• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Series development status

Persona86

Banned
E3 2015 or 2016?

Should be at E3 2013 from all the hints I've seen. :)

Versus Returns: Final Fantasy?
lightningi.jpg

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I think you don't know what you are talking about.

lQ3fKdL.jpg

Exactly. Furthermore I can count about 5-6 people that can still do good for Square.

---------------------

Percentages are nice but they shouldn't just use those just for the sake of communicating with fans. Call me selfish or find me wanting but I expect more then that.

Khrno

Exactly. Furthermore I can count about 5-6 people that can still do good for Square.

Yup. Just because Kitase/Toriyama have been running wild shitting on everything doesn't mean there's no more great talent in the company, also Kensuke Nakahara who is BD's director for example. I just, personally, don't like Nomura games.

Percentages are nice but they shouldn't just use those just for the sake of communicating with fans. Call me selfish or find me wanting but I expect more then that.

I thought Famitsu usually do that on their articles/previews, so I believe it's nothing new, unless I'm confusing magazines.

zoukka

FFX HD is title of the year as far as I'm concerned. I see myself losing well over 200 hours on both games.

Yes, but I can already play that shit on my PS2 if I wanted. HD releases are nice, but hardly something to (pls) get really excited over.

Famassu

Like how much more unexciting could a deveopment roster be? Maybe EA for Wii U.
This list seems to only have the games Kitase & Toriyama would be in charge of, it's hardly the company's full development roster (especially when the west is taken into account).

Khrno

It has its work...really cut out for it then...FF X is really great...one of the absolute best RPG's.

I'm not denying that, but it's just an HD port, if at least it was something like P4G, but it'll fall short to new games like BD or the already released Fire Emblem Awakening (talking about the west since those 2 games aren't from this year in Japan tho).

I'm not denying that, but it's just an HD port, if at least it was something like P4G, but it'll fall short to new games like BD or the already released Fire Emblem Awakening (talking about the west since those 2 games aren't from this year in Japan tho).

It won't fall short to new games because it still holds up to this day.

LuuKyK

Are people being ironic or are some of you really expect them to include how far in development they are into a game thats probably getting reannounced in a week? lol I dont even know anymore

Khrno

It won't fall short to new games because it still holds up to this day.

Oh if that's how you put it, then might as well include A Link to the Past which will be released for Wii U's VC this year. Nothing else will surpass that.

Sorry but a simple port with higher-res textures is not good enough to make it game of the year.

I expect FF8PC to hit sometime late summer-early fall. I still bet on Lightning Returns releasing sometime in the winter just because I'm" used to Final Fantasy games being released during the winter but I guess they may switch it up here. Good thing that they're pretty much nearing completion as they should rake in a respectable amount of profit (along with FFXIV: ARR) by the end of the year.

Zukuu

Banned
nothing of interest here. I'm soooo tired of reruns of the same games...
How about get your shit together square and focus on NEW games in the series? You know, with that man power you could finish versus ffs. Oh, and don't come me with LR... Lightning stands for everything that went wrong with the series.

RPGCrazied

Still hoping Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD comes out in November sometime. My plate is kinda full starting July up until this point. Couldn't care less for Lightning Returns.

Vashetti

Banned
nothing of interest here. I'm soooo tired of reruns of the same games...
How about get your shit together square and focus on NEW games in the series? You know, with that man power you could finish versus ffs. Oh, and don't come me with LR... Lightning stands for everything that went wrong with the series.

There's no confidence in new titles from them.

Hence all this sudden interest in HD collections (FFX/X-2, KH1.5, KH2.5 (all but confirmed, pretty much)) of their older games. They're cheap and straightforward to make compared to new titles.

They're also guaranteed to sell because people have been itching to play these games for years but the ratio of PS3s with PS2 compatibility to those that don't is very skewed.

It also goes without saying that the improvements they've made to these HD collections is nothing short of exemplary. Much better than the others on the market.

I'm all in support for them, Square need the money and I'm prepared to give it for a product I love. It also shows them that there is interest in further specific Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X/X-2 titles too.

Could care less for Lightning Returns.

Couldn't care less for Lightning Returns, you mean?

What you're saying is that you care a lot, because you could care less.

Valnen

Yes, but I can already play that shit on my PS2 if I wanted. HD releases are nice, but hardly something to (pls) get really excited over.

I don't have the international content where I'm from so consider yourself lucky.

Looking forward to seeing content I never got to experience on my first playthroughs.

You'd think the FFXHD collection should be near finished by now if they are gonna ship globally in 2013 o_O

Delayed, or buggy release, or last minute cram?

So they are 70% done with LR in well under a year (They started full development back in August). Is it just me, or does this game sound like it is going to be an absolute train wreck considering everything they say they want to implement?

Top Bottom