• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

NeoRaider

Opened 5 boxes and...

1401085007302.jpg

All white and blue. 3 out of 5 boxes were 4 duplicate items.

I don't want an overwatch world where both teams run Sombra and one healer, don't let this be a thing...

Because it gives you less of a chance to be Mercy?

I'd like to see a little experimentation with one healer setups. I know sustain is a big thing in the pro setting and at higher levels for team fights, but healer + Sombra or healer + Symmetra can lead to some interesting strategies.

PeterGAF

Banned
One of my double xp loot boxes had 3 legendaries. Feels good. One was coins and the other was an old skin but that's not important.

These Announcers....Due to their Aussie accent, it keeps sounding like they are saying "Cumbox" and "Cumbox Spirirt"

"Looks like Cumbox is broken"

X-Frame

For the Console players here, is anyone using any of those new Scuf controllers? The Impact of the Infinity Pro which released a couple months ago?

Or are you guys mostly using the default controller with KontrolFreeks or something? I use the same DS4 that was updated and came with the PS4 Pro and have no problems at all. Switched my Jumps to L1 but I could see the value in the paddles in Scuf's and like the Xbox Elite.

Whenever I look for non-sponsored Scuf reviews though I do see positive impressions but also many negative ones, regarding reliability and even customer service.

I also play Destiny and Titanfall 2.

LiK

For the Console players here, is anyone using any of those new Scuf controllers? The Impact of the Infinity Pro which released a couple months ago?

Or are you guys mostly using the default controller with KontrolFreeks or something? I use the same DS4 that was updated and came with the PS4 Pro and have no problems at all. Switched my Jumps to L1 but I could see the value in the paddles in Scuf's and like the Xbox Elite.

Whenever I look for non-sponsored Scuf reviews though I do see positive impressions but also many negative ones, regarding reliability and even customer service.

I also play Destiny and Titanfall 2.

I'm using the new Infinity Pro right now. It's okay. I'm using custom colors and the face buttons are more mushy as a result. They basically replaced those buttons with their own. But at least the paddles and the buttons underneath are much better than the previous model. Quite pricey but worth it for the paddles alone. A Gaffer I know got the Impact and got all the bells and whistles and loves it. He kept the default face buttons on that cuz he also got custom colors for the Infinity Pro earlier and tiold me about the mushiness. It's a non-issue for FPS but if you're using it for fighters etc, it might be an issue so stick with the default face buttons.

kurahador

Scored quantuple kills POTG due to Zarya nicely timed ulti in front of my Torbjorn turret.
Get "fuck you" from said Zarya player. SEA players are weird. :/

Ramirez

I don't want an overwatch world where both teams run Sombra and one healer, don't let this be a thing...

I just want her to be good enough that your average player can use her and not be a complete waste of a slot. I'd much rather see a buffed Sombra over a boring ass Soldier every match.

Jellie

I just want her to be good enough that your average player can use her and not be a complete waste of a slot. I'd much rather see a buffed Sombra over a boring ass Soldier every match.
She's pretty brain dead to play. Hack 2/3 key packs between fights and rotate between. Get EMP by harassing tanks and you'll get it every fight. Don't EMP when everyone's dead.

She's pretty brain dead to play. Hack 2/3 key packs between fights and rotate between. Get EMP by harassing tanks and you'll get it every fight. Don't EMP when everyone's dead.

Playing her and Hanzo in Mayhem mode has helped me understand their play styles a lot more. Although Sombra super benefits from Mayhem team fights because it's way easier to get hacks off on unsuspecting enemies.

But man, you can totally shut down certain people in team fights if you hack them. I kinda want to learn her but it's a fight between her and Genji as to who I'm worse with as a DPS.

LiK

Sombra is basically a hit and run character for me. She's never good to enage directly against anyone. Nice hero to distract the enemies as well. You end up causing enemy players to lose their focus in team fights which makes it easier for your team. Also, yes, hack all health packs and make it tougher for the enemy teams.

