• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Karen Gillan just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/karengillan/status/702627779133743107?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

CcA8PgjXEAEDbVM.jpg

Neoxon

Oh cool! She tweeted me back. I'm fan freaking out haha. Instant favorite Guardian. Bring me Mantis.
To my knowledge, she checks her Twitter quite often & is really cool with her fans. But either way, I expect great things from her as Mantis.

Pachimari

The day Mantis dies, is the day I quit the MCU. /s

I actually haven't seen her in a movie yet, but I might watch Oldboy tomorrow. And maybe even Hacker's Game even though the movie is supposed to be bad, but she's at least the main character.

Pachimari

Fuck I'm fan freaking out again haha. James Gunn himself just tweeted me back! I asked if Pom can publically say she's Mantis now that he announced it himself, and he just confirmed what we all already knew. So I tweeted him back telling him, that the guys from GAF really appreciates his contribution to the MCU. :)

[edit]
And he just liked it!

Dalek

Fuck I'm fan freaking out again haha. James Gunn himself just tweeted me back! I asked if Pom can publically say she's Mantis now that he announced it himself, and he just confirmed what we all already knew. So I tweeted him back telling him, that the guys from GAF really appreciates his contribution to the MCU. :)

[edit]
And he just liked it!

That's amazing!

Tom_Cody

[edit]
And he just liked it!
Very cool!

[edit]
And he just liked it!

DUDE! That's pretty sweet.

I had Neil Druckmann like a Tweet and Shuhei Yoshida respond, but that's about the only thing that I can relate to this.

Pachimari

DUDE! That's pretty sweet.

I had Neil Druckmann like a Tweet and Shuhei Yoshida respond, but that's about the only thing that I can relate to this.

I feel like I'm in Hollywood lol. In one week, I get an answer back from both Pom Klementieff (Mantis) and James Gunn.

Now I'm gonna celebrate, watching Oldboy with her in it lol.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
More info on Stallone's GOTG appearance:

http://www.onlocationvacations.com/...-set-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-in-atlanta/

Potential spoilers ahead, this is what we were told from someone on set:

Now, this week, we’ve confirmed with someone on the set that Sylvester Stallone has indeed been filming scenes for Guardians of the Galaxy 2. The tipster, who wishes to remain anonymous, also told us, “His costume looks a lot like Judge Dredd.”

Sly is Nova Corps confirmed.

EDIT: Also, Howard the Duck is confirmed to return for GOTG 2.

Pachimari

Pom Klementieff! <3

I wonder if Howard will have more than a small cameo, like he had in Vol. 1. So who is Stallone gonna be, Nova? I thought Gunn didn't like this character.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Sounds like Stallone is indeed a Nova, but he would be a very... unusual casting choice for Dick Rider himself.

I'm thinking it's more likely that he'll be a movie-original high rank Nova Corps character.

Btw, it's not like Gunn is against using Rider, he just said he feels the second movie would be too soon to introduce him.

&#8220;I don&#8217;t want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important. That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans. Sorry if that upsets you. (...) And I have nothing against Nova in future movies, but it doesn&#8217;t serve the movie right this moment.&#8221;​

That was back in 2014. He probably won't be in the movie, but who knows what might have changed since then. I don't think it's Stallone either way though.

Not sure if this is before or after the set photos above, but it looks like Karen Gillan gets to keep her hair this time.
don't believe!

e7dRvjZ.gif
U4ePMdO.gif

Gunn said this was his own original story so it's very likely that Stallone would play an original Nova Corps officer and not necessarily Richard Rider

Top Bottom