft sure you can draft heroes to reveal, but her and murky are making quickmatch a fucking nightmare right now. I want to level up my Lucio and I can't because every game is intolerable nonsense. Valeeras running around deleting people, Murkys pushing/killing everybody.

This patch is the darkest timeline.

scoobs

There are really few heroes with no way to reveal stealthies, if yours can't that just puts the responsibility to those that can.

That's just wrong. Some supports have some way to do it, Medivh, Rexxar, and Chromie can. Most heroes definitely do not have reveals.

And the fact that she's stealthed really isn't the issue. Its cheapshot > follow-up > instant deletion. We back in that stun meta boys.

Milly79

I mean there's also a ton of AoE that just randomly fucking reveals her too. She's really not as bad as you're making her out to be, imo. But opinions and shit.

That's just wrong. Some supports have some way to do it, Medivh, Rexxar, and Chromie can. Most heroes definitely do not have reveals.

And the fact that she's stealthed really isn't the issue. Its cheapshot > follow-up > instant deletion. We back in that stun meta boys.
She can only use cheapshot from stealth, it is the issue.

I'm not talking about scouting drone or farsight effects, most heroes have either skillshots or AoE to reveal her.

scoobs

Except that when she uses stealth shes unrevealable for 1 second. So you can't stop the cheapshot even if you want to and are ready for it.

Whatever, I'll be the one person on here that thinks shes OP. When she's at the top of the meta in a month we can look back on this and just appreciate my incredible foresight ;)

Maledict

I do think they have screwed up with this patch. I agree with scoobs - this is the least fun quick match has been for as long as I can remember. Every match involves some form of cancer. Just as they run a cross/game promotion that encourages new players to try it out, and their main pvp experience will be this disaster.

(I don't think Valera is particularly OP though, I just think that in quick match right now we have an overload of stuns and stealths and toxic heroes that's making the majority of games disgusting).

My biggest issue with QM right now is that there's too many stealthies on both teams.
Except that when she uses stealth shes unrevealable for 1 second. So you can't stop the cheapshot even if you want to and are ready for it.
Forgot to mention before. That's the way tempo plays her, stealth mid engagement, and I liked the look of it, it looked weak though in competitive.

Kioshen

Well my mind has been blown. Matt Mercer that has been calling the time in overwatch does also the voice for Ragnaros and Rehgar.

Also considering the recent comments, I'm glad I don't have much time to play heroes lately.

Maledict

I wanted to get back into greymane after watching Mac play with the new ult, but in quick match he's dreadful. Complete lack of sustain means that if you get into a no healer game and the enemy team has murky you're just going to get ground underfoot over time.

That's my main beef - I want to focus on a few heroes and need to get some technical practice in on them.
Normally I use quick match for that, but it's useless right now for that function.

scoobs

Just got in a QM. Murky Valeera on both teams. Preparing for a fun time.

Edit: Falstad rage quits and tells us to all go fuck ourselves and enjoy the loss at the 6 minute mark after feeding 3 times to Valeera. Excellent stuff.

Valeera has instantly deleted about 9 people so far. We're having fun down 4 levels!

I wanted to get back into greymane after watching Mac play with the new ult, but in quick match he's dreadful. Complete lack of sustain means that if you get into a no healer game and the enemy team has murky your just going to get ground underfoot over time.

That's my main beef - I want to focus on a few heroes and need to get some technical practice in on them.
Normally I use quick match for that, but it's useless right now for that function.
You just have to play him differently. It's not unusual for me to back at half life every other minute and the focus has to be on getting in and getting out again. I can't remember a time where QM was good for practicing heroes.

Top Bottom