• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

Sydle
(03-22-2017, 04:03 PM)

Originally Posted by SatoAilDarko

So we have to pay for the robot that is on the cover of the game and several promotional shots:

jumptoconclusions.jpeg

It's probably just a new SKU to replace the current retail version. Seems pretty likely current owners will get it as DLC.
Banjo-Kazooie
(03-22-2017, 04:04 PM)
My guess is that the DLC is free, the "definitive edition" SKU will replace the current one that's on the Store since it will have HDR, tank bot, updates etc as the standard SKU file
prudislav
(03-22-2017, 04:05 PM)

Originally Posted by Kent

I'm pretty sure ReCore's IP is actually owned by Microsoft, just developed by a third party.

Similar to Killer Instinct.

no idea .... didnt MS promised more MS games on steam will happen not that long ago?
... even though i kinda enjoyed the trial version .... the WinStore/UWP experience was enough of a turn off to never touch anything UWP again ...... but would definitely get it on real PC store
Last edited by prudislav; 03-22-2017 at 04:07 PM.
Admodieus
Great example of a game that didn't need a limited/collector's edition but got one anyway.

I enjoyed my time with Recore. It is not a perfect game and it is not for everyone, but there were moments (especially in the climb up the last Tower) where the combat was excellent and frantic. The platforming dungeons were really cool too. What I would like to see out of a follow-up is more focus on the story and characters, a better progression/difficulty curve (having the last parts of the game be gated by the collectibles was lame), and a streamlining of the crafting/companion system. There's potential there.
Max_Po
Banned
The game needs optimization, 60 fps and Down-sampling for Scorpio
LordBaztion
I hope the unfinished things are added to the base version too, since I haven't played it yet.
SatoAilDarko
(03-22-2017, 04:09 PM)
I would hope it's free but why would a game need a new SKU if it just includes a free update? When has that ever happened?
Justinh
(03-22-2017, 04:14 PM)

I would hope it's free but why would a game need a new SKU if it just includes a free update? When has that ever happened?

Yeah, I bet it'll be something like 5 dollars like Ori and the Blind Forest, where the old version went unavailable to purchase and now you can only buy the Definitive Edition.
Bear Cub in Sky

Originally Posted by Banjo-Kazooie

My guess is that the DLC is free, the "definitive edition" SKU will replace the current one that's on the Store since it will have HDR, tank bot, updates etc as the standard SKU file

I'm hoping for this.
Sword Of Doom
Even if it's a free update I don't even know if I'll go back to this game. I don't remember anything at this point and would have to start from the beginning.

Originally Posted by Justinh

Yeah, I bet it'll be something like 5 dollars like Ori and the Blind Forest, where the old version went unavailable to purchase and now you can only buy the Definitive Edition.

Difference being Ori felt like a finished game without the definitive edition.
Gitaroo
when is that bot dlc is suppose to be out? I remember seeing that trailer, been waiting for the update before I continue. I heard close to the end of the game it forces you to collect a power cores to complete the game, hope they patch that out.
Bits N Pieces
(03-22-2017, 04:15 PM)
Stopped playing the game once I heard about the additional Bot, hoping they let us know soonish what it is and whether it costs any money or not.
Shiggy
(03-22-2017, 04:16 PM)

Originally Posted by Justinh

But here you have a retail version which is still in stock everywhere and has discounts of 25-50%.
Unreal Champ
(03-22-2017, 04:21 PM)

Originally Posted by prudislav

i dont think the IP is owned by MS (its 3rd party not 1st party exclusive)... so it can happen like QB or DR4

pwesonally would love non-UWP version of it on any of PC stores

Its an MS IP.
Warnen
morphix's brother
(03-22-2017, 04:23 PM)
Gotta hope they just upgrade all versions to this.
Lighting Gels
(03-22-2017, 04:24 PM)
Was waiting for the additional bot to make a new run, so fantastic news.
Exploring new zones, or a new way of exploring the known ones will be great.
Can`t wait.
Falchion
(03-22-2017, 04:27 PM)
I've been waiting for the T8NK to be released to play this game since I thought it was going to be a free update and help traverse the large spaces.
#sorrynotsorry
(03-22-2017, 04:36 PM)
I don't care about the corebot. What they need is a way to find all the collectibles in-game. It's absolutely outrageous how many of them there in giant worlds full of nothing. I didn't get to finish the game because I didn't want to spend hours looking for collectibles.
Reineldinho
(03-22-2017, 04:46 PM)

Originally Posted by Falchion

I've been waiting for the T8NK to be released to play this game since I thought it was going to be a free update and help traverse the large spaces.

You and me both. But actually it'll be my first run
LiK
(03-22-2017, 04:47 PM)
Better give the DLC to Gold members at least considering base game was unfinished.
Justinh
(03-22-2017, 04:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Reineldinho

You and me both. But actually it'll be my first run

Yeah, I got pretty far in the game but just stopped because I heard there was going to be an update in the future. I thought it was going to be free at the time too.

I honestly am not sure I'll actually go back to it though.
antibolo
Banned
(03-22-2017, 04:55 PM)

Originally Posted by Bear Cub in Sky

There was no conning with this game. It released at $39.99 too.

That's not the point. Don't give any money to Comcept.
SlipperyMoose
Banned
(03-22-2017, 04:56 PM)
Kind of weird but ok sure why not.
Izuna
Banned
(03-22-2017, 04:59 PM)
Uhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't...

