• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

10 minutes of FFXII: The Zodiac Age footage from PAX East

jimmypython

Agreed, if only so we can cover up his abs.

The remaster hasn't fixed his abs yet, I take it...

I think they might have fixed it. I saw the panel video and there was like 3 seconds moment in a cutscene. not 100% certain as the video wasn't very clear and the moment was way too short.

JP

Looks really good to me.

I really do get the feeling that the PS4 is going to end up with loads of older Square Enix games being released on it over the next few years. Which is going to cost me a bloody fortune but it's very difficult to complain about.

Looks really good to me.

I really do get the feeling that the PS4 is going to end up with loads of older Square Enix games being released on it over the next few years. Which is going to cost me a bloody fortune but it's very difficult to complain about.

It's one of their goals for this generation and the next. They want as many FF games as possible to be available to the new generations of players on PS4 and Steam.

JP

It's one of their goals for this generation and the next. They want as many FF games as possible to be available to the new generations of players on PS4 and Steam.
I'm hoping they'll go beyond Final Fantasy games though, now that we're getting some PS1 "remasters" I'm really hoping that we'll see them announce something at E3. Hopefully from earlier systems too.

I wonder if Fran and Balthier still have that weird delay when using their default weapon types (bow/gun). Also kinda disappointed that they didn't get rid of the slight stop that your player character does when sheathing weapons after a battle.

The music sounds pretty nice, though.

Vashetti

Banned
I need to track this down. Can someone confirm?

Yes they definitely fixed his abs, I'll see if I can find a pic

OpsjRnd.png

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/127748278

7 minutes 30 in.

Looks nice, Switch version would be really awesome.

This is still 30 FPS right?

It's a PS2 exclusive and PS2 classic and you're port begging for a Switch version?

Are you fucking serious? We're now portbegging for decade old exclusives?

(Yes I know it's going to come to PC) Doesn't change the fact that it's legitimately a PlayStation console exclusive.

Zetta

Never played it but I feel like this is more my speed than XV. Might check it out.

Yeah the combat in this game was honestly ahead of its time. I love the gambit system and something tells me I'm going to appreciate it a lot more this time around.

Ananaz

it's awesome they got Sakimoto to do new music for this, on top of re-recording everything. The new song for Tchita Uplands sounds really nice.

Nice port beg, get out of here with that.

Remember in the thread for The Disney Collection mods actually were banning people if they even mentioned Switch or portbegged the game for it. We need that in every thread because I'm frankly sick of this shit everywhere I go on Gaf. Switch portbeggers are probably the worst I've seen and I have a Switch.

I can't even count how many times I've beaten this game. Definitely my favorite Final Fantasy. The remaster could've looked better, but at this point I don't even care lol.

Remember in the thread for The Disney Collection mods actually were banning people if they even mentioned Switch or portbegged the game for it. We need that in every thread because I'm frankly sick of this shit everywhere I go on Gaf. Switch portbeggers are probably the worst I've seen and I have a Switch.
I read that bit about portbegging as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. Haven't been on Gaf lately.

cftrooper

It's a PS2 exclusive and PS2 classic and you're port begging for a Switch version?

(Yes I know it's going to come to PC) Doesn't change the fact that it's legitimately a PlayStation console exclusive.

He just said it'd be cool, I don't think that really counts as begging lol

But yeah it's not happening

Ploid 3.0

Nice port beg, get out of here with that.

I wonder if these are new Nintendo product owners. What do they expect? The next Nintendo game should be launching soon, and they have Splatoon beta, maybe make a thread and hope to get NOA to focus on third party games from past generations. I've seen wishes from Overwatch, to Rocket League, and I do feel bad if those wishes never get fulfilled, new games pass buy one after another, and they feel left out. With the WiiU the same thing happened, even Wii. People need to set their expectations to a realistic level. Heck I'm not even expecting FFXV on PC, there's precedent, but I no longer even care.

Lordy, I didn't realize how toxic people saw portbegging as. I don't get it, but I suppose there is a reason it is bannable...must have been pretty bad.

The act itself it's bannable from what I understand. Making a thread wishing Overwatch comes to Switch is probably fine, but going in a thread about PS4 FFXII: The Zodiac Age new footage and sliding in tiny wishes for a iOS version is probably not a good move. It derails the thread as you can see. I think there's an actual thread about Overwatch wishes for Switch, and Rocket League. No one got in trouble from what I can remember. Mods even posted in them on topic I think.

I can't even count how many times I've beaten this game. Definitely my favorite Final Fantasy. The remaster could've looked better, but at this point I don't even care lol.

