• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We create "magazine ads" for the hell of it. Now: Two Out Rally

TheGOHN

Looks like I got more ideas for Dreamcas than I thought I would.

t8nbic.jpg

Azure J

u_neek said:
SEGA Graffiti Campaign

I really love these, they mix the time period of Dreamcast with the traditional SEGA style. Also, that Jet Set radio one is easily the best of the bunch. Great stuff. :D

u_neek

AzureJericho said:
I really love these, they mix the time period of Dreamcast with the traditional SEGA style.

I tried capturing Sega's cool and colorful image during the Dreamcast era and think it worked out pretty well.

u_neek said:

I tried capturing Sega's cool and colorful image during the Dreamcast era and think it worked out pretty well.

I really liked it as well. Really liked how it all came together with the "sweet dreams are made of this" too. Great work.

[Nintex]

My first entry in this thread
2nst3r6.jpg

I went a bit overboard with the glows and it's a bit too cluttered, other than that I don't think it's bad for a first try.

Neomoto

Kulock said:
This is one I could definitely see being in a magazine. I also like that it doesn't immediately say "THE GAME IS A DREAM," only vaguely hints at it. That was a sort of twist to the game's plot, after all.
Thanks! :) Great to see someone likes it

MNC

Kulock said:
This is one I could definitely see being in a magazine. I also like that it doesn't immediately say "THE GAME IS A DREAM," only vaguely hints at it. That was a sort of twist to the game's plot, after all.

SAY WHAT!?? SPOILER TAG DAT SHIT.

I've been too busy lately to participate, but I'm NOT missing out on Dreamcast!
Here is a two-page ad I cooked up.

Page 1
dreamcast_ad_1.gif

Page 2
dreamcast_ad_2.gif

I'm not entirely happy with how the Sonic statue turned out, but I need to get to bed.

1zyiwhx.png

Meh, couldn't think of anything funny or clever, so I went with a 90s-style sales-pitch ad, the kind you'd have seen in GamesMaster or CVG magazine.

I'm somewhat lacking in ideas for this. At least, ones that haven't been done in some form already.

woobit

Android18a said:
1zyiwhx.png

Meh, couldn't think of anything funny or clever, so I went with a 90s-style sales-pitch ad, the kind you'd have seen in GamesMaster or CVG magazine.

I'm somewhat lacking in ideas for this. At least, ones that haven't been done in some form already.

Looks cool :)

Heres my attempt. Not too happy with the tagline, it looks and sounds off
neogaf.jpg

Edit: and I should've framed it with borders or something

Orobi

Mine creation, first of the ad campaign named "Jump in" (not Kojima related :lol ).
Featuring a man/woman/kid/boy/girl who jump into the wonderful DC world + single game artwork+screenshots+pack.
Not very clean, but I love the colours.

Jumbo size for wallpapers:
dww1oh.jpg

TheGOHN

shibbs said:
Hey, you got that idea from an old game magazine? I remember a cover story about next-gen consoles where this was used.

I really didn't. I was playing solitaire while I waited to see if anyone liked the one I posted before and the idea came to me. First I was going to use an Ace but i changed my mind.

jts

...hate me...
Good adds, orobi, but Microsoft would sue yo ass :lol

Except that... the Dreamcast came out before the Xbox 360, so actualy is you who can sue their asses and get filthy rich! DO IT!!!!11

Orobi

jts said:
Good adds, orobi, but Microsoft would sue yo ass :lol

Except that... the Dreamcast came out before the Xbox 360, so actualy is you who can sue their asses and get filthy rich! DO IT!!!!11

Tnks!
Yup, but this is not official. :)
And by the way, the meaning of "jump in" is so generic it can be good for any kind of ad.

BatmanX

Orobi said:
Mine creation, first of the ad campaign named "Jump in" (not Kojima related :lol ).
Featuring a man/woman/kid/boy/girl who jump into the wonderful DC world + single game artwork+screenshots+pack.
Not very clean, but I love the colours.

Jumbo size for wallpapers:
dww1oh.jpg

Great work man!

Top Bottom