• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Most Time You've Spent with a Single Player Game?

LegendX48

That I know for sure? Fallout New Vegas at 301 hours

other than that, maybe Pokemon Blue at some crazy amount of hours when I was younger lol

Probably one of the first few Pokemon games. RBY/GSC. I got a complete Pokedex in all of them multiple times, and then there are all of the nuzlocke runs, the random runs (Clefairy Metronome only, etc), and the random screwing around. I have no way of guessing how many hours and there's no way to tell, but those games consumed my childhood.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
2 questions.

Does Progress Quest count as single player if the only interaction is leaderboards and does it count as a game? If so I can probably claim about 85k hours of that over the past 11 years. :D

Otherwise it's probably Baldur's Gate 2. I have no idea what the actual number of hours would be, but it's definitely way more than the 127 hours I have listed for Fallout New Vegas as my top single player only game on steam.

batrush

For linear games probably Persona 5 at 175 hours on my first playthrough (for reference P3FES took 82, P4G took 108). That or, Fruit of Grisaia (doesn't record game time), which took me over a half-year of steady play to finish every route.

prophecy0

For linear games probably Persona 5 at 175 hours on my first playthrough. That or, Fruit of Grisaia (doesn't record game time), which that took me over a half-year of steady play to finish every route.

I'm currently in the middle of Horizon: Zero Dawn. I've put like 8 hours into it and I'm only around 15% complete. I have Yakuza 0 and other long games (like The Witcher III Expansions) sitting in my back log. I have P5 pre-ordered.

I am never going to finish all of these games.

To answer the OP, I put around 80-90 hours into each of the following:

The Witcher I and III
Fallout: NV
Persona 4: Golden
Final Fantasy VII
Dragon Age: Origins

I'd say for a single playthrough DA:I and W3 are probably up there in around 150+ hours, especially with DLC. DA:O is maybe a bit shorter, though I consider Awakening a separate expansion compared to DLC. Fallout 4 was a long main campaign too, and I haven't even done the big DLC's yet.

Overall I'd say Skyrim and XCOM 2 have taken 1000+ hours, but most of that is playing with mods rather than vanilla. I bet I'd also have a lot of hours on the original 1994 Enemy Unknown over the years.

For Dark Souls I have a bunch of playthroughs but I don't think it's fair to compare since most of my time in it is multiplayer.

Besides DMC series and Mass Effect 2, the one that I've spent most time would be Yakuza 0.

I think I have put around 170 hours in it, and I still have some side contents to get back to.

jurgen

I know Mass Effect 2 and 3 both are approaching 200 hours.

Borderlands 2 is up there just for the fact that I've owned it on three different platforms and played through the campaigns and DLC with different groups of friends.

Burning Justice

the superior princess
Have ~280 hours on Advance Wars:Dual Strike (it has multiplayer, I know, but I've barely touched it). I'm sure I have similar playtimes on Advance Wars 1 and 2 as well.

zkorejo

I think it was GTA Vice City until Witcher 3 came out. I have easily played over 250-300 hours of tw3 and expansions.

Mephala

Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together on PSP.

900+ hr.
TacticsOgre.jpg

I played it on and off for about 6? years. Got a corrupt save at about 300 mark and restarted the whole thing.

maxmars

Easily some kind of simulator back when they were all the rage on PC. We're talking thousands of hours, on what were arguably the first open world games (I mean, some had literally the whole world available). There's simply no game today with that replayability.

Bunga

Witcher 3 plus expansions: 120+ hours (one playthrough)
Fallout 3 - 110 hours (one playthrough)
Dishonored - 100 hours (several playthroughs over two platforms)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution - 90 hours (3 playthroughs)
Fallout 4 - 80 hours (one playthrough)

Brakke

Banned
I mean it's gotta be some Civilization. I played a fucklot of Civ III back in the day. Also Sim City 3000.

In terms of like narrative games though, I've beaten Ogre Batte 64 like 5 times at 40-60 hours each.

ZAMtendo

Obliterating everything that's not your friend
Animal Crossing: New Leaf = 500 hours or so. To be fair I spent a huge chunk playing the multiplayer aspect though.

Nestunt

Final Fantasy VIII and X, and more recently, The Witcher 3.

Don't know the exact number, but you know the drill: +100

Ploid 3.0

CJs6WnM.png

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to finish gearing my team since I had to stop a few hours ago.