So they are thinking of improving Mystery Heroes:

Jeff Kaplan said:
We have a number of Mystery Heroes fixes on our to-do list. We're very eager to get to them but it just hasn't bubbled to the top of our priority list yet. We definitely want to get rid of suiciding to force a hero switch. We will also remove the "Assemble Heroes" wait time as there is no reason for it in this mode. We have some other improvements in mind as well.

I am curious how the community as a whole feels about some of the ideas you bring up. I know that it frustrates me when the other team ends up with 5 D.Va's. I also get frustrated when the enemy team has a balanced team comp and my team comp is less balanced. But perhaps that is part of the charm of the mode?

How do you guys feel about a purely random system (such as it works now) versus a mostly random system where we try to limit stacking and nudge the team comps towards something more reasonable? I can see arguments for both ways being compelling to different people.

Played against a Sombra and Mei in Mayhem. Couldn't do anything, they were ulting left and right and saved a couple ults for after my rezzes.

Ramirez

I'm just saying her kit makes game's more interesting than some of the more popular characters like Soldier. But most people can't stay alive with her, or really do any damage, so she's a waste in the majority of matches.

I like Winston in Mayhem. Leaping after Mercy and tossing bubbles again and again as she's constantly flying around away from me is a lot of fun.

I like Winston in Mayhem. Leaping after Mercy and tossing bubbles again and again as she's constantly flying around away from me is a lot of fun.

Last night in Mayhem I was chasing a Pharah around the map, just jumping at her over and over. It was pretty great. I also ran around with a McCree about a mile away from everyone else as we played a game of Jump-Dodge-Bubble-Fan The Hammer-Jump-Dodge-Bubble-Flashbang for about a minute.

Good times.

Jellie

I'm just saying her kit makes game's more interesting than some of the more popular characters like Soldier. But most people can't stay alive with her, or really do any damage, so she's a waste in the majority of matches.
Oh I wasn't saying she's boring. Just not that hard to play if you know what to do. Basically emp bot. She's pretty easy to stay alive with if you don't forget to TP. Only way she dies is TP bug, stalling or cc if you are good with her.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
1915 after placements.

You know, 4 months out of the game, jumping back in with no warm up, I guess I'm kinda ok with that.

But goddamn I don't think I've ever seen so many leavers and throwers in placements ever.

She's really strong at what she does, Jellie described her current play style perfectly...HOWEVER, I noticed people on PS4 do not play around the hacked health packs. If your team isn't picking up health packs she's not gonna generate EMP's as fast. Right now, 2CP sombra is strong as shit, very annoying to fight against because every push she has the EMP to counter everything the team has. It's very common for there to be a solo healer and sombra, and it work very well (in 2CP), only for the fact that people play around the hacked health packs.

1915 after placements.

You know, 4 months out of the game, jumping back in with no warm up, I guess I'm kinda ok with that.

But goddamn I don't think I've ever seen so many leavers and throwers in placements ever.

I placed around that on my smurf last season, there were 8 leavers in 10 games lol

komaruR

She's really strong at what she does, Jellie described her current play style perfectly...HOWEVER, I noticed people on PS4 do not play around the hacked health packs. If your team isn't picking up health packs she's not gonna generate EMP's as fast. Right now, 2CP sombra is strong as shit, very annoying to fight against because every push she has the EMP to counter everything the team has. It's very common for there to be a solo healer and sombra, and it work very well (in 2CP), only for the fact that people play around the hacked health packs.
Does ps4 comp play alot of dive comp? Since anne said it messes with genji and tracers healthpack routing.
I definitely havent seen a whole lot of full on dive comp during my plat days. Ppl still rely on their healer because of halfass dive comp. Im looking at you hoggies!

_Legacy_

Not sure if it's the double xp wekend but the amount of hanzos and widows I'm seeing on either side of teams is ridiculous.

I wish they had a hanzo and widow-free weekend, that would be a marvellous event.

LAM09

Quitters all over the place today. Why hasn't a stricter punishment been introduced a year after launch?

Here's my stats for D.Va so far this competitive season. Gotta say I'm really happy with how things are going overall. Slowly crawling my way back to Gold after getting totally fucked on placement matches

5Nwc.png

6Nwc.png

Top Bottom