• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

titiklabingapat
Member
(08-13-2017, 04:54 AM)
titiklabingapat's Avatar
Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?
Nezzhil
Member
(08-13-2017, 09:44 AM)
Nezzhil's Avatar

Originally Posted by titiklabingapat

Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?

That's the original plan, yes.
Lister
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:15 PM)
Lister's Avatar

Originally Posted by titiklabingapat

Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?

I believe you're going to have to own the 1st campaign to get the full map though, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd imagine there might also be a DLc-like package for those that dont' own the original.
Magnus
Member
(08-13-2017, 01:22 PM)
Magnus's Avatar

Originally Posted by Goldfishking

It's just a joke. Basically Warcraft was originally going to be a warhammer game, but when they couldn't get the license blizzard just made their own IP.

Edit: Source

Fascinating. Didn't know this. Thanks!
prudislav
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:19 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by titiklabingapat

Would the 'Mega Grand Campaign' have all the maps and all the races combined?

My unerstanding was:
- itsgonna bedownloadable for game2 couple weeks after release
- all playable races from both games
- game 1 races unplayable wuthout Game 1
- dlc races depends which you own
- no story quests unlike main campaigns
- both maps included but a little less detailed than main campaigns
karnage10
Member
(08-13-2017, 02:38 PM)

Originally Posted by prudislav

My unerstanding was:
- itsgonna bedownloadable for game2 couple weeks after release
- all playable races from both games
- game 1 races unplayable wuthout Game 1
- dlc races depends which you own
- no story quests unlike main campaigns
- both maps included but a little less detailed than main campaigns

A slight correct on the bold one, CA said that the old map would be unchanged, only the new world would have some provinces striped away. The rest is on point from what we know.
With norsca out CA will focus more on game 2, through i suspect that mega campaign info will probably only be released after game 2 launch.





I like these; they describe warhammer 2 really well!
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Dragons, Dinosaurs, Hydras We Got Them All
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Tails, Scales and Pointy Ears


Total War: Warhammer II |OT| No, That is not Master Splinter <- this one made me chuckle.
Giran
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:41 PM)
Giran's Avatar
https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897129974150434818

CA just released the WH2 map. The ruins with question marks are almost certainly Skaven and the first two factions match Clan Mors and Clan Pestilens in character count.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-14-2017, 05:47 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giran

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897129974150434818

CA just released the WH2 map. The ruins with question marks are almost certainly Skaven and the first two factions match Clan Mors and Clan Pestilens in character count.

That is really cool.
razzmahtazz
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:11 PM)
razzmahtazz's Avatar

Originally Posted by Giran

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897129974150434818

CA just released the WH2 map. The ruins with question marks are almost certainly Skaven and the first two factions match Clan Mors and Clan Pestilens in character count.

I wonder if this means an Araby Free-LC is planned. A quarter of the map is focused on it.
LurkerPrime
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:16 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar
The amount of ruins will bring an interesting twist to the campaign map, assuming they're not all Skaven. Should shake up the usual blind conquest routine... if the AI actually expands now.

And speaking of Skaven, they must have some kind of big twist for CA to play coy about them for so long, right??
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:18 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

The amount of ruins will bring an interesting twist to the campaign map, assuming they're not all Skaven. Should shake up the usual blind conquest routine... if the AI actually expands now.

And speaking of Skaven, they must have some kind of big twist for CA to play coy about them for so long, right??

The some of the ruins might be Skaven Clans.
prudislav
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:22 PM)
prudislav's Avatar
also apparently something was leaked in Turkey ;-)
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:42 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by prudislav

also apparently something was leaked in Turkey ;-)

Someone posted this a couple of pages ago.
PeskyToaster
(08-14-2017, 06:51 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Magnus

So as a big Warcraft lover, someone tell me why this is being called Warcraft 4 in the OP title. Is it just that good, or does it share a lot of design similarities? (Visually, aesthetically, etc.)

I picked it to stir some shit because there's a bit of long-running sniping between the fans of the two series. I'm willing to bet the audiences of both series were similar until World of Warcraft took off and then the Warcraft universe gained a bunch of new fans that know nothing about Warhammer (like me until this game) which inflames some people. I think a lot of Warhammer fans feel that Blizzard reaped huge benefits for aping a franchise they love (multiple times if you include Starcraft and 40k). The title plays both sides because some Warhammer fans are miffed at Blizzard so I called the game Warcraft 4 while Warcraft fans who fell in love with the series and its roots as an RTS are stuck with the word and lore being told in the MMO with no Warcraft 4 in sight at this point. There's my over-explanation of the thread title lol.
Kaffeemann
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:51 PM)
Kaffeemann's Avatar
I'm really fucking hyped for TWW2.
ffejeromdiks
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:53 PM)
ffejeromdiks's Avatar
Dayum, that WH2 map, I saw the video a while back but for whatever reason I didn't expect the whole africa analogue continent to be included, thought it was just going to be the Elf island and Lustria, pretty damn rad.
LurkerPrime
Member
(08-14-2017, 06:56 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar
Here is the full map:

Originally Posted by ffejeromdiks

Dayum, that WH2 map, I saw the video a while back but for whatever reason I didn't expect the whole africa analogue continent to be included, thought it was just going to be the Elf island and Lustria, pretty damn rad.

Oooh, I couldn't put my finger on why it was so much bigger than I thought it'd be, but this is it.
PeskyToaster
(08-14-2017, 07:01 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar
This game is going to take up my life. The toughest question is still ahead. Who the hell do I try first?
Megalosaro
Member
(08-14-2017, 07:02 PM)
Megalosaro's Avatar
Sigmar's heirs
ffejeromdiks
Member
(08-14-2017, 07:32 PM)
ffejeromdiks's Avatar

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

This game is going to take up my life. The toughest question is still ahead. Who the hell do I try first?

I'm going Lizardmen first, then Skaven.

I just...can't not go with the dino-bros first go.
Pyros_Eien
Member
(08-14-2017, 07:59 PM)
Pyros_Eien's Avatar
That looks pretty big, also like that they have a large variety of factions mixed in there not just the big 4, gonna be fun to play. Definitely going Skaven first, then probably Lizardmen and then elves.
Nezzhil
Member
(08-14-2017, 08:06 PM)
Nezzhil's Avatar

Originally Posted by razzmahtazz

I wonder if this means an Araby Free-LC is planned. A quarter of the map is focused on it.

They always can leave these regions as Bretonnia Crusade's conquests. I hope not, I want new factions..

Also, Tomb King's territory is right now Vampire (Strygos Empire). I'm sure that they will change that when they add the mummies.
Vallasin
Junior Member
(08-14-2017, 08:12 PM)
Vallasin's Avatar
Absolutely loving the Norsca faction at the moment. Had my most epic battle in 400 hours today:

Wulfriks troops took the brunt of the attack and were mostly wiped out, except for Wulfrik himself. The reinforcing trolls took care of the Chaos hordes.

prudislav
Member
(08-15-2017, 02:27 PM)
prudislav's Avatar
Definitely not ratmen :-D

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897442766984269825

Also rodents of unusual size gif: https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897446824461598720

i guess official reveal is finally undrerway
Last edited by prudislav; 08-15-2017 at 02:32 PM.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-15-2017, 04:26 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by prudislav

Definitely not ratmen :-D

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897442766984269825

Also rodents of unusual size gif: https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/897446824461598720

i guess official reveal is finally undrerway

GG Creative Assembly, GG.
Mudcrab
Member
(08-15-2017, 04:36 PM)
Mudcrab's Avatar
Officially reveal Thanqual's incompetent ass is a legendary lord or we riot riot
loki0wn
Junior Member
(08-15-2017, 04:54 PM)
Gamescom is next week, so they'll probably drip feed new Ratmen info till this weekend before a full reveal and then do a showcase of the near final product when Gamescom launches next Wednesday.


Some low effort title thoughts:
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Lizards of Unusual Size
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Lizards and Dragons and Ratmen, Oh My!
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| It's a Small World of WAAAGH(craft)
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| It's a Small World AfterWAAAGH
Last edited by loki0wn; 08-15-2017 at 10:00 PM.
johancruijff
Member
(08-15-2017, 10:41 PM)
johancruijff's Avatar

Originally Posted by loki0wn

Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen

ma vote
Geist-
Member
(08-15-2017, 10:45 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by loki0wn

Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen

You win.
Poodlestrike
Member
(08-15-2017, 11:01 PM)
Poodlestrike's Avatar
I like Lizards of Unusual Size.
Memory
Member
(08-15-2017, 11:31 PM)
Memory's Avatar

Originally Posted by loki0wn

Total War: Warhammer II |OT| Of Mice and Ratmen

Love it.
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(08-16-2017, 03:03 PM)
Lashley's Avatar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178INDY5Spg

SKAVEN HYPE
Goldfishking
Member
(08-16-2017, 03:12 PM)
Goldfishking's Avatar
Hellpit abomination, doomwheel and awesome squeaks. Im in.
Probably won't be the first race I play as but still excited.

Edit: Spit-balling an idea.
Total War: Warhammer II |OT| The Weak, The Antique and The Squeak

Weak - Tyclis is physically weak
Antique - Lizard men are an old and dwindling race.
Squeak - SQUEAK!!!
Last edited by Goldfishking; 08-16-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Ondor
Junior Member
(08-16-2017, 04:12 PM)
Is there any reason Alarielle isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, she's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-16-2017, 04:59 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ondor

Is there any reason Alarielle isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, she's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.

Finubar is the de facto leader of the high elves during this time.
Ondor
Junior Member
(08-16-2017, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

Finubar is the de facto leader of the high elves during this time.

Oh, really? My mistake then, I thought the Everqueen led the high elves and the Phoenix King was more of an honorary thing. Anyone mind clearing that up for me?

