• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2016

maxcriden

For Nintendo games? Or for indie games in general? For indies, there is. Hell, I have 2 games that start sale today..

Yeah, for Nintendo games. I'll gladly check out the indie sale. And I was wrong, no Christmas sale last year, either.

At the least, if tons of indies are on sale this week, the PR could convey that in a way more indicative of special holiday sales.

I was kinda hoping Atlus would have another one of their sales. Lol I know there's been a billion of them in the past , but I just recently found out that the devil survivor series is right up my alley gameplay wise.

Also bummed that we don't seem to be getting the Fates DLC sale. Also add me on the list for being bummed by NOA not listing sales anymore.

TheMoon

I was kinda hoping Atlus would have another one of their sales. Lol I know there's been a billion of them in the past , but I just recently found out that the devil survivor series is right up my alley gameplay wise.

Also bummed that we don't seem to be getting the Fates DLC sale. Also add me on the list for being bummed by NOA not listing sales anymore.

go here, have sales :)

http://www.perfectly-nintendo.com/nintendo-eshop-sales/

I think that eShop indie site also lists them.

So are yall planning to sell your wiiu games or even the system? Im def keepin the system but might sell the online focus games.

Why would one do that?

LayLa

Surprisingly (to me anyway) the MyNintendo discount for the Steamworld Heist on 3DS stacks with the 50% off in the sale, reducing the price to £5.61. Might not be the best usage of gold coins for some but I'm happy enough with it.

Zeeman

So looking at the Capcom sale, somehow MH4U has a higher sale price than MHG in Canada. Also, the new Phoenix Wright is $26.79, very tempted to grab it.

RedToad64

Mario Party 2 is lacking the upgrade fee. How many times is Nintendo going to mess this up? I would think they would remember by now.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Weird, I clearly saw the Dracula X page as well. Konami gonna Konami??

Also yay at AA6 being $20, only had to pay $13 after left over funds in my wallet.

Just seen that Zombie brigade game is free is you own cube life, how is that dev actually making any money? They seem to give out free games like sweets, I've had 2 free games off them so far (colour zen and cube life) not complaining though

Oregano

Just seen that Zombie brigade game is free is you own cube life, how is that dev actually making any money? They seem to give out free games like sweets, I've had 2 free games off them so far (colour zen and cube life) not complaining though

I think Cube Life is one of those Minecraft clones that did hilariously well in Japan.

SummitAve

Banned
Does the shop delete your CC info after some period of time? Trying to make a purchase and it's saying I have nothing stored...

BooJoh

While there's no Nintendo sale, there's a lot of gems on sale. I'm thinking I'll probably grab Pirate Pop Plus.

If you're a fan of shmups Steel Empire is pretty good and $10 is about as good as it's going to get, down from its usual premium $30 price tag.

donny2112

Nintendo is not limited to starting a sale on Thursday. They may still have a Christmas sale that starts Christmas Eve (more likely Friday or Monday, though). Have hope! VC games need to be sold!

TheMoon

Nintendo is not limited to starting a sale on Thursday. They may still have a Christmas sale that starts Christmas Eve (more likely Friday or Monday, though). Have hope! VC games need to be sold!

Not happening. They're not gonna steal the spotlight from third parties during a Holiday sale.

Shiggy

I completely missed that they also released Picross e7 this week. Guess I need to buy one of those 50EUR eShop cards for 45EUR.

PtM

Banned
For your interest, the save bug of Unwritten Tales seems to have been patched. There still are some sound issues, apparently. Brought to you by Miiverse.

Pokemaniac

For your interest, the save bug of Unwritten Tales seems to have been patched. There still are some sound issues, apparently. Brought to you by Miiverse.

Yeah, I got that around when the sale started, and the only serious issue I've seen in the first couple scenarios was the sound dropping out for a few seconds occasionally. The framerate can also get kinda low at times, but that's somewhat mitigated by the point and click adventure style gameplay.

oatmeal

Banned
I've been freaking out about AW: Dual Strike not being on for awhile. Enough that I bought it for the DS out of desperation last week.

