• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Krosia
(09-27-2017, 12:54 PM)
I would like to add that Blizzard was talking about this already back in 2016, so it is not really suprising. They also dismissed stuff like Clash of Clans back then, so Art of Conquest could be a very good pick.

Read more: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...mobile-phones/
jon bones
hot hot hanuman-on-man action
(09-27-2017, 12:57 PM)
hopefully itís good!

a mobile game with more depth than hearthstone and less gatcha elements would be great
Possumowner
(09-27-2017, 01:02 PM)
Not gonna write it off just cus its mobile...yet
SoaringDive
(09-27-2017, 01:15 PM)
I can't wait to gamble with this new game!
OldMuffin
(09-27-2017, 01:20 PM)

Originally Posted by FairyEmpire

Warcraft 4!
*crowd goes wild*
Exclusively for mobiles
*people mumbling*
Free-to-play
*people discussing*
Inspired by Clash Of Clans
*people start to leave*
Featuring MOBA elements and cards
*guns out*

Yup thats pretty much how I imagined it. This is going to be great for all the wrong reasons.
Mr.Deadshot
(09-27-2017, 01:29 PM)
Please don't be Warcraft 4.
SteveWD40
(09-27-2017, 01:30 PM)
Hearthstone is amazing on iPad, I would love something akin to WC2 on iPad (along with map editor) but I imagine it will closer to what's already on mobile, just with higher production value and less dodgy shit.
PrimeBeef
(09-27-2017, 01:36 PM)

Originally Posted by bluexy

As exciting as any new Blizzard game is, if it's gacha then Blizzard can keep it.

As exciting as any new Blozzard game is, it's mobile, so I'll pass. There has not been any Blizzard hame I have passed on going back to their S&S days.
Hari Seldon
(09-27-2017, 01:40 PM)
They probably are leaking this so that they don't get a massive valve level backlash when they announce lol. I'll pass if this is just a polished up version of what already exists on mobile.
maniac-kun
(09-27-2017, 01:46 PM)
Maybe this is a companion app for the unannounced mmo-rts :D Maybe we get a new game announcement at this years Blizzcon.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(09-27-2017, 05:03 PM)

Originally Posted by maniac-kun

Maybe this is a companion app for the unannounced mmo-rts :D Maybe we get a new game announcement at this years Blizzcon.

The job postings are very clearly for a mobile game and not a companion app when you look at them in full.
Arkeband
Banned
(09-27-2017, 05:05 PM)
<banner that is 90% orc cleavage>

Zug zug, my Lord!
Interfectum
(09-27-2017, 05:13 PM)
Blizzard going to make bank on this game if they pull it off.
Nirolak
Mrgrgr
(09-27-2017, 08:09 PM)

Originally Posted by Arkeband

<banner that is 90% orc cleavage>

Zug zug, my Lord!

I'm curious to see how they would intend to monetize something like this, since I'm not 100% certain regular gacha mechanics would be the right fit.

It's not impossible though.
xDUMPWEEDx
Banned
(09-27-2017, 08:13 PM)
I've heard Lineage II: Revolution is pretty good, so I have confidence that Blizzard could pull off something really solid.

Here is the video Swifty did on LII:R. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jmeStjNgfQ
CarbonatedFalcon
(09-27-2017, 10:16 PM)
Just occurred to me that the new Battle.net chat app may be to help preempt a major new mobile release, especially with functionality to add friends via QR code.

Feels like there's a good chance we'll see at least something at Blizzcon about this.