• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex Universe seems to be PC/XB1/PS4 only

bhlaab

Cool, maybe the extra ram will mean the maps won't be an inter-linked series of tunnels. Replaying the first one immediately after HR it was shocking how big those maps were, even the ones you remember as being kinda small.

I hope they make this game third person. Part of the reason I haven't played it yet is because for a game that looks the way it does, first person do not suit it well. I can't even like my character because I can't see him. It's so stupid.

bhlaab

I hope they make this game third person. Part of the reason I haven't played it yet is because for a game that looks the way it does, first person do not suit it well. I can't even like my character because I can't see him. It's so stupid.

I hope there's much less third person.

I wonder if this is due in part to the game (probably) using Unreal Engine 4. I know Epic have said Unreal Engine 4 will scale across a wide assortment of hardware types, but of the known games running on the engine I'm fairly certain none of have X360/PS3 tier builds. Everything is PC/nextgen.

Interesting observation mate, I'll have to keep a casual eye on this. I wonder if any games coming up, on any platform, are approaching the UE4 demos quality we have seen.

I hope there's much less third person.

Nah, third person is better. The character design is amazing just being hidden by first person. Then the misleading third person cover system making you believe that your playing third when its first is also stupid. It seems to me it was suppose to be third but since first makes it a serious game apparently... As with all others.

If Square Enix gives me a new major Deus Ex and Sleeping Dogs this gen, I will not to bitch about Final Fantasy and mobile games.

Yep, everybody and their dog knows that it's going to end up as a full price game with micro-transactions up the wazoo.

Coldsun

Banned
Who said anything about it being online/mmo?
They've always referred to the world/lore of Deus ex as "Deus Ex Universe".

Famassu

They cut out an entire city hub out of Human Revolution, and forced the boss fights into the game by outsourcing them to some no name Polish studio. I wish the franchise would go to a privately held company, so they could give Deus Ex the development time it needs to be done properly.

Square Enix gave Deus Ex Human Revolution more time than any other publishers would have given. I mean, come on, it was announced in early 2007 and released around Fall 2011, that's at least 4,5 years of development. Development time wasn't the issue. Stuff gets cut out from ALL games, that's just a matter of fact. At some point Square Enix needed to make the decision that yeah, now you'll have to finish the game, no matter what it takes.

Shengar

"Deus Ex Universe" is the name of their transmedia, multi-game project a la "Ivalice Alliance" or "Compilation of Final Fantasy VII".

Square Enix is rubbing off on them.

i-never-asked-for-this.jpg

Top Bottom