• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Screenshot_20160929-210537.png
Screenshot_20160927-110916.png
Screenshot_20160927-110934.png

About.png

Developer: A-Lim
Publisher: Square Enix
Distributor(s): (JP) Square Enix / (WW) Gumi Asia
Price: Free (with IAP)
Platforms: iOS & Android & Amazon app
An original free-to-play mobile RPG in the vein of classic Final Fantasy adventures, featuring sprite based graphics, turn based combat and familiar characters from other popular Final Fantasy titles.

Welcome to the thread!

To answer your question, well... yes, sort of.

Brave Exvius is a new Final Fantasy game, in the style of the SNES titles (IV, V, VI). That said, the game plays considerably different from the SNES titles, outside of combat. Combat in FFBE is equivalent to the Wait Mode ATB in these games (everyone acts individually in their team's turn before the opposing team gets their turn). In story and event modes, the player's team always goes first. In arena mode, the team that goes first is randomly chosen at the beginning of each new turn.

There is an original story with original characters. As the game is meant to last for several years, the story is considerably drawn out and may appear to be very slow moving (it at all) at first. As one progresses farther in Story Mode, the story becomes considerably more interesting. Please keep in mind that the story really doesn't begin to really get rolling until four or five islands into the game (Dirnado Isle or Olderion Isle), which can be a considerably long time for a new player. Please bear with the story until then.

The game is belongs to a genre known as gacha, or lottery-style game. In this game, not only are there original characters, but the player also has the be ability to pull characters from other Final Fantasies (both heroes and villains) to join them on their team. This is a major draw of the game. On the flip side, as a lottery-style game, the more desirable or popular characters are often quite hard to obtain, and attempts at pulling for them cost a premium currency (lapis) in the game. A fair amount of lapis given to players over time for various events in the game (Brave Exvius is unusually generous in this regard compared to other games in this genre). Addiitional lapis can be purchased for real-world currency to fund additional activities in the game (refilling energy) or for more attempts at pulling rare units from the slot machine.

Various activities are also inserted into the game from time to time, that offer unique equipments, materia, spells, and so on that are not found in the story mode of the game. These can take the form of a dungeon from another Final Fantasy, an exploration of some kind, or a trial against a powerful boss (which is what everyone in the thread is passionate about at the moment as that is this week's challenge).

In this regard, you could think of this as a single-player MMO, as new content is constantly added to the game weekly and new chapters are being added to the story monthly.

If you want to give the game a try, the community would be more than glad to support you on the way. We are pretty passionate about helping GAF succeed here, each in our own ways.

Story.PNG

Harnessing the power of the crystals, mankind prospered, nations flourished.
But just as day gives way to night, that era of peace proved but a fleeting illusion.
Now, as their world stands on the precipice of ruin, two young knights summon visions
to their side as they strike out on a journey to chase the shadows.​

Information.PNG

Unit Tier List
Exviuswiki.com Unit Rankings
Altema.jp Japanese version tier list
Some top tier units: (30.9.2016) Lightning | Exdeath | Chizuru | Firion | Vaan...
Noteworthy: Most of the units that have 5*
Good Trust rewards: Zidane | Bartz | Luna | Cecil | Miyuki

Rerolling
Currently the easiest known rerolling method involves using a dummy facebook account.
1. Progress through the game until you get 5 Rare summon tickets and do the character pull from "Once a day Featured Summon" banner, it costs 250 Lapis. Then use 5 Rare summon tickets at "Featured summon" (click Summon 500 Lapis and choose Ticket Summon)
2. Login to your dummy facebook account and sync the game with it
3. log out of that facebook account and start the game again from the start
4. Once you get your desired character link it to your real facebook account and enjoy the game.
*game accounts are permanently tied to your facebook account, you should use a dummy facebook account for rerolling purposes.

Trust
Trust is a stat that indicates the level of confidence between you and a unit. To raise a unit's trust percentage, clear quests using the unit or fuse it with an identical unit. Maxing out trust grants you a reward. Trust rewards can be rare weapons, spells and skills in the form of materias. Every unit has an unique trust reward.

