• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Plus Thread 3: Getting The Knack Of These Games

Do you think there's a chance to see Yakuza 0 on Plus?
I mean, Yakuza 4 and 5 were already on Plus, with 5 releasing on the service just a couple of months after the official release. Now 0 is already 40% off.

A triple-A game on PS4? No. Plus isn't about the games on PS4.

Etria

Couldn't find the Vita thread, so hopefully I can ask here. I'm currently playing Xenogears on my Vita, and have gotten to the Gear Dock Raid part of the story where I have to
rescue Rico
. However, I can't seem to get on Weltall using L2 + R2 mapped to the rear touchscreen or to the analogue sticks...anyone know if there is a fix?

Please point me in the direction of another thread if there's a more relevant one. Didn't want to bump the Xenogears OT. Cheers.

EDIT: Fixed.

xrnzaaas

Really strange that US and EU players are getting a different game this month. Anyway I'm happy to live in Europe because I so much prefer Alienation to Abzu.

This has gotta be the most pointless community thread on GAF, how can there have been no post here with the month's games listed in it! Like, literally its one job.

Definitely prefer the thought of Abzu to Alienation, so pleased with that. Weird though. And Type;Rider seems interesting too but I'm sure it's gonna be one of those play for two minutes kinds of games.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
This has gotta be the most pointless community thread on GAF, how can there have been no post here with the month's games listed in it! Like, literally its one job.
Why don't you post the list here then?

Tales from the Borderlands (PS4)
Abzu (NA) / Alienation (EU) (PS4)
Blood Knights (PS3)
Port Royale 3: Pirates and Merchants (PS3)
Laser Disco Defenders (Vita and PS4 crossbuy)
Type:Rider (Vita and PS4 crossbuy)

Celegus

Tales from the Borderlands is great. The finger gun fight in episode 4 (I think) is one of the best things in any game ever.

Yeah Tales is amazing, it really surprised me. Sooo much better than TWD games. This month was a bust for me but I don't mind, I'm just happy more people will play Tales.

Ted

Thanks Ludens.

I'm looking forward to Alienation after enjoying Dead Nation more than I thought I would. I'm getting a little dry of PS+ games on PS4 after hammering through a few this year and last so adding one I can look forward to into my library is pretty nice.

Related, I was looking at my log recently and out of the 45 games I've played on PS platforms since Jan 2015, only 12 have not been PS+ so I've clearly got my moneys worth but the downside of it is I'm now largely caught up so need new releases to be worth playing!

TsuWave

Just downloaded and started Alienation. I can tell i'm gonna love this game. kinda reminds me of one of my first ps4 games, i think it was called "Dead Nation" and I think I got it through PS Plus as well, I really enjoyed it. Funny thing is, I bought ME: Andromeda a few days ago played it for one night and put it away, and I'm more pumped to play Alienation.

Housemarque makes some really good games, I put a crazy amount of time into Resogun.

Edit - Just checked and it was indeed called Dead Nation and it was by Housemarque too!! cool!

Well, this is neat. So, Tales from the Borderlands is flat out free for me (as in not tied to PS+). I guess this is because I downloaded Episode 1 for free a while back and thus PSN considers the game purchased already by me. The PS+ version is essentially the season pass. And as it's the season pass, that makes it DLC. If I'm not mistaken, DLC is not locked behind PS+ if, say, I don't renew. Thus, Tales from the Borderlands is completely free for me, forever. Hopefully Telltale's Mincraft Story Mode and Game of Thrones games make their way to PS+, as I downloaded the first episodes of those games, too!

xrnzaaas

Yep Housemarque makes awesome games. I'm really happy they gave away Alienation, gonna start it later today (first PS+ game I'll play in months ;p).

Ludens

Banned
I know it's not the right thread, but can we expect new discounts on PSN? May discounts are not too exciting for me, and they last forever (still ten days), so I'm wondering if Sony will add other titles.

Ludens

Banned
In celebration of PlayLink’s launch, PlayStation Plus members will be able to access the full version of That’s You! at no additional cost from 4th July. Non PS Plus members can purchase the game from 5th July on PlayStation Store or at retail for €19.99 RRP.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2017/06/13/introducing-playlink-for-ps4/

I don't know what to say honestly. Free is free of course, but honestly who is willing to pay 20€ for that?

I hope when this "Day of sales" ends, Sony will propose a good sale on PS2 Classic. Man, even offering one PS2 Classic each month with Plus would be amazing, something like "Those are games you can only find on PS4", releasing at the same time new titles each month. Similar to what Nintendo will do with their subscription on Switch.

The PS2 classics are on sale on PS4 almost every month.

And yeah, big ol' yawn from me for that stupid phone game. I don't think anyone really wants that, the footage at E3 looked awful, like what some guy who doesn't know anyone in his personal life thinks a "party" game is.

Ludens

Banned
The PS2 classics are on sale on PS4 almost every month.

And yeah, big ol' yawn from me for that stupid phone game. I don't think anyone really wants that, the footage at E3 looked awful, like what some guy who doesn't know anyone in his personal life thinks a "party" game is.

Eh, the fact is, at least in EU, only some of them have nice prices.
Like, I was waiting for my 10€ from Sony for the March promo, but I received them too late and I couldn't get Primal and other titles. Also some games were 4€, others were almost 8€, it seems the price of each PS2 game is totally random, Star Ocean in example is 20€.

Zach

Isn't Thimbleweed Park coming out on PS4 soon? I want it to be Thimbleweed Park.

(It won't be Thimbleweed Park.)

Just_one

wouldnt mind Inside or Song Of The Deep to be honest.

as far as AAA or close to that , nothing on my wishlist can be offered on plus except GOW 3 Remastered but since its on sale it wont be on PLUS (at least next month)

Ratchet & Clank
Lego Star Wars Force Awakens
Assassins Creed Ezio Collection
God Of War 3 Remastered
Darksiders I & II Bundle
Darkisiders II Remastered
Walking Dead Season 3

jvm

Gamasutra.
Still don't understand the Knack hate. It's a game. A competent one that my kids had fun playing and I had fun playing too. Perhaps just just too milquetoast for some?

If they offer a PS+ discount on Knack 2, I'll definitely be interested.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
https://blog.eu.playstation.com/201...are-until-dawn-thats-you-and-game-of-thrones/

Until Dawn – PS4
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Series – PS4
That’s You – PS4 (4th July onwards)
Tokyo Jungle – PS3
Darkstalkers Resurrection – PS3
Don’t Die Mr Robot – PS Vita (cross-buy with PS4)
Element4l – PS Vita

GoT is meant to be pretty poor, but I've heard good things about Until Dawn. Debating restarting PS+ to play Elite Dangerous online, might jump on board while Life is Strange is still included.

Is that now three consecutive months of these episodic games?

Tales From the Borderlands, Life is Strange and now Game of Thrones.

And I thought MS was taking the piss by giving us Runbow a month after SpeedRunners...

illusionary

There's no reason to think that, unless you have insider knowledge.

Clearly we've now had the official update confirming this, but the game's 'free' availability was announced as being for several months (until 24 October), not the one-month that we get for Instant Game Collection titles, and all of the other wording around its announcement heavily implies it being an addition.

Ludens

Banned
I will trade-in my Until Dawn copy since it's still valid for promo (so I'll pay Yakuza Kiwami 15€), the game requires a 10 gb patch to run decently so there's no need to keep the disc.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
I'M BACK, BITCHES!

I have returned. After a many months hiatus, I Wanna Be The Guy has returned to the world of PlayStation Plus. Rejoice, friends. This place will be great once again.

Look forward to my hot takes soon.

Top Bottom