I read that bit about portbegging as sarcasm, but I could be wrong. Haven't been on Gaf lately.

Lordy, I didn't realize how toxic people saw portbegging as. I don't get it, but I suppose there is a reason it is bannable...must have been pretty bad.
Agreed

Totally not sarcasm Lol actually happened. And gaf members still commented despite this knowledge and they legit got banned massacred. Every page I went to I saw "banned"

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1352672

It's a low key like he's trying to silde it in.
It's dumb.

This pretty much. I don't really care what his full intentions were but by just mentioning it "casually" that's still portbegging even if he specifically didn't beg for it. Why even have that, you know?

Just one thread without mentioning "When's Switch?" "This needs to come to Switch!" "Switch version"?

Lol that'll be the day.

Well, it's legitimately a PS2 exclusive. I don't think that implies some sort of binding contract in perpetuity to all future iterative platforms, unless Playstation owners need to start giving back all their versions of Chrono Trigger.

Jennipeg

Is it port begging if I say I wish they had a Vita version, since X/X-2 came out on Vita? Its just so good for getting trophies, I guess I could try remote play.

flyover

This looks great. Can't wait to play it again. Balthier's running form (near the end of the vid) cracks me up for some reason, though.

Is it port begging if I say I wish they had a Vita version, since X/X-2 came out on Vita? Its just so good for getting trophies, I guess I could try remote play.

That's not port begging since FFX/X-2 HD were also on Vita so Vita was probably in the cards but I think they just decided to go PS4 only since well...Vita is pretty dead. Not to mention Vita is a PlayStation system and since FFXII is a PlayStation exclusive it's not that out of left field.

But portbegging a PS2 exclusive for a Nintendo system, that's like, I mean come on lol.

Jennipeg

That's not port begging since FFX/X-2 HD were also on Vita so Vita was probably in the cards but I think they just decided to go PS4 only since well...Vita is pretty dead. Not to mention Vita is a PlayStation system and since FFXII is a PlayStation exclusive it's not that out of left field.

But portbegging a PS2 exclusive for a Nintendo system, that's like, I mean come on lol.

Just checking, when people complained about it, I suddenly panicked and thought i'd been port begging the whole time lol.

Firebrand

Wow. Okay: Apologies to anyone who got angry over the Switch comment made as an aside. I'm legitimately excited for this remaster, whether it's on PS2, PS4, PC, or the CD32, and did not come here to derail anything. There's no nefarious Nintendo agenda going on.

I wonder if Fran and Balthier still have that weird delay when using their default weapon types (bow/gun). Also kinda disappointed that they didn't get rid of the slight stop that your player character does when sheathing weapons after a battle.

The music sounds pretty nice, though.

That speed modifier really struck me as odd. I'm pretty sure I read at some point it was removed for the IZJS release, perhaps someone who played that can confirm. You'd think the two characters portrayed as ranged attackers would be the most proficient with their weapons.

Wow. Okay: Apologies to anyone who got angry over the Switch comment made as an aside. I'm legitimately excited for this remaster, whether it's on PS2, PS4, PC, or the CD32, and did not come here to derail anything. There's no nefarious Nintendo agenda going on.

That speed modifier really struck me as odd. I'm pretty sure I read at some point it was removed for the IZJS release, perhaps someone who played that can confirm. You'd think the two characters portrayed as ranged attackers would be the most proficient with their weapons.

Good to know. Sorry for being so abrasive but we deal with this portbegging here 24/7 and it's in every thread so you have to understand. It's just fucking annoying. No animosity towards you man. Glad you're not one of those people. You're good dude.

OuterLimits

Its a divisive one, but I loved the politics behind it all, and Ashe is a great main character (I ignore Vaan where possible).

I agree to an extent actually. The problem I had is that you can it has the potential to be a great story and they completely botched it. The foundation was there.

Bladenic

I think I'm most excited for the job system and new/redone music because it doesn't sound butchered like FFX HD's. XII has a great world though I'm not sure how much I'm looking forward to trudging through like 7 areas with no story in that middle slog of the game. But hell, I haven't played XII in years so it'll be okay.

Jennipeg

I agree to an extent actually. The problem I had is that you can it has the potential to be a great story and they completely botched it. The foundation was there.

This is actually my exact description of XV's story lol. I think XII's builds nicely, then it just kind of ends. I know it had a troubled development, maybe they just had to get it done and cut some of the late game stuff. Pure speculation on my part. Vaan remains inexcusable.

Do we know if they are doing something about the compressed VA?

Top Bottom