Screenshot_20160817-101138.png

Vortex Of Desires
Once a day, you can unlock certain dungeons that are useful for farming awakening materials, crafting materials and leveling units. You can unlock one of the dungeons once per day and use it as many times as you want. If you want to unlock another dungeon, you will have to either wait until the next day or spend some lapis.
Chamber Of Creation - crafting materials
Chamber Of Awakening - materials for awakening units
Chamber Of Experience - for unit exp
Chamber Of Riches - Gil drops

Espers
You can obtain espers by defeating the ones that appear in the main story or through various events.

Screenshot_20160630-145909.png

Adding espers to your party has several merits, such as stat bonuses(1%) and making magic, ability, and summon magic possible.
Once you've filled up the summon gauge espers can be summoned in battle, launching devastating attacks or granting buffs to your whole party.

Colosseum
Test your skills by using party of max 5 units and battling your way thru enemies. Colosseum has 3 different difficulty levels.
BGN / INT / ADV
Harder difficulty opens when you have cleared easier.

Screenshot_20160608-203936.png

Links.PNG

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwLWX13ISaixx_p_DRAlwhg - GAF user @Valentus BE youtube channel with helpful videos
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/ - best english source for information regarding units, espers, spells, skills, trust rewards etc.
https://exviuswiki.com/Main_Page - wiki has a lot of info
https://lapis-news.gumi.sg/en/help.php - Official guide for game mechanics
https://www.finalfantasyexvius.com - official website
https://twitter.com/FFBE_EN - official twitter account
Japanese wikis
http://wiki.famitsu.com/ffbraveexvius
http://altema.jp/ffbe/

New 13.10.2016 Google docs friends ID list, quote to reveal:

Wall of shame

Capture.PNG

iOS Switch Control
If you're an iOS user and don't want to bother with emulators in order to automate your TM farm, this post hopefully answers some questions on how to set up your phone to do it. Setting up Switch Control for TM farm is a bit tricky due to the limitations they have, so if you don't even know what they are it'll probably seem a lot more complex at first than it actually is.

What is a Switch Control?

First, here's Apple's official support article about switch control: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201370

To explain it shortly, Switch Control is a way to control your phone with a switch and a recipe. A switch is an action you do, and it can be a full screen tap, moving your head or doing a page flip swipe on the screen. A recipe is a pre-recorded set of actions, like taps on a screen. Thel limitation for a recipe is 5 taps and 10 seconds, which is why it gets a bit tricky. You can't automate a single run of Earth Shrine in one recipe, for example.

My recipe

Here's a screenshot of my recipe, visible on screen:

EeLOmA0.png

The circles on screen are some of the prerecorded taps I've done. The switch for this recipe is a full screen tap. So every time I tap once on the screen, the recipe will proceed through the prerecorded taps. If I tap 10 times, they will queue up and repeat once for every tap I've done on the screen while the controls are running. I'm not sure if there's a limit to how many taps you can queue, but it's probably pretty high.

Now, on to the taps themselves and why are they where they are. It's a bit difficult to explain, but there are 3 taps you need to be able to do:

-Tap 1 will navigate the menus by tapping on the most center item. This will either select the Earth Shrine entrance stage, or select a friend. In battle, it'll attack with unit 1.
-Tap 2 is positioned so that it'll hit the "Next" button in the stage completion screen, and the "Depart" button after you select a stage and a friend. It will also attack during battle, like the other taps.
-Tap 3 is basically the same as 2, but it's a bit lower. As you can see from the screenshot, it should hit the "Next" button in the mission screen, and overlap with the "Next" and "Depart" buttons.

The order doesn't matter that much, but the quickest to navigate the menus is 1-3-2. Entrance (1) - Next (3) - Select Friend (2) - recipe restarts - Depart (2).

Any of the taps will also advance the game in areas where a tap is required.

Lastly, this switch control needs to be started on the stage selection screen, when you select Earth Shrine on the map.

Creating a Switch Control

Ok, so how do you make one of these? This is mostly covered by the article but here's a quick rundown:

First, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Switch Control > Switches
Add a new switch. Choose Screen > Full Screen > Tap
Add a new recipe. Choose Recipes > Create New Recipe. Give it a name, and assign it the full screen tap switch. Now, you'll need record the taps blindly on the screen. It'll most likely take a few tries, but luckily is pretty quick to test.
Once you're done, set it as the launch recipe.
Lastly, go back to the Accessibility menu. Scroll all the way down and set the Accessibility Shortcut to Switch Control.

