• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War Ultimate Edition |OT| Welcome back to the army, soldier

leeh

You have to buy the game from that specific region ;)
Damn it, I've just spent the last 20min trying every combination I could to get it unlocked. This used to work a while back, I did it for Titanfall (I think).

Bought it from the UK and I have to wait :(

I just did it a few hours ago. Make sure that you are using a valid US shipping address (yes even for digital codes...).

Are you sure? that would be a bad thing for me, i buy every game from US store and i getting the digital gift card from Amazon.com, make sure you're using a valid US shipping adress
Have a valid address. Have bought over ten digital codes so far and this is the first time it's telling me of some geographical restrictions on the product

Have a valid address. Have bought over ten digital codes so far and this is the first time it's telling me of some geographical restrictions on the product

Seriously it just worked for me like 2 hours ago. When you get that error message you should have the option to update your account info like I did. Just select the US shipping address from there (a pop up menu should appear).

Anyone order this from MS Store? I got my UPS tracking number on Saturday, then an email yesterday telling me my order would arrive today from UPS. The tracking number isn't updating and it never showed up. Both UPS and MS Store support are blaming the other party. UPS says they never got the package, MS Store insists it was shipped.

Ugh.

I ordered an Xbox bundle last week and it still says 'In Processing'. One poster here said that his said 'In Processing' until the day before it arrived so I guess mileage varies. I'm probably sticking with Amazon in the future though. It's just too damn reliable.

Seriously it just worked for me like 2 hours ago. When you get that error message you should have the option to update your account info like I did. Just select the US shipping address from there (a pop up menu should appear).
Thank you for this man. I used my laptop instead of my phone and the US address had indeed been deselected. Order went though fine.

Thanks again!

Nori Chan

Less than 9 hours :(

I'v been watching twitch streams all day trying to figure out which characters are in and watching matches. I'm so hyped

Still a little disappointing they went 30fps on the campaign, as I'm just not seeing anything that makes me think it couldn't be done at 60fps. Sure it looks nicer, but it's not really pushing graphics like the original did back on 360.

I ordered an Xbox bundle last week and it still says 'In Processing'. One poster here said that his said 'In Processing' until the day before it arrived so I guess mileage varies. I'm probably sticking with Amazon in the future though. It's just too damn reliable.

I feel the same way. Did it just to get the MS Rewards, but that didn't work right either.

Leyasu

Banned
I bought a 360 for GoW and yesterday bought an Xbox One for this.

Being able to play original Gears MP on dedicated servers with a renewed player base (and hopefully no crabwalking shitheads) is a dream come true.

Yeah them dedicated servers are calling me. The beta was smooth.... Titanfall smooth, and that is how I like my multiplayer nowadays.

Gears 3 has had a pretty respectable population compared to its age. Really nice retention.

Yeah them dedicated servers are calling me. The beta was smooth.... Titanfall smooth, and that is how I like my multiplayer nowadays.

How will I be good without my host skills though? I remember watching for the double 0 flash on the countdown in Gears 2 that meant you were the host and it was going to get nasty.

Ballistik

Gears 3 has had a pretty respectable population compared to its age. Really nice retention.

How will I be good without my host skills though? I remember watching for the double 0 flash on the countdown in Gears 2 that meant you were the host and it was going to get nasty.

Or you'd toss your smoke in the air and if it twirled, you were host.

nOoblet16

I'm interested, but I'm really not a fan of the aesthetic changes. Should have kept the color tone of the original, imo.

The original had that colour tone only because of the limitation of first gen UE3 when it came to lighting, apart from that I doubt they really want to make it like that because the flaws in lighting showed and were it not for engine limitation they would not have existed (for example look at courtyard, open area but barely any lighting).

This colour tone is more in line with Gears 2 and Gears 3 which had an upgraded engine and hence were not restricted by it as much as the first game. Also Gridlock looks more or less same in terms of colour tone because that was one map where it didn't feel out of place.

Karak

Hope you guys all enjoy it. Funny enough even after playing through it I returned back. A sure sign that Gears has the chops. Despite a couple little issues here and there.

Well, that was a treat trying to load the first page on my iPad. Christ I need a new one with more ram.

Super pumped for this. Should be here tomorrow and then gonna beat all 3.

jadedm17

Gears of War was the reason I got - and fell in love with - the Xbox 360. My closet has a life-size Lancer hanging up and my mom's house has my Gears 3 Xbox 360 I bought day one. I've been at every midnight release (Judgment doesn't count, bleck) and transitioned to PS4, followed by WiiU and a gaming laptop - leaving the XBox One out in the cold.
That reveal (and launch price) pushed me far away but they've made amazing strides since then; I'll be getting one by next Spring.

I'm just sharing my extreme jealousy for those able to play this game*, and I hope any newcomers have as much fun as I did. (Play it Co-op if you can!)

I'm keeping my head down and paying off debts so an Xbox One is out of the question, but I do think I'll end up buying this to stare at until i can play it.

Top Bottom