A lot of this time was spent on multiplayer, but I doubt any other game comes close that I can look up numbers. So split it in half, even though I gave up on MP since less people play, and they stopped the weekly updates a long time ago.

I haven't even done the Tresspasser, and Hakkon DLC yet. I like playing all types of party compositions and main classes. Which reminds me, maybe Divinity OS is high on my list too, even though I get uninterested in it at the second map somewhere. I do love the first map and trying different builds. It just feels too slow after the first area experimenting is done.

Divinity OS = 152 hours
Divinity OS Enhanced Edition = 242 hours

m_dorian

Something like 1000 hours on Civ V. Much more than this on Civ IV and III separately. And i could guess that i have spent the same amount of time on Rome (not 2) and Medieval 2 Total War.

OuterLimits

A ton of hours with Sid M Pirates. I tend to start a new pirate career every couple months.

Puzzle Quest

Romance of the 3 Kingdoms X

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
~220 hours with Black Flag as Uplay deleted my save 96-hours in... and then two more times, though fortunately I didn't lose anywhere near as much progress in either case as I was being diligent with backup creation.

Edit: Oh, right, The Witcher 3. ~350 hours, though a small chunk of that (no more than 10%) is due to the fact that I restarted the game a few times.

Okami. I collected each and every of those sacred beads dammit.

Probably Persona 3:FES as well. Probably have over 200 hours logged, 180 hours of it persona fusing.

I don't often play games for large amounts of time these days, life just doesn't allow it. That said, I have amassed 146 hours in Hitman, according to Steam. I'm still playing semi-regularly.

I have managed over 100 hours in a few predominantly single player games over the years:

100 hours exactly in Persona 3. I got carried away with creating new Persona, and was ridiculously OP when I finally faced the last boss.

Forza Mortorsport. About 130 and 150 hours in 3 and 4 respectively, over half of which was using the painting tools.

Borderlands 2. Just over 100 hours completing the game and all the DLC.

Final fantasy 7 I think. A couple hundred hours probably.

Others would be Bloodborne, Timesplitters 2, and I'm almost 35 hours into Zelda with 10 shrines done and 3 towers climbed lol

Edit: I must have put a ton of hours into GTA original and 3 also.

Catvoca

Banned
I've done like 8 playthroughs of Bully so probably that. The Witcher 3 might be up there since I played through it twice and I still haven't done Blood and wine so it'll only get higher.

Edit: Oh shit, Minecraft might actually be it.

gelf

I have no idea about the hours involved. My suspicion would be Civilization 2 or 4. Played them to death back in day.

Even with games with multiplayer most of my time will likely been with the single player portion. I have hundreds of hours with Souls titles but I don't actively engage in multiplayer unless someone invades me.

kromeo

The highest I've seen a playtime for was FFXII at 120 hours. Persona 3 and Xenoblade were definitely long, no idea what they ended up at

jonno394

Just over 100 hours with Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii. Potentially will be overtaken by Breath of the Wild soon as I've put 40 hours into it and haven't even explored half the map yet nor started any dungeons.

Fallout 3 could be up there as well with my first play through being around 90 hours. Repeated attempts to start skyrim and complete it (about 4 times) probably amount to over 100 too.

1000 hours is something I've learned not to throw around lightly. I'm just over 1000 hours on Final Fantasy XIV now and I feel like that game consumed me for a solid year.

But I'm sure I spent 1000 hours on Chrono Cross. I'm not sure why. It's not even as good of a game as Trigger. It's shorter though, more digestible, and endlessly replayable.

I definitely have several hundred hours logged on various Squaresoft RPGs, Zeldas, Fire Emblems, and Gran Turismo 2.

Tareskog

Probably my ~700 hours in Binding of Isaac. The flash version and Rebirth combined.
I second place I think Skyrim with about 350h.

Sölf

Persona 4 Golden has over 80 hours in a single playthrough.

Probably over 100 hours in Fire Emblem Awakening.

Definitly more than 100 hours in Fire Emblem - Fates (~40+ hours per route without resets).

I guess those are the biggest for me. All other games where I have playtimes like this do have multiplayer components (well, FE also has them, but I barely use them).

On one runthrough, Dragon Warrior Monsters on the Game Boy.

I played so long that the clock would no longer register my playtime, but I estimate 150-200 hours.

Multiple cumulative playthroughs is probably Shining Force 3 Scenario 1 or Breath of Fire 3.

Top Bottom