• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut in development, and maybe another new game at E3

Cheech

I actually just tried playing this for the first time last week.

What a god awful piece of shit. Seriously. The controls made Resident Evil 1 feel like CoD. The textures were so low res they gave me headaches. And nothing that went on in the story made any sense.

I'm now using it as a literal coaster. Yes, I set my drinks on Deadly Premonition when I play Mass Effect 3 this week. It's not even worth trading in for 50 cents or whatever pittance I'd get.

I think the first one was a nice package and even though there was space for a sequel, it should probably take on a new story. In fact, I only want the flair and goofiness back, not necessarily even characters. But if the story is as intriguing, I think I'm going to get it anyway.

Edit: So it's not going to be a sequel, which is kinda good news somehow. Hopefully the xbox will get extra content too.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
What would you guys want from DP2?

It would be great if they could solve some of their technical issues and improve the gameplay without sacrificing the weirdness of the original.

What a god awful piece of shit. Seriously. The controls made Resident Evil 1 feel like CoD. The textures were so low res they gave me headaches. And nothing that went on in the story made any sense.

I'm now using it as a literal coaster. Yes, I set my drinks on Deadly Premonition when I play Mass Effect 3 this week. It's not even worth trading in for 50 cents or whatever pittance I'd get.

Please return your gamer card to the nearest game office.

Persona7

Banned
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/8...ion-developer-prequel-and-sequel-on-the-cards

17th August, 2011

Speaking to GameCentral at Gamescom today, SWERY said that he and developers Access Games had plans for a special edition of Deadly Premonition - the oddball survival horror that was one of our favourite games of last year (and recently got a cut-price Xbox Live release). The special edition would feature better graphics than the original

Yeah, I knew this was talked about before.

24hIm.jpg

Better be on a home console or it will be nothing but a cock tease.

Danielsan

I will tell you in all honesty that none of the Mass Effect games stand up to compete against Dead Premonition when it comes to story and characters. That said, the gameplay and graphics are pure jank (though there is something to be said for the DP's character models).

There's something we need to tell you...

Alfredo

Please come to 360. I am willing to pay upwards 60 dollars for a Director's Cut, or anything Deadly Premonition-related.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just talked to Wada - it's going to be a director's cut of the original for PS3, at least in the west. Not sure if an Xbox 360 will or won't be coming.

THIS IS NOT DEADLY PREMONITION 2!
This is still good news. More people get to experience the awesome. And DX content sounds good since I liked the general atmosphere and characters in this game.

mollipen

One of the things Wada mentioned was that the "user interface" in the game wasn't what it should have been, but I'm not sure the exacts of what he was talking about.

Still, that makes me feel that it won't simply be a case of adding new content.

LiK

One of the things Wada mentioned was that the "user interface" in the game wasn't what it should have been, but I'm not sure the exacts of what he was talking about.

GLORIOUS. thank you for the coverage

Alfredo

Maybe the map will actually be usable this time? :O

1. Make it clear how timed events work.
2. Fix the map. (literally, fix it to one orientation)
3. Make enemies absorb less bullet damage/make guns do more damage so melee isn't always the better option.
4. Redo Ignition's WTF subtitle and item description translations.

There, 90% of the game's problems fixed.

OMG Aero

Man, now I don't know whether to get round to finishing the 360 copy I didn't play all the way through or just wait for this.

some people get it, other people dont. dont bother replying with a list of reason why you understood it or we like it cause its hipster...you didnt get it.

eXistor

Why isn't Swery working on something new (is he?). More DP is good, but I'd rather play something new from his...shall we say "unique" mind.

LiK

Why isn't Swery working on something new (is he?). More DP is good, but I'd rather play something new from his...shall we say "unique" mind.
he worked on 2 games after DP, I think. he wasn't enjoying it based on one tweet way back.

Well now I'm glad I didn't give into my urges to pay an exorbitant price to import the JP version. I've been dying to play this, day fucking one. I only watched a few minutes of a playthrough because I didn't want to spoil it for myself in case I did eventually get to play it.

Top Bottom