• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What time do you start and leave work?

Xun

9-6 Monday to Friday.

It takes an hour and 30 mins to get to and from work so it's a drag to be honest.

CMDBob

I usually leave the house at 8:10am for the bus, arrive in Sheffield city centre at about 8:40ish and get in work about 8:45. Work up to 4:50-55 then leave. I get home at about 5:10ish as I get a lift home. Not too shabby. Get flexible lunch and breaks and that too. As long as the work gets done then they're pretty lax at Sheffield Hallam.

I get in around 3AM, work until 4 or 5PM.

Basically, until the work needing to be done is finished for the day.

Currently understaffed, but hoping that gets fixed soon.

Maximus P

I'm in hotel management.

The shifts differ and i normally try to put myself on during busy periods to help out the staff. Which can range anywhere from 6am starts to 8pm starts with 2/3am finishes. Unfortunately, i seem to be called away to meetings and over night stays at other hotels quite recently so my time at the hotel I'm running is limited.

The problem with hotels is that they never close for business, ever, so I'm on call 24 hours a day, everyday. I've had calls on Christmas day before where I've had to drop whatever I'm doing to go in.

Simo

Start at 3 pm and end at 1:30 am with a 1hr lunch. It Suuuuuuuuuuuuuucks!!!

Heh I start at 2:30pm and end at 1am with a 30 minute lunch. : I do get three 15 minute breaks on top of that tho.

Mon to Thursday. 3 day weekends!

Truant

Really depends. I don't have set times, as much as I have stuff I need to do. I try to be at the office before 9, and I leave around 15/16. I work a lot from home, though.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
6 am - 2 pm (morning shift)
Noon - 7 pm (afternoon shift). Working afternoon shift means working on Saturday morning.

geardo

Heh I start at 2:30pm and end at 1am with a 30 minute lunch. : I do get three 15 minute breaks on top of that tho.

Mon to Thursday. 3 day weekends!

God dammit, my schedule is a random mess. I'll work like 3 days, get a day off. Work two, get one off. Work another three get two off. Work one, get one off. Plus my manager is a month behind getting the schedule out in comparison to the other shifts, so I only know when I'm working like a week out from now. Some one kill me.

I work 6am to 4 pm 10 hour shifts 4 days a week saturday through tuesday, we dont get a lunch hour or break. Some days you can relax and eat something and some days you're going call to call with no end in sight haha.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
08:20 - 17:00 M-F. Have a negotiated working from home day once a week but often can't exercise it

Also a bastard of a commute - leave the house 06:30, get home 18:45 on a good day - so just over 12 hours door to door

I’m on a rotating shift pattern. My standard hours are 6-1:40 mon-fri one week, then 1:30-22:00 mon-thur & 1:30-5:30 fri, the following week. I sometimes do overtime outside of those hours, including the odd Saturday morning.

bman94

I usually get in around 8:00, 8:10, although by contract I really don't have to be there until 8:30. If I have rehearsal after work I usually leave around 7PM. If no rehearsal after work I usually leave around 6 once my rehearsal is over.

snacknuts

we all knew her
I do business management and a bit of development for a software company. I usually start work at 7 - 7:30, unless I work from home, in which case I start at 6:30 - 7. Work usually stops at 4 - 4:30 regardless of start time, unless I have a big project going with deadlines, in which case I go until necessary, but that has only happened a couple times in the two years I've been here).

I'm in hotel management.

The shifts differ and i normally try to put myself on during busy periods to help out the staff. Which can range anywhere from 6am starts to 8pm starts with 2/3am finishes. Unfortunately, i seem to be called away to meetings and over night stays at other hotels quite recently so my time at the hotel I'm running is limited.

The problem with hotels is that they never close for business, ever, so I'm on call 24 hours a day, everyday. I've had calls on Christmas day before where I've had to drop whatever I'm doing to go in.

Yikes, man. That really sucks. I had a job for about a year where I was on call 24/7 and I hated every second of it. Walking away from that office on my last day was legitimately one of the top five happiest moments of my life.

jmood88

The day starts at 6:45 am and usually ends around 5:30 pm, though I have a lot of freedom in the middle to go on long breaks if I've done everything else I need to do.

Sorithin

I just started a new job on Monday and am surprised to learn this office is very conservative. Most people come in at 8:00, take a full hour lunch at basically the same time and then leave at 5:00. They also don’t do casual Fridays, so should give you an idea of how conservative it is.

My old job was much more relaxed - you came in when you want and can leave when you put in your time. I was doing 7:00 to 3:00 and skipping lunch and just snacked/ate my desk. Most people came in around 8:00ish tho. This job was also 7.5 hours a day, my new job is 8 hours a day.

I’m definitely not used to getting in “late” and leaving “late”. It’s really effecting my mood, I find I have no time to really do anything when I get home, I hate that feeling that I am at work more than at home. I am so used to going to bed around 9:30 too that I still need to go to bed at this time now.

So, my question - what hours do you work and what’s your work environment like?

My job is just like this. But the real kicker is I work with only 4 other people (all middle-aged/old men and I'm a mid-20s girl) and still have to dress up every day and work 8-5 with an hour lunch. I don't see anyone except my coworkers, so it really sucks and is honestly really stupid.. currently pursuing other jobs.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Come in when I want, leave when I want as long as the work is done. That typically means I'm working more than 8 hours but on rare occasion it does allow for a 5-6 hour work day.

sephiroth7x

I'm on flexitime which is good so have to do my hours every week but can choose when I do them. One of the perks of the job.

Obviously there is some times that I have to be in depending on meetings or courses etc. but in a general sense I pick my hours. Normally coming in at 6.30am and leaving at around 3... sometimes sooner depending on what I have for the day.

I love that I have these hours, though sometimes I am required to do a night shift for certain duties so will finish at 3, then head back into work at 9pm but take the hours off the next day.

Top Bottom