Then I go on the eshop today and it's been up since dec 1?

Goddamnit.

GulAtiCa

I've been freaking out about AW: Dual Strike not being on for awhile. Enough that I bought it for the DS out of desperation last week.

Then I go on the eshop today and it's been up since dec 1?

Goddamnit.
You must be cursed.

Can you go out and physically buy Soul Blazer on SNES for me so it shows up? Lol

Shiggy

Hey don't blame me, I'm cleaning my place right now! :p

I know, it isn't your fault. Had Nintendo published the weekly download list, you could have at least nipped all criticism on the lack of good releases or sales in the bud. But without that list, there's no criticism, and so you have nothing to do either.

Camjo-Z

Got Pirate Pop Plus on sale because it looked kind of cool. Do you like Pang (aka Buster Bros.) but wish it was infinite score-attack style instead of level based, had a gravity switching mechanic, and took up only a tiny part of the screen you're playing it on? Then this is the game for you!

It's not bad, but if the developer's intent was to surpass the game they were taking "inspiration" from then they still have a ways to go. I have to give them props for including cross-buy though.

EDIT: After playing it for a few more hours: the gameplay is much more solid and replayable than similar games attempting to capture that simple arcade feel (coughWhoaDavecough), but at the same time that's not exactly difficult to achieve when you're outright cloning the winning formula of Pang. Also, the attempt at a Game Boy aesthetic is neat but the default screen size is simply way too small, and while you can enlarge it the resolution gets all fuzzy just like when playing a GB Virtual Console game (which is understandable when playing a game from the 90's, but there's really no excuse for a game released in 2016 to not run in native resolution at a decent size on the platform it was designed for).

Despite my complaints, for $2.50 it's a fun little game if you're not looking for anything too ambitious, and definitely not the worthless garbage Destructoid's review would suggest.

etrain911

Awww, I was hoping for some kind of holiday sale since I missed picking up Dream Team last go-around. I'm playing through Paper Jam right now and just feel like even with the excessive tutorials, Dream Team would feel more fun.

TheMoon

Even then, there's a whole lot of stuff to drop your cash on. I certainly can't afford all the things on sale I'd still want. Still gotta buy that FEF DLC.

Shiggy

Wii U:
Nintendo Selects: New Super Mario Bros. U + New Super Luigi U (Nintendo) - 19,99 € (bis zum 8.Januar, normaler Preis: 24.99 €)
Nintendo Selects: Super Mario 3D World (Nintendo) - 19,99 € (bis zum 8.Januar, normaler Preis: 24.99 €)
Mario & Sonic at the 2016 Rio Olympic Games™ (Nintendo) - 34,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 49.99 €)
Nintendo Selects: LEGO® City Undercover (Nintendo) - 19,99 € (bis zum 8.Januar, normaler Preis: 24.99 €)
Pokémon Tekken (Nintendo) - 41,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 59,99 €)
Splatoon (Nintendo) - 27,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 39,99 €)

Wii U - VC:
Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 08. Januar, normaler Peis; 4,99 €)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 08. Januar, normaler Peis; 4,99 €)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 08. Januar, normaler Peis; 4,99 €)

Wii U - 3rd party sale:
360 Breakout (nuGAME) - 5,00 € (bis zum 26. Januar, normaler Preis: 7,00 €)
Queen's Garden (Joindots) - 3,49 € (bis zum 26. Januar, normaler Preis: 6,99 €)

Nintendo 3DS
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (Nintendo) - 27,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 39,99 €)
Nintendo Selects: LEGO® City Undercover The Chase Begins (Nintendo) - 15,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis; 19,99 €)
Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) - 31,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 44,99 €)
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games™ (Nintendo) - 27,99 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 39,99 €)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo) - 31,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 44,99 €)
Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) - 31,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 44,99 €)
BOXBOXBOY!™ (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 4,99 €)

Nintendo 3DS - VC
Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 4,99 €)
Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels™ (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 4,99 €)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (Nintendo) - 3,49 € (bis zum 8. Januar, normaler Preis: 4,99 €)

Nintendo 3DS - 3rd party sale
Alien on the run (Joindots) - 3,34 € (bis zum 5. Januar, normaler Preis; 4,99 €)
Crazy Construction (Joindots) - 4,68 € (bis zum 5. Januar, normaler Preis; 6,99 €)
Safari Quest (Joindots) - 3,49 € (bis zum 26. Januar, normaler Preis; 6,99 €)
Carps & Dragons (Abylight) - 1,99 € (bis zum 12. Januar, normaler Preis; 4,99 €)
Music on: Electric Guitar (Abylight) - 0,79 € bis zum 12. Januar, normaler Preis; 1,99 €)
Musicverse: Electronic Keyboard (Abylight) - 3,19 € (bis zum 12. Januar, normaler Preis; 7,99 €)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB) - 3,99 € (bis zum 5. Januar, normaler Preis: 7,99 €)
Cubit The Hardcore Platformer Robot (Coderchild) - 2,09 € (bis zum 19. Januar, normaler Preis: 2,99 €)
Stickman Super Athletics (CoderChild) - 2,09 € (bis zum 19. Januar, normaler Preis; 2,99 €)
WordsUp! Academy (CoderChild) - 2,09 € (bis zum 19.Januar, normaler Preis: 2,99 €)

Nintendo 3DS - Video
Shin Chan Vol. 4 (TV Asahi) - 1,99 €
Shin Chan Vol. 5 (TV Asahi) - 1,99 €

Nintendo 3DS - Design
Pokémon Adventure Partner (Nintendo) -1,99 €
Pokémon Full-power ZMoves (Nintendo) - 1,99 €

http://www.ntower.de/news/44017-die-nintendo-downloads-der-woche-für-den-29-12-2016/

The Shin Chan videos are pretty bad by the way. The first one is free of charge.

Dee Dee

Thank you for posting this terribly underwhelming eShop PR.
Also, please put New Super Luigi U standalone on sale, or back as a MyNintendo Reward, Ninty EU. Pretty please.

So what does 2017 have in store for the 3DS apart from DQ VIII?

And when will Circle bring Mercenaries Saga 3 to EU? :3

Shiggy

Thank you for posting this terribly underwhelming eShop PR.
Also, please put New Super Luigi U standalone on sale, or back as a MyNintendo Reward, Ninty EU. Pretty please.

I'm surprised there are no new releases.

So what does 2017 have in store for the 3DS apart from DQ VIII?

First party wise:
Box Boy 3, Yoshi, Yokai Watch 2, Mario Sports: Superstars, Miitopia, Ever Oasis, Pikmin,

Dee Dee

Oh yes, I completely forgot about EverOasis. And "Pikmin". Not sure what to think of that - looks like what they did with the Chibi Robo platformer. A spinoff no one asked for. At least that includes a chance at Pikmin amiibos I assume?

We really need a Detective Pikachu localisation too - but Miitopia is confirmed for Western Release, or are we just assuming (rightfully so, in my opinion)?

Is there a chance that they'll bring over the new Momotaru Dentetsu game by the way?

CrRpIS_VYAAfgYM_thumb.jpg

Yeah, probably not. :/

Camjo-Z

Oh yes, I completely forgot about EverOasis. And "Pikmin". Not sure what to think of that - looks like what they did with the Chibi Robo platformer. A spinoff no one asked for. At least that includes a chance at Pikmin amiibos I assume?

We really need a Detective Pikachu localisation too - but Miitopia is confirmed for Western Release, or are we just assuming (rightfully so, in my opinion)?

I fully expect to see Detective Pikachu get a localization closer to the release of the movie for that brand synergy. Plus, since it's episodic they'd be able to bundle a couple of them together to do a retail release as well.

Also at least Pikmin is still getting a real installment alongside the spin-off no one asked for.

Top Bottom