• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Umm I don't know if my game has glitched or it's some Yoko Taro fuckery.

I'm in the middle of route B (just after flooded city) and I have noticed that in some cutscenes there are
some blurry silhouettes in the background
Like graphical glitches.
It's kinda creepy and weird.

ramyeon

The 9S hate honestly baffles me, I loved his character.

And had heaps of fun with Route B. Felt so OP with hacking and spear throws.

Ghazi

Umm I don't know if my game has glitched or it's some Yoko Taro fuckery.

I'm in the middle of route B (just after flooded city) and I have noticed that in some cutscenes there are
some blurry silhouettes in the background
Like graphical glitches.
It's kinda creepy and weird.

Not a glitch

I was like "hacking is fun but I miss the combat"

Now I'm like "the combat is fun but I wish I could just hack some of these"

Lol

Demoskinos

Can anyone help on the
Eve fight in Route B? I've hacked him dozens of times over and over again and he keeeeeeeeeeeeeeps regenerating his health. How do I end this? I've been at it for almost 10 to 15 minutes now. =|

Dunan

If any fellow Gaffers need help getting that OST, shoot me a PM because I live in Japan and would have no problem hooking you up.

Eklesp

Can anyone help on the
Eve fight in Route B? I've hacked him dozens of times over and over again and he keeeeeeeeeeeeeeps regenerating his health. How do I end this? I've been at it for almost 10 to 15 minutes now. =|

Odd, i remember
hacking him like 5 times and then he heals once and then hacked a few more times, then the ending sequence where you are moving slow and injured.

Demoskinos

Odd, i remember
hacking him like 5 times and then he heals once and then hacked a few more times, then the ending sequence where you are moving slow and injured.

Yeah. Dunno.
I've done his entire life bar damage via hacking and hacked him right before he regens but then still nothing....

Demoskinos

Maybe I'm glitched then cause
I dunno I've won like 90-95% of the hacking games I've done done them as fast as I can and this fight isn't progressing. Awesome.

Eklesp

Maybe I'm glitched then cause
I dunno I've won like 90-95% of the hacking games I've done done them as fast as I can and this fight isn't progressing. Awesome.

Is damage even happening?
each hack should remove like a quarter of this health.
. I ran into some enemies on B in city ruins. Could not do any damage tho them, figured it was for a side quest or something so I left. Could have been a bug.

Demoskinos

Yeah okay, i was glitched.
So... you hack him after he regens the first time and are supposed to get the "special" hacking game where you fight a silhouette of eve in hacking space a few times then get a short dialog with adam and eve.

For some reason the first time I tried the fight it kept loading standard hacking games instead of the one that was supposed to load to continue on the story. Which just put me in an endless loop. Dying and restarting the fight fixed it.

Fisty

So I've made up my mind: I'm about halfway through the Nier 1 platinum trophy, and finishing that up will require an immense amount of pain and patience. In light of this, ive decided to buy all the Automata trophies.

I'm convinced Taro put that shop in there as an apology for Nier 1's fuck-awful mat grind

9S is my favorite new character in the game.
My favorite being Emil.

And yeah, hacking just seems so much quicker when it comes to dispatching enemies, especially the bigger ones.

Eklesp

i3mZfyU.png

I want to click this so hard. Need to get home and finish C

Loved first Nier, just beat BOTW, so Automata is the next logical game before Persona 5. I have a few questions :
1) What do I need to know gameplay wise to enjoy the game at the fullest ?(except obvious things such as replaying the game several times)
2) Is the game beatable in two weeks time by playing every evening ? I fear I won't touch it again once P5 releases.
Thanks !

Demoskinos

Loved first Nier, just beat BOTW, so Automata is the next logical game before Persona 5. I have a few questions :
1) What do I need to know gameplay wise to enjoy the game at the fullest ?(except obvious things such as replaying the game several times)
2) Is the game beatable in two weeks time by playing every evening ? I fear I won't touch it again once P5 releases.
Thanks !

If you have adequate time to devote to it yeah I'd say two weeks is plenty to wring all the content out of the game.

Thanks !
1) Take the 'save' warning to heart. Take the message after Ending A to heart.

2) ...probably. Depending on your level of completion, it may take around 30-50 hours. Sidequests are generally great but not necessary. You can also set the game to 'easy' at any time.

Probably the Square Enix "PR" message urging players to keep playing to discover more endings.

Yeah basically that.

I appreciate them trying to take all the guesswork out of that structure.

from square pr:
play the game again

Ah, gotcha, I definitely got that message from reading this board :)

I'm having such a great time with this game. Can't wait to see what else is left.

Just started route B. Didn't expect to trigger
ending G
WTF LMAO

I also saw a picture of 2B wearing glasses online. Did I miss my chance of getting those for her?

LotusHD

Banned
So how linear is this? Need something linear after Horizon.

Pretty linear if you want it to be. You can pretty much just focus on the main story if you absolutely need to, or just do them on your own time once you unlock fast travel . There is an open world, but it trying to be super big like its contemporaries (Horizon, Zelda, Witcher 3, etc.), it's more like Ocarina of Time's world with interconnected levels.

HeelPower

The 9S hate honestly baffles me.

I like his character ,and his gameplay offered a very different experience.

But I honestly can't get over his design. He looks like a fucking child(but his role in the story is that of a full grown adult).Its ridiculous.

I wish he looked like Adam or Eve instead.Then he would be an even match to 2B.

As great as NieR is,it couldn't escape some JRPG tropes.

ramyeon

Pretty linear if you want it to be. You can pretty much just focus on the main story if you absolutely need to, or just do them on your own time once you unlock fast travel . There is an open world, but it trying to be super big like its contemporaries (Horizon, Zelda, Witcher 3, etc.), it's more like Ocarina of Time's world with interconnected levels.
The OoT comparison is perfect for how this world is structured. I never really felt it was an open world game like GTA or Witcher 3.

Ferr986

Wish side quests had a recommended lvl. Some side quests openen after a happening, so I acepted one and suddenly my lvl 13 2B was surrounded by lvl 30 bots lol

Taruranto

This (early game speculation)
Council of Humanity sounds flimsy as hell. I bet it doesn't exist. Even the alien backstory seems flimsy.

brawly

The OoT comparison is perfect for how this world is structured. I never really felt it was an open world game like GTA or Witcher 3.

Sounds good. I'm burned out on open world games and I loved the demo. Ordered it.

Althane

Wish side quests had a recommended lvl. Some side quests openen after a happening, so I acepted one and suddenly my lvl 13 2B was surrounded by lvl 30 bots lol

The parade quest? Yeah, that one surprised me too.

The bright side is that you can go back pretty easily and do all of them. I even think that there's a rough form of scaling (i.e., if you're above a level threshold, it'll add more powerful bots), but don't quote me on that.

ramyeon

Just started route B. Didn't expect to trigger
ending G
WTF LMAO

I also saw a picture of 2B wearing glasses online. Did I miss my chance of getting those for her?
Those are only attainable really late game I think.

But nothing is permanently missable anyway.

Ferr986

The bright side is that you can go back pretty easily and do all of them. I even think that there's a rough form of scaling (i.e., if you're above a level threshold, it'll add more powerful bots), but don't quote me on that.

Yep! that one
felt bad for the cute clown bots, I like them lol
. I'll wait a lil and try it later.

ramyeon

There's no scaling on the sub quests that I could notice.

Top Bottom