• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | January 2017 - Time to get GAMEDUMPED

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They aren't *that* deranged, are they?

Well, Microsoft does sell its games through a store that is fundamentally ill-equipped to distribute anything larger than standard "apps" and has seemingly made absolutely no effort to improve the situation in the year since Rise of the Tomb Raider released and the wheels began falling off.

FoneBone

Thinking of picking up some retail copies of relatively recent (past 10 or so years) games that are delisted from digital storefronts, or were never there in the first place, and are unlikely to be made available anytime soon due to licensing/rights issues. I can get a used copy of Stranglehold for dirt cheap--would I have any issue installing that?

Knurek

Well, Microsoft does sell its games through a store that is fundamentally ill-equipped to distribute anything larger than standard "apps" and has seemingly made absolutely no effort to improve the situation in the year since Rise of the Tomb Raider released and the wheels began falling off.

That's just regular division infighting. Standard for any big company.
Removing x86 support would be suicidal at best.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That's just regular division infighting. Standard for any big company.
Removing x86 support would be suicidal at best.

I was being facetious, however I do think ending Win32 support for home editions of Windows is a gambit that could be executed (though not smoothly) and already a twinkle in Microsoft's eye. Oh, and the WinStore is indeed rather terrible... but that doesn't need clarifying. ;)

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-94C01DAC2DD9EA69 - Taken by Natty1. 6 entrants total.

t1485898491z1.png

Enslaved_OTTW_Characters.png

err where the fuck is ace combat modbot? o_O

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-115007E17C5CAF5B - Taken by TheLight. 6 entrants total.

t1485899135z1.png

I fucked up before apparently

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

ENSLAVED: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition -- MB-E48E8333DB031C86 - Taken by longlivegaming. 9 entrants total.

t1485899602z1.png

Finally bought the witcher 3 season pass since its on sale for steam users. I'm so excited. :') gotta update my mods since I'm sure they no longer work anymore.

vin-diesel-fast-furious-final-triology.gif

Just started XIII-2...

JwuUOO6MQsUn74h5wGsw_Confused%20Toy%20Story.gif

the fuck is going on here. Shit goes full anime right from the start huh? Lightning is some sort of afterlife goddess whut? This motherfucker Noel looks like the Kingdom Hearts guy, I cant unsee it. And this badguy stole Nightmare's sword from Soul Calibur, thats not very nice. Hey I know those rebel guys from XIII at least. And hey paradigms are back, thats cool. Right, lets try to make ense of this shit, I bet there is no sense to be made, lets carry on.

Sure is pretty tho :3

it gets worse in the 3rd one and it doesn't even look nice visually anymore either.

Didn't get to try that but I love pineapple pizza. Come at me haters, lol.

I can't hate the fact that you can eat pineapple pizza and still love it three hours later, I can only envy your intestines. That said, the times I tried it, it didn't taste particularly amazing either.

Vazduh

Giving away these two games if anyone's interested. Wanted the simplest tier because of Enslaved, so...

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vazduh, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Enhanced Edition -- MB-68245CA9CC9FB959 - Taken by Abomination. 3 entrants total.
PAC-MAN 256 -- MB-7D5A71318B521B67 - Taken by Nabs. 6 entrants total.

t1485900675z1.png

Rhaknar

so whats up with no healing in 13-2? Neither of the characters has a medic paradigm, can you learn new ones sooner than you could in 13 or something?

Monooboe

Oh no, I missed price error on SW2!?T_T

Todays Risk of Rain report, I finally managed to get to clear the last stage, I think with golden chests and such and start on stage 1 again. And wow that bliss of having such a good run, and I was so damn close to uninstalling it because I had several bad runs.

Vamphuntr

What is it with namco and Tales of games on Steam. Got both the AI glitch and sound glitch in Berseria. Got a new patch and it kind of fix a security issue but nothing else is fixed.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
What is it with namco and Tales of games on Steam. Got both the AI glitch and sound glitch in Berseria. Got a new patch and it kind of fix a security issue but nothing else is fixed.

Lol they broke more things with the patch. Now in order to play it I need to delete the contents on the app data folder of Berseria (gamecontrollerdb and TOB)

Javier23

Banned
Wasn't it called Alpha Protocol?
I hear they almost finished that, there's even a leaked alpha build available online.
Alpha Protocol was the polar opposite of Deus Ex in so many regards. No emergent gameplay to speak of, and every single level was just a long corridor. Compare that to the levels and hubs of the original Deus Ex. C&C is the only thing they share, and pretty much the only thing Alpha Protocol has going for it (and I enjoyed that game A LOT).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom