• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo 3 is now FREE for XBOX Live GOLD members. Come JOIN US IN MULTIPLAYER!!!

Computron

Halo 3 is now FREE for Xbox Live Gold Members.​

HaloGAF's been playin' it all week and will be hosting Custom Games on Saturday!

amDJnor.png

Come join HaloGAF as we celebrate in MatchMaking.​
Note: The in-game population counter is broken, so it's often inaccurate/low.

In the meantime, enjoy these .GIFs:​

is2eHmvBfsYTh.gif
Campaign Hijinks

ibiUP1ti01n3xM.gif
The Thrill of the Four-Shot

iqv6wCBo51v1S.gif
Split Screen Multiplayer Madness

ibsPBWq203qfXU.gif
Big Team Battle

Havok Physics & Physics Havoc:
ibgoq8bMA4siCl.gif

irva1hA0REKl.gif

isjnVR6i1t5Dz.gif

iS7ve98zpZe1K.gif

iGVpau7sXQZYe.gif

ibt9sB29kMJrXk.gif
Vehicular Carnage​

FREE MONTH OF GOLD

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

Try this link to get a free month, it worked for me a few days ago.

It should still work.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Subscri...ign/gff-live-welcome-offer/BillingInformation

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
been looking forward to the inevitable population jump that will coincide with this. i havent played halo 3 since the reach beta - stoked to see how it compares and if the series really has tanked since.

who am i kidding, my internet is so bad these days this may likely be unplayable for me!

MrDaravon

Oh man, I totally forgot about equipment even being in the game lol

Also if you search manually for Halo 3 on the Marketplace on the 360 it's showing up as free now, you don't have to use the website.

Edit: Is Mythic 2 required for matchmaking? I don't have my copy of ODST anymore so I'm not playing off the MP disc there, and that's the only one I don't have standalone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
iqv6wCBo51v1S.gif

so many good memories. beginning to think halo 3 IS that good.

RoKKeR

:)

I'm away from my home copy so I'll be happy to download this. Favorite game of all time. I love the OP, haha.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Halo 3 was so damn fun.

Weren't you not supposed to install it, though? I figured a download version would have the same issue.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Awesome game. I hope Bungie can bring some of the magic to Destiny, but I guess it's not quite the same thing.

UNCMark

Banned
Oh cool, those dummies still haven't fixed the website yet. Still unable to buy anything from the website with MSP/Credit that transferred over during the change from MSP to cash. Thanks, MS.

border

How many Halo 1 and Halo 2 maps come with the game? I don't remember much about Halo 3 multiplayer since our LAN community was pretty much dead at that point.

Computron

Halo 3 was so damn fun.

Weren't you not supposed to install it, though? I figured a download version would have the same issue.

yes, but if a single player in the lobby has it installed, it brings everyones loading speed down so you really got no choice. Either way its not that slow.

legacyzero

Banned
Can't wait to get back into that perfect AR/Melee combo. Halo hasn't done it right since.

Half a clip, knock your ass out. And then your friend.

Wizman23

Banned
My game of the generation. I'm gonna give 343 a pass with Halo 4 (though still a good game in my opinion) and hope they return the series back to its glory next Fall.

Madness

So hyped. Hopefully a lot more people play and it's easy to get matches again.

5328.jpg

Perfect time to remember what the 'fight' was for!

xemumanic

Too bad it doesn't come with all the MP maps, I never bought them all at the time, but I do have the Halo ODST MP disc. Unless I'm mis-remembering, that has all the map packs, right?

Ghazi

Oh man, I totally forgot about equipment even being in the game lol

Also if you search manually for Halo 3 on the Marketplace on the 360 it's showing up as free now, you don't have to use the website.

Edit: Is Mythic 2 required for matchmaking? I don't have my copy of ODST anymore so I'm not playing off the MP disc there, and that's the only one I don't have standalone.

Most of the playlists require ALL DLC, so for most stuff outside of Slayer that'd be a yes. Lucky for you, they reduced the price of Mythic 2 to $5 for the duration that this game is free.

Too bad it doesn't come with all the MP maps, I never bought them all at the time, but I do have the Halo ODST MP disc. Unless I'm mis-remembering, that has all the map packs, right?
YEP!

93xfan

Banned
Will be playing tonight for sure! Don't forget to install to a quality flash drive for best loaf times.

Top Bottom