• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda game set in Link to the Past world coming to the 3DS, holiday 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer a new 2D game by flagship. Minish Cap was great and looked great as well(oracle games where great too). Apparently flagship is gone, is the core group still together somewhere?

A lot of the people who worked at Flagship work at Nintendo now, making Zelda games. Skyward Sword was actually directed by the same person who directed The Minish Cap, Hidemaro Fujibayashi.

They are technically different enemies.

No.

We had this discussion in the Nintendo Direct announcement thread.

And I made this:

nL5B86P.png

Notice how few of the positions say "Flagship," and most of them say "Capcom."

Most of the people from the Oracle / Minish Cap teams continued to work on Capcom games after Nintendo EAD decided to make their own dedicated Zelda portable games. A few defected to the Nintendo ecosystem, but even then, they mainly worked on Kirby + Pokemon spinoffs.

This is a commonly held gaming misconception.

Rat Salad

Banned
Ive been trying to ignore 3DS for awhile beause ihave an Ipad but Christ its games like this that make me say fuck this and just run out and buy one now. Umm, any deals on one anywhere? Best to wait abit for some new deal coming along? Theres already 3 other games ive been wanting anyways.

beta_fuse

I'm so happy they went in this direction. I've been waiting for a top down handheld Zelda in the LTTP style for a while. I can understand why people are a bit skeptical of the art and color palette based on the trailer but we only really saw one dungeon and a bit of the overworld.

Kurt

I start beginning to like to art style.
It's just the change from the old style to the new style that is weird.

But after all, this could be one of the best zelda games ever.

Hakai

I'm impressed how much people are picking on art styles lately.

Wind Waker HD

Yoshi Island 3DS

Zelda 3DS

Is this a thing now?

Kokonoe

Banned
THIS IS WAY BETTER THAN MAJORAS MASK

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Holiday 2013? Guess Holiday 2013 it's finally worth owning a 3DS.

Ive been trying to ignore 3DS for awhile beause ihave an Ipad but Christ its games like this that make me say fuck this and just run out and buy one now. Umm, any deals on one anywhere? Best to wait abit for some new deal coming along? Theres already 3 other games ive been wanting anyways.

I think you messed the best deal a couple weeks ago where the xl was like $160 at target or something like that

Neiteio

PH and ST could really only be controlled with the touchscreen because all the action took place down there... just by virtue of the action taking place up top, it's probably button based.
Unless they do what they did in Nintendogs + Cats. :-\ But no, this definitely looks button-based. I'm just being paranoid because I actually feel excited about a Zelda game again. It's visually stunning, to boot. I've watched the eShop trailer like 10 times now, lol.

Hobbun

We are getting another top-down Zelda and a sequel to LttP, and a lot of you are complaining about the art.

Fuck yes, can't wait!

2San

You do know that Flagship made games the same way mystwalker does. Capcom production group 1 did the real work.
Nope didn't know that, this explains why everyone says that the oracle games are made by capcom.
A lot of the people who worked at Flagship work at Nintendo now, making Zelda games. Skyward Sword was actually directed by the same person who directed The Minish Cap, Hidemaro Fujibayashi.
Alright thanks, I knew about the director being the same.

edit:
We had this discussion in the Nintendo Direct announcement thread.

And I made this:

Notice how few of the positions say "Flagship," and most of them say "Capcom."

Most of the people from the Oracle / Minish Cap teams continued to work on Capcom games after Nintendo EAD decided to make their own dedicated Zelda portable games. A few defected to the Nintendo ecosystem, but even then, they mainly worked on Kirby + Pokemon spinoffs.

This is a commonly held gaming misconception.
Thanks.

YOU HATE SKYWARDU SWORTU BUT YOU ROVU A RINKU TO THE PASTO
SO FOR 3DS I MAKE NEW TOP-DOWN ZERUDA SET IN WORLD OF A RINKU TO THE PASTO WITH SIMIRAR GLAPHICS BUT IN 3D BECAUSE I TINK TRUE 3D ZERUDA ALA OOT GET STALE
AND YOU DONTU RIKE NEW 3DS ZERUDA SET IN WORLD OF A RINKU TO THE PASTO YOU HATE THE GLAPHICS, YOU ROVU SKYWARDU SWORTO NOW
WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WANT!!!!!!!?

I love LTTP and it looks really awesome... in concept. The platforms that appear from nowhere and the artstyle looks kinda bad. Maybe it's better on 3ds screen? The walk on walls thing looks cool too.

Cautiously hyped

CassSept

I held off on commenting on the graphics as some people said it looks better in 3D and yeah, that trailer on eShop looks SIGNIFICANTLY better. Still not sure about the artstyle, but then again it's just ALttP... in 3D!

Very excited though, Paper Link can be interesting if it's implemented well.

Sure, you can see the layers, but you miss out on the depth and separation and solidity you can only get in 3D. Don't know why you'd do that when it's crafted for 3D. I'll be cranking this one all the way up!
Cause it looks worse in 3D and those things arent that big a deal. Every other game seems to do just fine without gimmicks, and its not as if games touted as unplayable in 2D like 3D Land were seriously built around 3D.. Pretty simple. But hey, thats the great thing about the 3DS, you can play with your hideous 3D while the rest of us "dodongo turds and cuckoo shits" can play in 2D. Options are great.

Do you think this is going to include a remake of the original LTTP game? Otherwise, it doesn't make much sense to remake the original layouts as directly as they have.

ec0ec0

this is deffinetly a new super mario bros zelda, even in the gameplay... have you all see that extremily slow motion sword spin in the video of the eshop, the game feels slooooow... with a link to the past you can do a speedrun but with this new game you would get a slowrun...

Would you kindly educate me sir? :)

okay sure. it's not over saturation. it's a specific effect that simulates the bright glare you get around brighter things. before we had a way of doing HDR, it was used a lot, last gen. basically it's light bleeding out of the bright thing into the not bright thing next too it.

this I'm seeing some oversaturation of colours and some rim lighting on the trees, but no bloom.

The Wind Waker HD shots from the last big direct had bloom applied to the sky. If I remember right, Skywards Sword does the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom