• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

-tetsuo-
Unlimited Capacity
(05-23-2016, 07:49 PM)
-tetsuo-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by hear4beer

99% sure its only 2 player campaign. Either co-op or as 2 different factions.

Modders plz
Ketch
Member
(05-23-2016, 07:57 PM)
Ketch's Avatar

Originally Posted by A.Romero

Personally I started with Rome 1 and it just clicked. I've always played the tutorials afterwards but I wouldn't know if they are clear enough for someone completly new to the series...


Dang. I want to buy this game but I'm worried I won't be able to figure out how to play
PeskyToaster
(05-23-2016, 07:58 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mifec

Yo was this guy in WC lore before this game?

I don't think they've invented any lore things unless it's like a generated name of something. All the legendary lords are supposed to be pretty loyal to the lore.
WonkyPanda
Member
(05-23-2016, 07:58 PM)
WonkyPanda's Avatar
Man, my hype is ever increasing for this game
bonesmccoy
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:15 PM)
bonesmccoy's Avatar
Is Kemmler a vampire himself, or a human necromancer aligned with the Counts?
rdytoroll
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:17 PM)
rdytoroll's Avatar
What faction you guys gonna play first?

I'm not really that well versed in the Warhammer universum, so I'm just picking what looks the coolest and I think I'm going with the dwarfs.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:19 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by bonesmccoy

Is Kemmler a vampire himself, or a human necromancer aligned with the Counts?

He is a human Necromancer.
Lockless
Junior Member
(05-23-2016, 08:19 PM)
Lockless's Avatar

Originally Posted by ISee

BTW are there plans for more DLC in the future?
I need my Druchii (Dark Elves) and Khemri (Mummys; Tomb Kings). Also some Lizardman action would be nice. But they'd need to increase the campaign map size drastically for that.

They've talked about their dlc plans and there seems to be a lot of it but for big stuff like a bigger map and new races you'll have to wait for the sequel, this is the start of a trilogy you can combine together apparently.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:20 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lockless

They've talked about their dlc plans and there seems to be a lot of it but for big stuff like a bigger map and new races you'll have to wait for the sequel, this is the start of a trilogy you can combine together apparently.

I heard it was more of expansions than anything else.
Last edited by ShadowSwordmaster; 05-23-2016 at 08:25 PM.
nubbe
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:25 PM)
nubbe's Avatar
Nvidia playing Total War
https://www.twitch.tv/nvidia
4Tran
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:27 PM)

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

I heard it was more of a expansion then anything else.

Creative Assembly has said that they have three games planned, and that the games can combine to create a single huge grand campaign. I'd imagine that in addition to this, they're going to release a bunch of other races in smaller DLC packages. The most obvious first candidate for this is Bretonnia since they're already in the game and playable in multiplayer.
Isomac
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:30 PM)
Isomac's Avatar
In that official stream framerate seems really rough at times.
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:34 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Isomac

In that official stream framerate seems really rough at times.

That could be the stream. I know Heir of Carthage had problems on Youtube when he did the streams.
Netherscourge
I am very insecure about the visual capabilities of the PS4
(05-23-2016, 08:35 PM)
Netherscourge's Avatar
WOT WOT

WAAAAGH!!!!

I love me some Warhammer.

Can't fucking WAIT to place this game!!!!!
ShadowSwordmaster
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:38 PM)
ShadowSwordmaster's Avatar
I might play as Karl Franz first and then Mannfred.
Lister
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:38 PM)
Lister's Avatar
Is there a local time countdown timer?
Lockless
Junior Member
(05-23-2016, 08:39 PM)
Lockless's Avatar

Originally Posted by ShadowSwordmaster

I heard it was more of expansions than anything else.

I think they are going to be standalone but you can combine them like expansions and play one massive campaign.
Lister
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:39 PM)
Lister's Avatar

Originally Posted by rdytoroll

What faction you guys gonna play first?

