• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

zoukka

I tried this game again after a year or more hiatus, they really have improved a lot of the heroes! Instapick talents are integrated into the hero and they have all sorts of cool new quests and abilities.

Hats off to the dev team.

scoobs

Ya they've reworked basically all of the old ass heroes and given them entirely new talents and abilities in some cases. Anyone who was turned off by the game in its early stages would be doing themselves a favor to try it out again. So much new shit has been added in just the last year.

Alur

Game has definitely came a long way, whether you liked it before (I did) or not. They also are pretty much lightning fast on the balance nowadays.

Couple of big new features probably coming in the near future as well (new progression system, etc) so still plenty to look forward to.

I'm kind of wondering when/if we'll see a balance update this week.

Yeah. Was weird and he doesn't really say much. Not sure why he did it, but 51 people watched.

Altairre

Game has definitely came a long way, whether you liked it before (I did) or not. They also are pretty much lightning fast on the balance nowadays.

Couple of big new features probably coming in the near future as well (new progression system, etc) so still plenty to look forward to.

Yeah. Was weird and he doesn't really say much. Not sure why he did it, but 51 people watched.

They have to nerf Murky, right?

scoobs

Should be hearing about the next hero soon too!

scoobs

Stukov is 100% coming, those infested terran eggs weren't put there on accident. Who knows if he's next though, it's been a minute since a StarCraft hero came out.

Alur

I've played so much Murky the past week outside of HL placements that Lucio is still basically a new hero for me, so for once I'm a bit behind the release schedule. Maybe this time I can be a bit more patient.

Altairre

One would hope so, though from my anecdotal evidence he is at least not mirrored in every QM game now thankfully. Wasn't even in three I played yesterday period.

I've only seen one other Murky as well but still. I lost exactly one game with Murky since the rework went live.

Savitar

Mostly back into this to get the mount but the changes they've made since I last played looks pretty damn good.

How is the game doing these days anyways?

Alur

The Overwatch promotion seemed to help the player base quite a bit. I don't think the player base was ever really bad, though, to be honest...it just isn't League or Dota 2 and people obsess over that. It's a pretty healthy game all-in-all.

scoobs

I'm looking forward to hopefully playing some games w/ u fuckers tonight... be there or be square.

Been brushing up on my Malf this morning, won 3 of 4... he's a little too strong

Alur

Ah I didn't read it.

EDIT: Holy shit Erho had the shade of the cent in the Twitter thread below Sunshine's twitlonger. LOL

Ketch

The Ketch returns from the wilderness for a one night only event or you back for a bit?

Kinda unknown.

Home for a bit at least anyway.

Also, lol @ carry my keyboard. Ultimate nerd king has groupies who carry his keyboard for him. Reminds me of the wizard with Fred savage.

Xeteh

I thought I hated the Lucio master skin, but once I saw it in-game I'm kind of obsessed with getting it.

I like it a lot, I'm curious what kind of decision went in to making it the Master skin instead of Ribbit and vice versa. Maybe since Ribbit was pretty popular on OW it made sense to make that the premium skin.

Alur

The new build:

1) A Fishy Deal (new bribe, pretty stronk)
4) Slime Time
7) A Time To Krill (though it's been unclear if Slime slow + A Time To Krill stack, if they don't Black Lagoon is good too)
10) March of the Murlocs (very good now)
13) Fish Tank (if facing a lot of AA, makes you nigh unkillable) or Rejuvenating Bubble (if facing ability damage)
16) Toxic Buildup
20) Big Tuna Kahuna (if you're getting burst down too quickly) or Making Inky (to be even more fucking annoying)

Alavard

My first night back to playing a bunch of Heroes since For Honor released.

Brawl: Estimated wait time for queue: 60 seconds. Actual time before a match: 10 seconds

Unranked: estimated wait time: 59 seconds. Actual time before a match: 230 seconds.

I see what you're trying to do, Blizz.

Kioshen

Because of that clusterfuck in mid at bootybay. When you asked for help after tribute, I tunneled visioned to go at said coordinates but ran straight into a welcoming party from the opposing team. Tried to gust them away but mistimed it and artanis swapped me right back into the rest of their team.

I thought that since it was you that was asking for assistance that it was safe to go but I was severely mistaken. It was just the icing on the cake of a series of stupid errors that I made over the course of the evening that culminated to this point. I started to project my rage unto you and was about to swear up a storm but I took a step back, analyzed what happened and concluded that I was at fault all along and should shut up. Which I did.

Celegus

Dang I missed all the fun!

Hope Murky nerfs are live for Katowice. I like that he's more viable, but he's a terror right now.

Top Bottom