Now, if you did everything correctly, you can triple click the home button and the Switch Control should turn on. Tap on the screen and it should start repeating. You're done. Get those TMs!

A few limitations

-You'll need to be full on friends in order to TM farm. None of the taps will interact with the add friend popup.
-You'll most likely need to monitor the control in order to not run out of energy or if there's an interruption. Just triple click and turn the control off.
-You need to have room in your material inventory.
-If you want to turn the switch control off while you have taps queued, you need to turn the screen off from the side/top button and triple click from the lock screen. Otherwise the control will play all queued taps before turning the control off.

edited 23/11 to reflect some of the UI changes made in the previous patch.

chrono01

Thanks for the OT!

Second OT, in such a short period of time? That's what I like to see. Try this game, people!

leehom

Soo, do I wait for a Cecil that might never come? Obtained two from the Mog event and the others from this current event.

Folstern

Soo, do I wait for a Cecil that might never come?

That's hard to say. If you are willing to bump up your unit slots I'd say it is worth keeping them for a future Cecil. His 6* isn't far away and chances are they will have him on the banner.

Malakhov

Banned
From what I read it's impossible to get more than 16000 shards in two weeks without refills. And that's 24/7 farming without wasting any NRG. So looks like if we get the SQ, Tickets and Equipment, we dont have enough to awaken our units.

tuffymon

From what I read it's impossible to get more than 16000 shards in two weeks without refills. And that's 24/7 farming without wasting any NRG. So looks like if we get the SQ, Tickets and Equipment, we dont have enough to awaken our units.

Does this factor in at least 1 level up, the 2 energy bottles we got a few days ago, or another bottle gained before the event is over?

CCIE

Banned
Nice OT2 Thread! I'm in the same boat, except I have 20 pots and no Cecil. Thinking I may spend them on Lenna

Rixa

I have 2 pots and 2 Cecils. But Cecil nr 1. is 5* and Cecil nr 2 I pulled as 4* :p. I guess Iam going to keep those pots for some time.

New event in few hours time and soon Ill know what kind of unit Vaan 6* is \o/.

I'd be curious to see a translated version of Altema. I have no idea who a few of the characters are including the #1 rated (well, tied) damage dealer.

Rixa

I'd be curious to see a translated version of Altema. I have no idea who a few of the characters are including the #1 rated (well, tied) damage dealer.

Use Google chrome and right click mouse & choose translate. You get quite good idea about units in JP. Obviously names can be different than in Global and most of the units havent released Global.

Altema 6* tier list top 11

1. Eileen
2. Orlando
3. Tidus
4. Gilgamesh
5. Tilith
6. Vargas
7. Trance Terra
8. Rikku
9. Rem
10. Laxnes (who?) Luneth
11. Refia

Not sure what is the English calling name to Laxnes. Its Luneth, thanks Shouta for telling this.

bonkeng

Soo, do I wait for a Cecil that might never come? Obtained two from the Mog event and the others from this current event.

What are your units?

Based on Altema, here's the currently available units in global that are good for the pots:

Lightning = 410% ST attack + 54% def down

WoL = 390% Light AoE attack, +74% party def up

Exdeath = 390% Dark AoE attack, 74% chance random status ailments

Cecil = +74% party buff (atk, def, spr) for 3 turns

Use Google chrome and right click mouse & choose translate. You get quite good idea about units in JP. Obviously names can be different than in Global and most of the units havent released Global.

1. Eileen
2. Orlando
3. Tidus
4. Gilgamesh
5. Tilith
6. Vargas
7. Trance Terra
8. Rikku
9. Rem
10. Laxnes (who?)
11. Refia

Not sure what is the English calling name to Laxnes.
Eileen must be a FFBE character and crazy that made one that strong. Wonder if she'll be as easy to pull as Charlotte. They made Rem that strong? and Rikku? Huh. I'm guessing Auron still isn't in the game then. Thanks for posting! I should look into what Firefox offers. I've never bothered with any of the plug-ins, I do simplistic web browsing ;p

unrealist

Lightning isn't in the top 11 and people are spending huge amounts already.. imagine Orlandu coming out .. I wonder how many will rage quit

Shouta

1. Eileen
2. Orlando
3. Tidus
4. Gilgamesh
5. Tilith
6. Vargas
7. Trance Terra
8. Rikku
9. Rem
10. Laxnes (who?)
11. Refia

Not sure what is the English calling name to Laxnes.

