• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Odyssey is great, but Switch needs 3D World

I enjoy Odyssey so much more than 3D World which i have on Wii U. But sure if people want the game on the new ninty system i cant rely deny them..

I'd just play it on Wii U if I want to play it. It's not like it can get dramatically better graphics by appearing on the Switch.

Now Super Mario Sunshine that's a title I'd like to see get a HD version for Switch.

Or how about Odyssey 2, or a new Wario/Luigi platformer? Forget HD remakes dude.

Soybean

I want 3D World only because neither I nor anyone I know owned a Wii U. Every good game on that platform should be republished for Switch. You Wii U owners are crazy outliers.

I want 3D World only because neither I nor anyone I know owned a Wii U. Every good game on that platform should be republished for Switch. You Wii U owners are crazy outliers.
Wii U owners like playing good games and didn't hold off on buying a wii u simply because of bad sales and bad publicity. Seriously, refurbished wii u's were only 200 bucks and came with like 3 games not too long after the system came out. I'm all for backward compatibility, but declaring that 3d world should be on the switch immediately upon release of Mario odyssey is a bit much lol. Not to sound like a jerk but i have little sympathy for people didn't buy a wii u. That being said mario 3d world was great and I'd be happy for people who missed out to be able to play it on the switch.

I too, believe that the Switch needs 3D world. I skipped Wii U. I really want this in my Switch library. Want to play it so bad.
The decals of the cat suit characters
In super mario odyssey makes me think they are hinting that it will come to SWITCH. Maybe we will get a 3d world 2? I really want a new mario to take place in subcon!

Any game relegated to living only on the Wii U is a terrible fate.

Except for maybe Devil's Third. The sooner we forget, the better.

Poona

Or how about Odyssey 2, or a new Wario/Luigi platformer? Forget HD remakes dude.

Yeah, sure. I'd probably be more interested.

I just mean if they were going to take a title from the past I'd prefer Sunshine over 3D World, as Sunshine needs more work done to it.

ZeoVGM

Banned

A port of 3D World or HD Remasters of the Galaxy games would have literally zero impact on a brand new game like Odyssey 2 being made.

If they remade Sunshine, which they would do from scratch, that would likely have some sort of impact. But ports would not.

I wonder how hard it is and how many effort is needed to port things from the WiiU over to the Switch. I'd love to see a lot of the things porter, but only if it's not very time or ressource consuming thing. New games shouldn't suffer from that.

Herne

And back when it was released on the Wii U the reaction was similar - "This is great and all, but where is our full 3D sequel to Galaxy?"

jobrro

And back when it was released on the Wii U the reaction was similar - "This is great and all, but where is our full 3D sequel to Galaxy?"

According to Nintendo 3D World is on the same line of games as Galaxy.

Odyssey is the successor to 64 and Sunshine.

I feel sorry for people who never owned a Wii U and missed out on Wonderful 101. Didn't think anything of the game until I got it on discount, now I love Platinum. That game wouldn't feel the same on any other system, maybe it could work somewhat on PC with a mouse or Switch in handheld mode though.

ubiblu

No thanks. 3D World is my least favourite mainline mario game. It is excruciatingly linear and boring. Not a bad four player game, but the single player is rubbish.

Source: Someone who adores Mario Odyssey

thecrunked

Hell, they could add Captain Toad to the package which inside the Switch would look like a lush diarama. Or New Super Mario Bros U, which would also work great portably as a shorter, 2D Mario. Given the slightly extra horsepower of the Switch, either or both or those games may hit 1080p as well.

I had to re-read this paragraph several times cause I kept reading 'lush diahreah'

That being said, I skipped wiiu and 3ds or whatever handheld it was on and would like to play 3dworld

Sounds like someone has no friends, both games are stellar if played as designed.

I 100%’d SM3DW before I ever played with others (which I did a ton and had a blast) and as a single player game it is absolutely stellar.

The distaste for SM3DW makes zero sense for me. I’m not finished Odyssey yet but, while it’s great so far, it’s certainly not showing any signs of blowing SM3DW out of the water.

JP

I'd really like to see all the 3D Mario platformers appear on Switch as well as all the older 2D platformers, I'm not so bothered about the "new" games.

Gamegeneral

Switch needs a lot of WiiU classics. They're probably saving them for the slower months of 2018 when they'll have less new content to release.

Switch needs a lot of WiiU classics. They're probably saving them for the slower months of 2018 when they'll have less new content to release.

Hoping for this. Switch owner who skipped both Wii and Wii U here. I’ll take every port that makes sense, especially Mario games.

McDuck

Neo Member
No, what it needs is Super Mario All Stars 2: 64, Sunshine, Galaxy 1&2. Nintendo could get away with asking the full 60 for that collection.

yurinka

It would make more sense to get Galaxy 1 & 2 HD instead of 3D World or NSMB.

After Mario Odyssey we're going to wait a lot until the next great Switch game: Metroid Prime 4. So I assume they'll release plenty of refurbished Wii/WiiU ports during this period.

Sapiens

3D world is doable with some changes made to the touch screen dependent areas (very few), but Galaxy really needs the IR.

Any way - I think it's more important that Nintendo get Mario Maker working. Maybe bundle it with a stylus or some shit.

93xfan

Banned
I wouldn't mind a sequel to 3D World, but I wouldn't care about a port. I already have the game on Wii U. I like all the 3D Mario games so I'd get sequels to any style.

But how about the rest of the Nintendo fans who didn’t buy a WiiU due to some valid concerns, such as not liking the drm for games. There’s no reason a sequel and a port can be made.

I understand an argument against added levels though, as that wouldn’t be a good use of resources.

Top Bottom