Also, that begs a new question. Is there any reason Finubar isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, he's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-16-2017, 05:19 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ondor

Oh, really? My mistake then, I thought the Everqueen led the high elves and the Phoenix King was more of an honorary thing. Anyone mind clearing that up for me?

Also, that begs a new question. Is there any reason Finubar isn't a legendary lord? As far as I know, he's the only de facto faction leader not to be one.

You got the two switch around.
Tyrion and Teclics are more well known than Finubar I would guess that is the reason.
Ondor
Junior Member
(08-16-2017, 05:25 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

You got the two switch around.
Tyrion and Teclics are more well known than Finubar I would guess that is the reason.

Ahh okay, thanks a lot!

I guess that makes sense but then I would've imagined Lord Kroak would be a legendary lord for the lizardmen. Though he is dead so maybe that played a role.
Bizazedo
Member
(08-16-2017, 09:37 PM)
Bizazedo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lashley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178INDY5Spg

SKAVEN HYPE

That is a great trailer, but all I see are different Beastmen. Skaven don't exist, they're a myth.
Aztechnology
Member
(08-17-2017, 07:45 AM)
Aztechnology's Avatar
I need to play some Vermintide... to prepare.
prudislav
Member
(08-17-2017, 12:13 PM)
prudislav's Avatar
Updated map with Skaven
LurkerPrime
Member
(08-17-2017, 12:30 PM)
LurkerPrime's Avatar
From that map: Skaven locations revealed by exploring ruins. Not all ruins harbour Skaven. It this sounds like the most annoying thing ever, assuming this is an in-game mechanic.

If it works the way it seems, it confirms that they'll be handled much differently than other factions, though. Can't trade, gather wealth, or maybe even conduct diplomacy if it's hidden like that. Would also conceal the total number of provinces unless revealing one is a permanent thing.

Should be interesting.
Violet_0
(08-17-2017, 02:09 PM)
Violet_0's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lashley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=178INDY5Spg

SKAVEN HYPE

oh man, they nailed it

Skaven remain the best faction now and forever, it's not even up for debate
ffejeromdiks
Member
(08-17-2017, 02:18 PM)
ffejeromdiks's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

From that map: Skaven locations revealed by exploring ruins. Not all ruins harbour Skaven. It this sounds like the most annoying thing ever, assuming this is an in-game mechanic.

.

They had to do it that way, most factions in the Warhammer universe aren't even convinced that Skaven are real.

Most major cities have Skaven living deep underground too, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mechanic like that in WH2, no idea how it would work, but it's a major characteristic of the ratmen.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-17-2017, 03:40 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by LurkerPrime

From that map: Skaven locations revealed by exploring ruins. Not all ruins harbour Skaven. It this sounds like the most annoying thing ever, assuming this is an in-game mechanic.

If it works the way it seems, it confirms that they'll be handled much differently than other factions, though. Can't trade, gather wealth, or maybe even conduct diplomacy if it's hidden like that. Would also conceal the total number of provinces unless revealing one is a permanent thing.

Should be interesting.

There are a couple videos of the campaign out already for the Skaven and they talk about the ruins.
Kaffeemann
Member
(08-17-2017, 04:23 PM)
Kaffeemann's Avatar
Good overview of all TWW2 new gameplay videos on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...fd&sh=075735b2
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(08-17-2017, 04:30 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kaffeemann

Good overview of all TWW2 new gameplay videos on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/co...fd&sh=075735b2

Nice.
trembli0s
Member
(08-17-2017, 05:04 PM)
Wow, this looks fantastic. Cannot wait until this comes out.
prudislav
Member
(08-17-2017, 05:17 PM)
prudislav's Avatar

Originally Posted by ffejeromdiks

They had to do it that way, most factions in the Warhammer universe aren't even convinced that Skaven are real.

Most major cities have Skaven living deep underground too, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a mechanic like that in WH2, no idea how it would work, but it's a major characteristic of the ratmen.

Thatssoundsreally cool , cant wait to see how they implemented it
karnage10
Member
(08-17-2017, 05:33 PM)
I have "finished" my norsca campaign. I really liked it and the mammoths are really OP when used against the AI. I had 1 norsca army beat 2 dwarf armies (led by thorgrim and ungrim) + karak eight peaks garrison and still have 40% of the army alive; the mammoths just wreck the dwarf line and the skinwolves supported by a frostwyrm make short work of any ranged troops. The hunts on the other hand are really really hard, i didn't do them all but those that i did i always took heavy losses. lastly Defeating Archeon was really challenging but a lot of fun. I'll probably do another campaign to see how siding with archeon feels like and see other god bonuses.


Now looking at warhammer 2 the skaven are really looking great but what surprised me is how much the UI changed, it seemed clearer while taking less screen space. I was afraid that the "can settle everywhere but have penalties" would be hard to identify but i really like the icons next to the cities.
Looking at the units of the skaven the hellpit abomination animations are amazing! it gives a really grotesque feeling to it.


While i'm enjoying the new what i'm sad about is that the footage i saw for the dark elves CA seemed to have changed malekith voice; to me he sounds like gelt now.

Thread Tools