• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Selling my Xbox One, what must be done?

I've decided to sell my Xbox One because i need money to afford that Xbox One X in November. I already have 240 euros but that's not nearly enough. I'm getting 130 for my Xbox One and that is quite nice, since a month ago stores would give me 120 for it and now only 75 euros.

But things must be done before i can sell it to someone else of course. Most of my games are on my external HDD, so that's all fine but naturally i don't want the buyer to use my account. Do i simply factory reset the Xbox One and that's that or how should i go about this?

You can do the following:

All your save files should be stored in the cloud, so you can delete your profile or profiles
Unplug all your external hard drives, as long as they are linked to your profile, you will be able to just plug it to another Xbox console and use it with your profile
Remove your console as "home console"
Restore your console to factory default and select to delete everything so it is "as new"

All games, save files, profile, archives, history will be deleted, the next time the console is turned on, will ask you to configure it from the start

Akai__

I've decided to sell my Xbox One because i need money to afford that Xbox One X in November. I already have 240 euros but that's not nearly enough. I'm getting 130 for my Xbox One and that is quite nice, since a month ago stores would give me 120 for it and now only 75 euros.

But things must be done before i can sell it to someone else of course. Most of my games are on my external HDD, so that's all fine but naturally i don't want the buyer to use my account. Do i simply factory reset the Xbox One and that's that or how should i go about this?

I would do a factory reset. But I'd also check if all games/accounts are deleted and make sure that it's not set as the Home Console anymore.

Thanks guys. Good advice on the home console option as well, since i share with someone and the next Xbox (borrowing one from a friend) should become the new home console.

Akai__

Thanks guys. Good advice on the home console option as well, since i share with someone and the next Xbox (borrowing one from a friend) should become the new home console.

I'll have to go through the same coming November, so I looked into some options.

If somebody else has some further advice, that would be nice.

I'll have to go through the same coming November, so I looked into some options.

If somebody else has some further advice, that would be nice.

What kind of further advice would you like? :)

I've closed the deal and the Xbox will be sold tomorrow. My friend will let me borrow one of his Xbox One consoles and to my surprise it's his Xbox One S Gears 4 edition. So that means I get to play with HDR finally. Fantastic!

Top Bottom