• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vice Principals - Danny McBride & Walton Goggins - Season 2 - Sundays on HBO

Looking forward to this one. Loved season 1. It's like a spiritual successor to Eastbound and Down with a similar vibe. Was waiting for it to return.

Rewatching the last episode, almost forgot just how incredible Walton Goggins is in this. And Danny McBride's interactions with Ray, lmao.

Chase17

"I do not have a weapon"

Lost it at the roar. Pretty good episode to set up the second season. Good to have the show back.

"It's the weirdest and most confusing gangbang I've been in. And I've been in a few."

That and Gamby ranting in the cafeteria were awesome.

mm04

Love this show. Goggins and McBride friggin kill it. It's so damn over the top it's hilarious. I mean the tattoo...who thinks of that? I'm glad they also address the obvious suspects right off the bat.

Love this show. Goggins and McBride friggin kill it. It's so damn over the top it's hilarious. I mean the tattoo...who thinks of that? I'm glad they also address the obvious suspects right off the bat.

While rewatching the Season 1 finale, I got a really strange suspicion that the shooter was Ray. I don't really know why he would do it though, hahaha

SlickVic

Strong premiere IMO. The Gamby-Russell dynamic is probably what I enjoy the most about the show. Looking forward to the rest of the reason.

While rewatching the Season 1 finale, I got a really strange suspicion that the shooter was Ray. I don't really know why he would do it though, hahaha

Ray wants to be Gamby pretty badly and feels threatened by him, which is why he's so nice all the time. I could see him being the shooter.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
XIDjtMp.gif

Jurf4OO.gif

Mrbob

I watched season one and thought it was a bit hit or miss at times, though I enjoyed it overall, To me this show started to gather some footing by the end of season one and it carried into tonight. The episode tonight was the strongest yet, excited to see how this show finishes out now.

Oh man it's as good as ever. McBride and Goggins are so great in here im just grinning everytime they have a scene together haha

Ray is such a good dude too lol. Shea Wigham is always dope

Rewatched the first season real quick over the weekend so I'd go into this with everything fresh on the mind. Great start. I just love all these characters so much. Gamby and Ray's evolving relationship is great. And omg @ Goggins' delivery on the orgy lines. What a god.

It was a smart move to shoot this entire show all in one go a year or two ago whenever they did that. The chemistry and everything is so hot.

Also the student singing that song at his welcome back assembly and then stroking the back of his head as he got on stage LOL. Gamby's face had this quick moment of what in the fuck.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
It was a smart move to shoot this entire show all in one go a year or two ago whenever they did that. The chemistry and everything is so hot.

I was thinking that. Might have been the strongest season opener I've ever seen for a show because it felt like the previous season was just continuing.

Also think the shooter will be:

seSgVRL.jpg

Because it would be perfect.

Socreges

Banned
I was thinking that. Might have been the strongest season opener I've ever seen for a show because it felt like the previous season was just continuing.

Also think the shooter will be:

seSgVRL.jpg

Because it would be perfect.
Definitely her

Not sure why I'm using spoilers

Nesotenso

was the soundtrack on episode 1 really from hotline miami? I have never played the games but I just kept thinking this sounds amazing.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
My new theory is that it was Nash and she was as obsessed with getting the Vice Principal gig as Gamby and Russell were with becoming Principal. Or some weird obsessive stalker shit - she does have his haircut

It was still Lee Russell

Also the student singing that song at his welcome back assembly and then stroking the back of his head as he got on stage LOL. Gamby's face had this quick moment of what in the fuck.
Wait what? Really? So this entire show has been completed already??

Socreges

Banned
Yes, they shot it all at once a couple of years ago. It's just been sitting there since last Fall. :p
Was it even edited and everything?

Would be interesting to see if the audience had grown in the interim since season 1 aired. That was probably one of the benefits HBO foresaw, beyond just avoiding viewer fatigue with 18 episodes.

Was it even edited and everything?
It sounds like it. Here's an interview from July 2016:
“Vice Principals” was officially ordered by HBO over two years ago. Was it a long process to make?

We ended “Eastbound” in 2013 and we spent all of 2014 writing [“Vice Principals”]. We had a writers room open for a year and we wrote all 18 episodes before we shot. And then we spent all of last year shooting it all. We actually delivered the last episode of the whole series to HBO last week. For the first time I’m not thinking about vice principals fighting for a principal job anymore.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
McBride and Goggins' chemistry is amazing. Hopefully they continue to work together after this.

was the soundtrack on episode 1 really from hotline miami? I have never played the games but I just kept thinking this sounds amazing.
No. Last season had tons of synthwave too.

Awesome first episode. Laughed much more than in any of season 1. Super glad to have the show back. It's a pleasure to watch every week.

Top Bottom