I'm not really that well versed in the Warhammer universum, so I'm just picking what looks the coolest and I think I'm going with the dwarfs.

I know jack and shit abotu Warhammer, so I'm going wiht the human faction, since they look a lto like a standard Totla War faction.
WonkyPanda
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:39 PM)
WonkyPanda's Avatar
Okay, watched the stream and I bought it; I'm weak.
Legato.Reborn-
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:40 PM)
Legato.Reborn-'s Avatar
I hope it is more optimized than Attila
abracadaver
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:40 PM)
abracadaver's Avatar
New AMD drivers with Total War: Warhammer support are out: 16.5.3

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-notes.aspx
Lister
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:41 PM)
Lister's Avatar

Originally Posted by abracadaver

New AMD drivers with Total War: Warhammer support are out: 16.5.3

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-notes.aspx

Hope Nvidia follows suit soon!

(also, looks like AMD is more and mroe on point now a days... relaly looking forward ot their next card reveals).
Gurra
Junior Member
(05-23-2016, 08:42 PM)
Great OP!

Eagerly awaiting this beauty.
Geist-
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:47 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar
Thanks for the OP, can't wait to show human superiority through military might. :-)
ISee
Member
(05-23-2016, 08:59 PM)
ISee's Avatar

Originally Posted by abracadaver

New AMD drivers with Total War: Warhammer support are out: 16.5.3

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-notes.aspx

Cool, thx. I'll add this to the performance thread later.
A.Romero
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:02 PM)
A.Romero's Avatar

Originally Posted by Ketch

Dang. I want to buy this game but I'm worried I won't be able to figure out how to play

What do you think about trying and refunding if you don't like it? I think Steam allows 2 hours of gameplay.
theonerayman
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:11 PM)
theonerayman's Avatar
So I was reading on the Steam forums for the game and it seems like they are putting some pretty tight reigns on the mods they are allowing for this game, especially when it comes to adding new factions. Does anyone know how much control devs actually have over free items in the workshop? And if since there IS mod support why the mods couldn't be made and posted on another site like Nexus?
Rygar 8 Bit
Jaguar 64-bit
(05-23-2016, 09:12 PM)
Rygar 8 Bit's Avatar
this is a jumping on point for the series so im sure it will be way easier to get into then the others

Originally Posted by theonerayman

So I was reading on the Steam forums for the game and it seems like they are putting some pretty tight reigns on the mods they are allowing for this game, especially when it comes to adding new factions. Does anyone know how much control devs actually have over free items in the workshop? And if since there IS mod support why the mods couldn't be made and posted on another site like Nexus?

they are planning on releasing every army to the game at some point so id think they would want to stop people from modding them in
Last edited by Rygar 8 Bit; 05-23-2016 at 09:14 PM.
PeskyToaster
(05-23-2016, 09:14 PM)
PeskyToaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by Lister

Is there a local time countdown timer?

I can add one when I get back to my computer.

Originally Posted by abracadaver

New AMD drivers with Total War: Warhammer support are out: 16.5.3

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...ase-notes.aspx

I'll add a link to this as well. Thanks,
Mifec
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:15 PM)
Mifec's Avatar

Originally Posted by ISee

Kemmler was there from the beginning as far as I know.

Originally Posted by Saiyar

Yes, he even has a model.

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

I don't think they've invented any lore things unless it's like a generated name of something. All the legendary lords are supposed to be pretty loyal to the lore.

Oh I asked because a Necromancer from The Dresden Files shares the same name, guess it's a shout out on the part of the DF's author.
theonerayman
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:18 PM)
theonerayman's Avatar

Originally Posted by Rygar 8 Bit

this is a jumping on point for the series so im sure it will be way easier to get into then the others



they are planning on releasing every army to the game at some point so id think they would want to stop people from modding them in

Yeah, I figured that. But they are also saying that you can't add any outside armies, or armies from other IPs. Hence the reason I'm curious as to how much control they have over the workshop and mods in general.
ISee
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:20 PM)
ISee's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mifec

Oh I asked because a Necromancer from The Dresden Files shares the same name, guess it's a shout out on the part of the DF's author.

