• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Universe seems to be PC/XB1/PS4 only

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In case anyone was worried about cross-gen.

LinkedIn said:
Level Designer
Eidos Montréal
February 2012 – Present (1 year 11 months)Montreal, Canada Area

Currently in production of a Deus Ex : Universe game for PC / Next Gen
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/clémence-maurer/10/a00/2b1

LinkedIn said:
Game Programmer
Eidos
August 2013 – Present (5 months)Montreal, Canada Area

Gameplay on a Deus Ex: Universe game (PC / Next generation)
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alexandredeschamps0

LinkedIn said:
Game Writer / Narrative Designer
Eidos
2012 – Present (1 year)Montreal, Canada Area

"Deus Ex Universe Project" (PS4, XBOX ONE) [Note: This person never lists PC for any of their games despite many of them being on PC]

Developing, designing and writing story and characters.
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rees-savidis/16/868/406

LinkedIn said:
Deus Ex : Universe (PC, PS4, Xbox One)
Source: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jean-francois-dufort/16/213/491

Riposte

They can't actually make a game called Deus Ex UNIVERSE, right? That would be too dumb.

Hope it is not a MMO. SE, three(+?) MMOs is enough, damn.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They can't actually make a game called Deus Ex UNIVERSE, right? That would be too dumb.

Hope it is no a MMO. SE, three(+?) MMOs is enough, damn.

"Deus Ex Universe" is the name of their transmedia, multi-game project a la "Ivalice Alliance" or "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII".

Square Enix is rubbing off on them.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
At first I was like "WHOA, WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN". And then I remember that's the codeword they're working with.

It's great to know it's next-gen only!

Felsparrow

Neo Member
Most likely just code names.

No doubt they have something MMO-like in the works, perhaps some larger online thing like The Division, but I doubt they'll jump straight into that without a straight sequel which they know will make money.

HariKari

So SE management has tainted DE. That is NOT a good sign.

They cut out an entire city hub out of Human Revolution, and forced the boss fights into the game by outsourcing them to some no name Polish studio. I wish the franchise would go to a privately held company, so they could give Deus Ex the development time it needs to be done properly.

Card Boy

Banned
At least it's not an iOS game.

I actually wouldn't mind a remaster of Deus Ex: The Fall with;

• Direct X11 graphics
  • Better FOV
  • better textures
  • better lighting
  • AA
  • 60FPS
  • mouse and keyboard
  • controller support
  • Better A.I
  • More quests
  • Bigger levels

Square Enix can sell it as a $15 title on PSN/XBL/Steam in the vain on Blood Dragon and Call of Juarez: Gunslinger.

Whatever it is after HR count me in for PC or XB1. PC Deus Ex II dripped atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed HR on PC & 360 (yes bought it twice, Steam sale) so even now knowing very little details on this I'm happy to preorder immediately when that comes around.

Funny I'm sort of glad not 360 or PS3 support as I'd really like a next gen experience from this.

burns_thumbsupibr5q.gif

I only recently watched some footage of Invisible War, having never played. That shit was godawful.

What are the chances this will be like Invisible War? None, because it's an MMO?

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
sci fi its probably the biggest benefactor of next gen graphics, im replaying human revolution right now.

SUCH A GOOD GAME. definitely one of the best of the generation with mgs4, the last of us, and bioshock 1 and infinite.

im so hyped for next gen deus ex, i will build a new a pc for this game.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Come on, make it third-person. Those Ubisoft Montreal animation chops should have rubbed off on Eidos by osmosis.

I want more dev's to jump on-board this - current/last gen has been holding us back for too long (esp PC gamers). Lets go balls and all and commit to the new gen!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I wonder if this is due in part to the game (probably) using Unreal Engine 4. I know Epic have said Unreal Engine 4 will scale across a wide assortment of hardware types, but of the known games running on the engine I'm fairly certain none of have X360/PS3 tier builds. Everything is PC/nextgen.

I wonder if this is due in part to the game (probably) using Unreal Engine 4. I know Epic have said Unreal Engine 4 will scale across a wide assortment of hardware types, but of the known games running on the engine I'm fairly certain none of have X360/PS3 tier builds. Everything is PC/nextgen.

Wow, a Deus Ex game in a capable engine. That will be a series first.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
This it still count if the "current gen" versions are actually outsourced to a different studio /

They cut out an entire city hub out of Human Revolution, and forced the boss fights into the game by outsourcing them to some no name Polish studio. I wish the franchise would go to a privately held company, so they could give Deus Ex the development time it needs to be done properly.

Man, some people live in Fantasy Land....

They already gave 4 years of development, from what I remember.

Do you think development time and budget would be infinite in a privately held company? Surprise, but they also have finite money! Hell, your average private company have less resources than SE, not more, maybe they would have less time not more with another publisher.

The only private company with great resources is Valve, and Valve is more the exception, not the rule.

Top Bottom