No fix for the OG release?

I'm kinda...
Cider X
(03-22-2017, 05:01 PM)
Nice. Day never.
TheUnsunghero26
Had a feeling this would happen. ReCore is a game that deserves a second chance, hopefully they fix what needs to be fixed.
Maxrunner
From the makers of Metroid Prime...
ElBoxyBrown
(03-22-2017, 05:05 PM)
I could have sworn they said the DLC would be a free update.

Originally Posted by antibolo

That's not the point. Don't give any money to Comcept.

People from Metroid also worked on it. Also Microsoft has to share some of the blame for not giving them a bigger budget.
SatoAilDarko
(03-22-2017, 05:06 PM)

Originally Posted by Maxrunner

From the makers of Metroid Prime...

I mean Too Human was from the makers of Eternal Darkness.
Gamezone
(03-22-2017, 05:08 PM)
The DLC is probably not even on the disc.
MulderYuffie
(03-22-2017, 05:11 PM)
Was thinking bout buying this for awhile now guess I'll just wait for this to release.
Bsigg12

Originally Posted by sixteen-bit

Didn't QB get a Steam release?

That was before Xbox Play Anywhere was a thing and the Windows 10 Store was getting any sort of focus from Microsoft for PC content.
Grisby
Kind of weird that they're naming it that.

Originally Posted by Shifty.

Why on earth is this being framed as a definitive edition instead of simply being a high-profile patch?

And surely it can't be paid. Surely.

Seriously.

Originally Posted by ReddishGUI

Average game with some fun and solid gameplay imo.

Felt great to dash -> jump -> air dash.

Pretty much. There was a really good sense of movement that played well into the simple but cool color combat.
antibolo
Banned
(03-22-2017, 05:13 PM)

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

People from Metroid also worked on it. Also Microsoft has to share some of the blame for not giving them a bigger budget.

You guys are still missing the point but anyway do what you want.
ElBoxyBrown
(03-22-2017, 05:16 PM)

Originally Posted by antibolo

You guys are still missing the point but anyway do what you want.

The game bombed if it makes you feel any better.
nillapuddin
(03-22-2017, 05:18 PM)

Originally Posted by ElBoxyBrown

I could have sworn they said the DLC would be a free update.

This.

Love the game, it certainly has issues, but loved the platforming/concept.

It's a shame they didn't knock it outta the park, honestly felt there was some franchise potential there (at least a sequel for sure)
Mdk7
Sequel dreams killed
by Graham Hopper
(03-22-2017, 05:19 PM)

Originally Posted by mclem

ReCore: Finished Edition.

This sort of fell off my radar after having some interest when the announcement took place, I completely missed the actual release. Might be tempted to give it a go.

LOL
Jaguar Victory
(03-22-2017, 05:19 PM)

So we have to pay for the robot that is on the cover of the game and several promotional shots:

Who the UI has a space for:

Who has enemy versions you fight and get crafting materials from some of which are to exclusively upgrade T8-NK:

Who they talked about not "currently" being available:

And they want to sell a new release of the game that includes this content while the base game already dropped to $20 quickly after release.

Had an $180 Collector's Edition:

That has been available directly from Amazon for less than $50 for months.

$50 you say... Hmmmm, might have to scoop this
Wesley-Sigma
(03-22-2017, 05:21 PM)
Played it on PC.

The platforming was probably the best thing about it. It was incredibly deliberate -- unlike the combat.
JaggedSac
(03-22-2017, 05:21 PM)
This better be free for current owners.
Lucifon
(03-22-2017, 05:26 PM)
Hopefully it's free for existing owners and a large improvement for new folk. Good way to re-market the game and hopefully fix some of the issues. I've played a couple of hours and it seems really promising but sounds like it falls apart the further you go. I held off in the hope they'd fix some things, then the HDR patch was announced so I held off even more. Now this.
a Master Ninja
for whom the Bell trolls
(03-22-2017, 05:26 PM)
On the positive side, I'm glad they got to finish their game in the end. Plenty of games are rushed to launch and stay unfinished/unpatched forever.
LukasTaves
(03-22-2017, 05:35 PM)
While I want the DLC to be free, I'm glad there's a new edition coming. This game needs as much as re releases as long as it secures a sequel (on UE4)
Noobcraft
(03-22-2017, 05:36 PM)

Originally Posted by mclem

ReCore: Finished Edition.

NetMapel
Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
(03-22-2017, 05:42 PM)
I hope they can also reduce the load times between maps. I get very impatient with those loads like it's Skyrim on PS3 haha.
HighResTomato
(03-22-2017, 05:43 PM)

Originally Posted by prudislav

i dont think the IP is owned by MS (its 3rd party not 1st party exclusive)... so it can happen like QB or DR4

pwesonally would love non-UWP version of it on any of PC stores

Quantum Break is owned by MS.
Lighting Gels
(03-22-2017, 05:44 PM)
As someone stated, better late than never. This game deserves so much some polish and additions...
I am not employed in the video game industry and I was previously banned after posting a bunch of questionable NX rumors I collected by talking to people on Twitter.
(03-22-2017, 05:45 PM)
ReRecore.

If I ready own the game will the T4NK dlc be free?
GuitarGuruu
(03-22-2017, 05:47 PM)
Didn't this like just come out not too long ago?