Yeah for sure. Jim Butcher loves little nods to other fantasy franchises here and there.
Tworak
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:24 PM)
Tworak's Avatar
I still don't really know what to play first. well, probably empire due to witchhunters.

Originally Posted by PeskyToaster

360 interactive launch trailer

Last edited by Tworak; 05-23-2016 at 09:28 PM.
ISee
Member
(05-23-2016, 09:28 PM)
ISee's Avatar
Was watching the newest Game of thrones episode tonight with my wife and there was (as always) a total war: warhammer commercial playing before the episode started.
Made me grin *g*
Netherscourge
I am very insecure about the visual capabilities of the PS4
(05-23-2016, 09:57 PM)
Netherscourge's Avatar

Originally Posted by Saty





http://gamegpu.com/rts-/-%D1%81%D1%8...ammer-test-gpu

So no SLI support?
nubbe
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:02 PM)
nubbe's Avatar
Sandy Bridge E beats Haswell E

good thing i'm still stuck in 2011
Frozenprince
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:04 PM)
Frozenprince's Avatar
Orcs orcs orcs orcs, orcs orcs orcs orcs
Geist-
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:17 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by nubbe

Sandy Bridge E beats Haswell E

good thing i'm still stuck in 2011

At this rate I'm not sure I'll ever replace my 2600k.
ISee
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:24 PM)
ISee's Avatar
Performance Thread is ready to go... (well, hope so).

According to the official twitch stream the game will unlock in 9 hours here in Europe, but steam says it's still ~18 hours away. Do you want me to post it now, wait till we are closer to release or does somebody else wants to do one?
Stevey
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:25 PM)
Stevey's Avatar
Just had an email saying my High King Edition has been dispatched
nubbe
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:26 PM)
nubbe's Avatar

Originally Posted by Geist-

At this rate I'm not sure I'll ever replace my 2600k.

Everyone that got their system in 2011-2012 and never upgraded hit the jackpot
Uzzy
(05-23-2016, 10:27 PM)
Uzzy's Avatar
I'm hoping it's not too long until we get Valkia the Bloody as one of the legendary lords for Chaos. What's not to love about a Khornate Valkyrie.

Modding is meant to be easy, right?
ISee
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:28 PM)
ISee's Avatar
Is this a greater greater daemon of tzeentch I'm seeing in the stream? WOW. COOL!
DeadlyParasite
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:37 PM)
DeadlyParasite's Avatar
What I'd kill to have a 40k Total War game...

Looking forward to playing this when I can afford a decent PC.
Gaz_RB
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:39 PM)
Gaz_RB's Avatar
Debating staying up or waking up early to get a taste before work tomorrow. Wish they'd just do a midnight release!
Ark
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:40 PM)
Ark's Avatar
Yaaaaaaay! Awesome OT :)

Can't wait to play this sometime tomorrow. Juggling this with Overwatch will be fun though :)
Lashley
Why does he wear the mask!?
(05-23-2016, 10:42 PM)
Lashley's Avatar

Originally Posted by rdytoroll

What faction you guys gonna play first?

I'm not really that well versed in the Warhammer universum, so I'm just picking what looks the coolest and I think I'm going with the dwarfs.

Vampire counts, then dwarves and then Chaos
Geist-
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:42 PM)
Geist-'s Avatar

Originally Posted by ISee

Is this a greater greater daemon of tzeentch I'm seeing in the stream? WOW. COOL!

That's beautiful. I hope themed Chaos armies are coming in later expansions. Need my Slaaneshi Army of General Debauchery.

The Keeper of Secrets might be too NSFW for a Total War game though...

Tiamatsword22
Member
(05-23-2016, 10:55 PM)
Tiamatsword22's Avatar
I know there are still plenty of factions to add with expansions and what not, but I really hope they add in a playable Cathay at some point.

Thread Tools