Luneth. Did you play FF3?

Eileen is an FFBE character. She should be lower than she is right now IMO because, while her HP/MP buffs are good, her Petrify resistance is situational. She also lacks good attacks to hit all enemies naturally. She does have crazy high attack though.

Rixa

Luneth. Did you play FF3?

Eileen is an FFBE character. She should be lower than she is right now IMO because, while her HP/MP buffs are good, her Petrify resistance is situational. She also lacks good attacks to hit all enemies naturally. She does have crazy high attack though.

That explains :) Havent played it. My FF career started with PS1 / FFVII. I have earlier FFs in Vita but havent started them. Going to start one tomorrow.

Thanks for closing the old thread.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Interesting, so people have to prioritize for once. I'm sure there will be some pieces people are missing though.

UrSuLeTzU

I have 2 pots and 2 Cecils. But Cecil nr 1. is 5* and Cecil nr 2 I pulled as 4* :p. I guess Iam going to keep those pots for some time.

New event in few hours time and soon Ill know what kind of unit Vaan 6* is \o/.

What are your units?

Based on Altema, here's the currently available units in global that are good for the pots:

Lightning = 410% ST attack + 54% def down

WoL = 390% Light AoE attack, +74% party def up

Exdeath = 390% Dark AoE attack, 74% chance random status ailments

Cecil = +74% party buff (atk, def, spr) for 3 turns

Holy shit, I've had WoL for months and didn't know he gave party def up. I made my dupe Exdeath chug all the pots and he's almost lb lvl 5 now. Did I make a terrible mistake?

Rixa

Interesting, so people have to prioritize for once. I'm sure there will be some pieces people are missing though.

Iam not buying this. Iam fairly sure that Gumi has tweaked drop rates & amounts so that you can get far more than 16k. My guess is this will be about same situation than Mogcakes had (ie plentiful).

Iam rather curious about:

a) Is it better to run ADV Exploration
or
b) IS PRO/ELT quest better

^^ Might be again time vs quantity situation (just like in Mogcakes). Well soon we will find out :).

wilstreak

is there any guide for the current event?
are we only got 6 auracite shard for each event?

half pull got 4 star Geffgarion.
Not sure what he good at.
TMR seems decent, but not as good as eventual ATK +30%

tuffymon

I wish I could tell you which mob to focus on... the archer did charge shot 20 and did 1800~ to my wanna be tank... a hit from the knight did around 900~, the blm? thundaga for 1k-1.5k, than for some reason the mobs were healing for 4k~ it was nuts...

Dusky

Tried ELT. Went in with an unorganised team and messed up at the boss fight.

Tried a 2nd time and finished it. Boss fight is a little annoying if you can't one shot them as their turn is all down to RNG really.

Beat elite first try. Was a tough one but I think I now have an idea of what to do to get through it. Also helped that I saved all my LBs til the end which killed 2 bosses and left the other two really wounded.

bonkeng

YOU MOTHERFUCKER

I GOT A GODDAMN SHADOW

DELITA IS ALL I WANT

I'LL PROBABLY GET A KAIN TOMORROW

Maybe the rate for Delita is good, so keep pulling :D

Congrats. You are officially the luckiest guy ever :p

New thread hype!

edit: I spent a tix, I'm happy:

Nice, Garland, better than Delita at 6* lol.

Got my millionth Rydia from pull. Sigh.

Bonkeng. You're so lucky. You officialy dethroned Chilly.

Lol. No one can dethrone Chilly.

Hmmm, So this event has an exclusive skill for Delita. Gotta find out.

Folstern

CoD wrecks in this event. I guess the second one I have will come in handy.

Daily pull: Russell. I haven't gotten a single useful unit out of a daily pull.

scarlet

So the katana needs 120 mats and each mats cost 160 shards. So we need 19.200?

I guess tickets are my main priority now.

Edit: I was wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom