• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranded on deserted island: grab a Nintendo Handheld and 3 games

maxcriden

DS

Maestro Jump in Music
Astroboy (GBA retrocompatibility)
Soul Bubbles

or maybe ...
100_Classic_Book_Collection.jpg

Major props to the Soul Bubbles pick!

-

3DS:

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D
Kid Icarus Uprising
Some Zelda game, maybe OOT with its two campaigns

I feel like these would offer a good mix of replay value, diversity and cheerfulness to help keep my sprits afloat.

Gameboy Color

Pokémon Trading Card Game
Warlocked
Pokémon Puzzle Challenge

Plus the GBC can be used as a blunt tool for survival.

Metalmarc

Since theres no way to charge up, none because i don't wanna enjoy myself then run out of power in the middle of a game

Argh the torment.

I don't actually have a lot of Nintendo handheld experience, so I think I'd probably grab a 3DS with

Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker
Rune Factory 4
A-Train 3D: City Simulator

All games that I can pour hours and hours into without fail. A-Train might be a bit sketch because it can get kind of grindy, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
This is a tough question. The only things I'm sure of are that I'd take a 3DS and Theatrhythm Curtain Call (I'd get all the DLC beforehand).

As for the other games, I'm thinking about grabbing Bit.Trip Saga. It's not the best version, but I love that series and wouldn't get bored of them. Yeah, guess I'd go with that.

The third game is harder to decide. If there's another person with me and they have their own 3DS, I'd definitely get Tetris Axis. Otherwise I'll ask whether I'm allowed to bring the entire Picross e series to the island; if not, my choice would probably be the Phoenix Wright Trilogy. I've played them before on WiiWare, but it's one of my favorite franchises and I have forgotten many things about these titles, so it'd be nice to replay them. Maybe go through them once every 200 Theatrhythm songs or so, to avoid getting bored.

MrFortyFive

3DS:

Animal Crossing New Leaf
That 100 book collection that's been posted in here
Some kind of puzzler. Probably Meteos or Tetris.

As of right now, 3DS with:

Kid Icarus: Uprising
Super Mario 3D Land
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Potentially in the future, Switch with:

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Minecraft
Super Mario Oddyssey

Kill3r7

3DS

A Link Between Worlds
Mario Kart 7
Fire Emblem Awakening

Alternatives would be Zelda MM, Bravely Default or Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon.

I'd rather bring a gun. To shoot myself. Instead of 3 games I'll have beaten in a week or two.

Golden Sun
Golden Sun: The Lost Age
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories

Fuck. I'm torn.

GBA:

Pokémon pinball
Rhythm Tengoku
Kuru Kuru Kururin

Or

3DS :

Rhythm Tengoku Megamix
Daigasso Band
Super MARIO Maker

Ima go with the 3DS

13ruce

Banned
Switch:
Zelda BotW.
Mario Odyssey.
Animal Crossing (whenever that comes otherwise either Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8 or Xenoblade 2).

You sound like a bundle of joy.

It's just a weird situation. Maybe a better one would be, you go on vacation to a secluded cabin, What three games do you bring with you? Instead it's, how do you want to pass the time while slowly dying and going insane? Why does it have to be a life or death thing? Is the risk needed?

Why can't I choose Switch?

I'd probably go with 3DS but there's already a ton of Switch games with hundreds of hours of replay value.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Is there any way I can charge a handheld on this deserted island? I have to know the answer to this before I can give an accurate response. Also does it absolutely have to be a Nintendo handheld? I'd rather bring a Vita...

Budi

Is there any way I can charge a handheld on this deserted island? I have to know the answer to this before I can give an accurate response. Also does it absolutely have to be a Nintendo handheld? I'd rather bring a Vita...

Doesn't being stranded on a deserted island suck enough already?

Nintendo 3DS

The World Ends With You
Pokemon White 2 (To this day, has the most content in any Pokemon game and most of it is fun)
Link Between Worlds

Sneaking Smash Bros 3DS in because being stuck on a desert island sucks enough and you can't tell me what to do.

MrT-Tar

Nintendo 3DS

Kid Icarus Uprising
Super Smash Bros for 3DS
Advance Wars: Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin

Basically the games I never get bored of and come back to time and time again.

Top Bottom